[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why shouldn't I just kill myself, /adv/? I'm uninteresting,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (148KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
148KB, 960x1280px
Why shouldn't I just kill myself, /adv/? I'm uninteresting, unattractive and unpopular. Not smart nor rich, not funny and not charming in the least. 23yo permavirgin who's too scared to even talk to girls let alone ask them out.

Even ignoring all of that, what is it people mean when they say "there's so much to live for!!1"? What would that be? Working until you're dead? Why live?
>>
File: image.jpg (25KB, 284x339px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25KB, 284x339px
"Life is worth living"

confirmed meme
>>
>>17512108
Anime and games? Also food.
>>
>>17512108
There is no objective reason to live neither to die, do what you want.
>>
>>17512108

Because life is full of challenges and thats the fun of living it. What's the point in living a life where everything is given to you for free/without effort? If that were the case then everyone including you and I would be interesting, popular, rich etc. But then everyone would also be the same, see the paradox? Life is worth living because its a chance for you to see what you can do with what you have, a chance to push yourself to the limit and give it your best effort. And you only get one chance.

Give me a little more info about you OP, what do you think is holding you back from being interesting/popular/attractive/rich/funny/charming?
>>
>>17512108
>>17512166
There's some things that are worth living for, like >>17512165 , also good music, computers, DOING THINGS.

>>17512168
This sounds a bit pretentious, but it has a bit of truth. Life is hard and you have to push to have something that you can say "I love this and I feel peaceful"
>>
>>17512108

because you are alive, and looking for reasons to keep being alive.

so go find them
>>
>>17512168
I'm depressed and conpletely unmotivated. I feel like I've already wasted the good years of my life being lonely and depressed and without any direction. I've been working on myself for years now but I don't even know what for. I don't remember the last time I actually enjoyed doing anything, so what's the point? Life from here on out is only going to get harder and harder. It's work work work until I die.

I tried every med available, but they only make me tired and even more unmotivated, even if they eliminate the sad empitness, I still don't get to do anything. Therapy is a joke to me as well, been to three different therapists who were all great, but therapy did nothing for me either way.

Life is so much work just for me to be miserable. I'd rather be dead.
>>
You already spent 12 billion years not existing before you were born. You're already here, so why not ride this thing out for a while before you go back to not existing for the long haul.
>>
>>17512191
What was the last thing you enjoyed doing?
>>
>>17512191
>I feel like I've already wasted the good years of my life
>23 mother fucking years old
I wish the technology existed for me to punch you through the internet. Youre still a baby.
>>
>>17512201
I just said I don't remember. Any hobby I tried to pick up I couldn't enjoy. I hate going to the gym. Talking to girls makes me feel horrible.
There's nobody in my life I really love or relate to, not even my family. That's a horrible thing to say, but I'm just emotionally numb and empty at this point.
>>
>>17512206
Life sorta ends for unhappy people around 30.
>>
>>17512191

Personal question, you don't have to answer. Have you been diagnosed by a professional with depression? Just curious since you mentioned meds.
>>
>>17512213
Do you like taking photos, drawing, music, watching tv shows?
>>
>>17512191
I dunno man you say you wasted your good years of your life but you still got like a good 10-15 years before your good years are probably done and that's plenty of time to find purpose in life.
I dunno with your situation I'd probably find a hobby that you used to enjoy and try to get back into it.
Like tell me dude, what did you use to enjoy before you got all bummed out?
Did you enjoy listening to music? Playing video games?
>>
>>17512220
Well, feels like it already ended at around 16 for me. Haven't been happy since.
>>
I was the same way but then I got a job and met this fat chick and now I bang her everyday.
>>
>>17512222
Well, yeah obviously. Although therapists usually dance around actually labeling you as depressed. One of them actually said to me it was up to me to say if I had depression or not... lol
>>
>>17512206
fuck off
>>
>>17512108
Everything you described is literally me, it sucks ass man.

I just work on myself, like finishing my degree and hopefully doing well financially. I try not to worry about having no friends, i dont need any to accomplish those goals .

People are shit anyway
>>
>>17512243
Great argument.
>>
>>17512268
He's right tho. Fuck off with that.
>>
>>17512268
You never gave any argument either...
>>
>>17512276
Well you didn't either in the first place
>>
>>17512241
ok just checking, I don't want to make any assumptions.

If the meds don't work then don't take them. If the therapists don't work then don't see them. But you did say
>therapists who were all great but therapy did nothing for me
which doesn't make a lot of sense to me, can you elaborate on that a bit?

The point is life is not something you give up on because its hard. Keep searching for a solution, find something that will work for you and use that to get yourself out of this depression (or at least manage it better than you are). Meds don't work for everyone, neither does therapy. Just keep looking.
>>
>>17512284
I don't know who you think i am nor why do you think anyone needed to give you an arguement first.
>>
>>17512287
I trusted them and they did a good job as far as I can tell, but four years of therapy did nothing for me.
>>
>>17512108
oh no, you're average. what a horrible fate.

if you want to know why you shouldn't kill yourself, you should be asking all the other average people why they don't kill themselves.

I don't do it because I couldn't do that to my parents. they're in their 70s. it would kill them. probably wouldn't have a very good effect on my husband either.
>>
>>17512206
this

>>17512220
source
>>
>The point is life is not something you give up on because its hard.

Why not, though? That's the question? What do I have to gain from being alive?
>>
>>17512419
Not killing yourself because it might make people sad is not a reason to live. The world ends with me.
>>
>>17512428
After 30 people settle and life becomes a repetition of what they have now so if you are sad even if you want to be happy the doors close.
>>
File: image.jpg (50KB, 600x630px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50KB, 600x630px
>>17512444
>>17512444
>>17512444
>>
>>17512108

why do you live to impress other people?
why not go live somewhere where you dont have to do any of that. you sound really stressed trying to impress people. if its too much just stop doing it.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.