[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hello all came to talk figure this best place trued K no reponse

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 21331.jpg (545KB, 2500x1656px) Image search: [Google]
21331.jpg
545KB, 2500x1656px
hello all came to talk figure this best place trued K no reponse for the past five years I went to the gym and got all my references together managed to get o9s contract (think officer) (I always thought I be army and be lifer and i used it to keep me going). thing is now I am not so sure about it, I feel like I more made to be police officer. I don't mean to disrespect anyone, I just want honest opinion. I mean I want to serve but feel like the world I am walking away from (my family and possible serious relationship) I feel more for law enforcement but with out the military experience I cant be police officer I realize it just three years. I am sorry to sound pathetic I just need someone to hear me out
>>
>>17512247
It can take a long time to become a cop, they only do exams once every few years and the selection process is extremely competitive. What will you do while you're trying to get in?
>>
>>17512281
well I where i live looking at small departments down time is typically 6 months or less large departments are more involved, doing army to build up credentials as well as being an 01 looks better then being a E5.
>>
>>17512247
Dispatcher here. Where you looking to be a cop? We're putting guys through the academy 3 classes a year per year and can't get them hired and trained quick enough to replace the retirees and people quitting since Ferguson.

Military experience can help, but sometimes larger departments prefer guys without it. You'll have to learn a whole new way of doing things and suppress certain things the military trains you to do.

Whatever you do, if you started your military service, don't quit. Finish what you commit to, make sure you maintain good credit and don't get arrested for anything.
>>
>>17512332
Not op but where are you? I'm an EMT in ny and I've been looking, all the departments around here get 300+ applications per job opening.
>>
>>17512332
live in ct looking to join police here they like military experience where you about friend?
I'm not in it for the guts and glory aspect I just like the every interaction you can have with people and dealing whit different situations every and the camaraderie, PS i want to say thank I realize I might not have the experience to be a cop and need to do the military to look better
>>
>>17512356
live in ct bit different here small towns are better then the big cities granted new haven be a dream job
>>
>>17512332
thank for the advice by the way
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.