[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't know what it is but I really hate dancing. I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: lvcrow27n.jpg (229KB, 1200x939px) Image search: [Google]
lvcrow27n.jpg
229KB, 1200x939px
I don't know what it is but I really hate dancing. I'm not sure what it is. I'm not going to act like it doesn't make me a little embarrassed to be doing it, but usually I'm a little drunk and everyone else is looking like a dumbass anyways so it doesn't bother me THAT much.

But I just don't have fun with it. The last few times I've tried going out to bars with my friends and dancing I just don't have a good time. I'll try moving around for a little while and the whole time I'll be thinking "this fucking sucks" and I'll end up leaving and going home to pass out. I'm 100% sure this is a total downer for my friends and that I am definitely cock blocking myself with this mentality.

I really want to enjoy dancing but it straight up feels as if my brain just isn't wired for it. Am I fucked?

And yes I am an introvert in case anyone really needed to ask
>>
File: shinji choking asuka in EoE.png (425KB, 500x414px) Image search: [Google]
shinji choking asuka in EoE.png
425KB, 500x414px
bumping because I would like to hear people's thoughts on this
>>
Try dancing solo with nobody around
See if u still hate it
>>
>>17512804
I've tried that before, it just makes me feel like an asshat. I just think "this feels really stupid" and I stop

Sometimes if I'm really digging a song I can sort of dance to it. Part of the problem might be that bars don't play the type of music I like but there's not much I can do about that
>>
>>17512733
OP are you saying you're the sort of person who likes to just appreciate a song they like, without feeling the desire to dance to it? If so, that's cool. No one's forcing you to dance, so don't do it if you don't enjoy it. Doesn't mean you have to leave though.

But I would recommend what this >>17512804
anon said try doing it at home with no one around, to a song you can really get into. You might be surprised.
>>
>>17512814
>OP are you saying you're the sort of person who likes to just appreciate a song they like, without feeling the desire to dance to it?
that definitely is part of it

but at the same time when I see people who get really into dancing, even if they're not good at all, I get pretty jealous because I wish I could have that fun with something so simple. It seems like such a freeing experience and a good way to get close to others

plus like I said, I'm cockblocking myself by hating dancing as a dude in his mid twenties who's still in college and hates dancing and that sucks
>>
>>17512837
I get what you mean.

It all depends on what you want to get out of this. Do you want to have fun or do you just feel obliged to dance because your friends want you to/you reckon you have a better chance with chicks?
>>
File: CTnn6hY.jpg (47KB, 500x436px) Image search: [Google]
CTnn6hY.jpg
47KB, 500x436px
>>17512845
well ideally it'd be both

to go back to the question I asked above, am I totally fucked to hate dancing forever or is there anything I can do?

I signed up for a dance class at my school next semester and I'm hoping that maybe something will click or that I can gain some sort of appreciation for dancing. And I think I'll try dancing by myself a lot more and see if I can get over what seems to be a mental block on my part
>>
>>17512866
Nah you're not fucked, I'm sure you'll warm up to it.
Sounds like a good plan anon. Good luck :^)
>>
>>17512733
This is how I felt when I first started clubbing. I went because it made me feel cool. At some point I just started enjoying it. Maybe that'll happen for you? Stick with it for a while, I would say.
>>
>>17512813
go to places with better music. i love dancing but fuck dancing at bars

your problem is locale and crowd
>>
You just grind in rhythm with the song and girl with your dick between or on her buttcheeks.

If you're both wasted and you're not handsy or too handsy, she'll appreciate that she could get you up.

If she is into it.
>>
>>17513036
this is very unhelpful tbqh
>>
>>17512733
She may actually be busy. You know with work, school, her friends, family, or whatever obligations she may have already in her life. You went on one date, and she text you this morning. I would say that is good. Also, the room mate told you she rarely uses her phone which is always good because that means she's not a fucking chatter-box.

Just chill and give it more than 24 hours otherwise you will appear clingy, and after one date clingy is a huge red flag for a man or woman.
>>
>>17513365
wrong thread?
>>
>>17512733
I hate dancing as well OP, I have to be pretty damn drunk before I'll do it and even then I never really enjoy it as such. Which sucks because any night out thats not just with my closer friends usually ends with everyone dancing.

Like others have said, maybe go someone with better music you can get more into or maybe try to steer the group away from dancing?

I've been dancing plenty of times and never once thought it didn't suck so it might just be something you're not really into. Good luck all the same
>>
>>17512733
Have you tried practicing at home by yourself to music that you could see yourself dancing to? Look up youtube vides on cool dancing tricks and practice. Girls love dancers, trust me. Dancing can be fun but not if you're not confident about it. You can do it anon, you just gotta learn how to move your body to the beat! Get comfortable with and bust out your moves, everyone will be jelly.
>>
>>17514411
>dancing
>2016

Not everyone wants to contort like a nigger on PCP mimicking backstreet boyz
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.