[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>pops asks if i have a girlfriend >lie and say i broke

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (68KB, 800x789px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68KB, 800x789px
>pops asks if i have a girlfriend
>lie and say i broke up with one a while ago
>in reality never had a gf
>all my friends wonder why i dont have one
>i wonder why i dont
>ive been told im attractive by girls but they dont like me that way, im not socially retarded
>parents are proud in the blissful lie that their son isnt a permavirgin
>dont even have high standards the last 3 i asked were barely 5/10.
Tell me why I shouldnt ask one girl out every day during my lunch break at uni. Eventually one will say "fuck it" r-right?

I see all these people happy around me because someone loves them. I want to experience this happiness so I act like a pretty upbeat guy and just keep these emotions hidden but when you see a grown man in a minecraft shirt with a solid 8/10, suicide becomes an option.

I dont even want sex im just looking for a relationship.
>>
>>17511772
>Tell me why I shouldnt ask one girl out every day during my lunch break at uni. Eventually one will say "fuck it" r-right?
Because nothing makes a girl feel special like knowing she's just a shot in the dark and you've lost all hope
>>
>>17511775
>"hey do you mind if i sit here so you can be the girl I ask out today"
Im not an reatard and i go to a huge uni so they would only know i do this if i tell them
>>
I am asking out this girl i kinda know tomorrow. This appears to be in my favor and everyone i asked said it sounds like shes into me. If it goes well thats good but if ot doesnt i guess ill just retreat into my studies for a year and study stuff like body language and programming and etc
>>
Meet new people. Dont seem desperate. There can be a list here of things not going for you. Consider this

>hows your hygiene ?
>are you fat?
>how do you dress
>hows your hair cut / facial hair
>you need good shoes

When you talk to people dont be a know it all, dont try to one up people, dont steal the show either, just be pleasant to be around. Do NOT TRY to impress people. Just listen to them, ask them what they like, let them do the most talking. Try to relate to people. Hide your differences.

I am guessing youer 18 - 25. So it should be easy to impress some 16 - 20 year olds.

respond to my green text
>>
>>17511924

OK so when you DO meet a girl that catches your fancy you have to act a little fast. You dont want to be friend zoned. There is nothing wrong with socializing with a girl for just 2 days and then asking her out on a date the next time you talk to her. The Key is that if she says no, NO BIG DEAL, move on but keep her close around. Do Not move on to her friends, let her friends discover YOU.

Example here. I was chatting up a girl on FB one day out of the blue, ended up telling her I dont like her eye brows. Playfully. Then like 10 minutes later I was like hey do you wanna go on a date sometime. and she said Yes. She thought i was cute, so basically nothing I said mattered anyway. She was into me so I got the date.
example two. Last 1st date I had I just asked the girl point blank, Hey do you ever go to X and just socialize? Wanna do that this Saturday? She agreed to go hang out, we just sat and talked for 3 hours. Nothing special but it was a great way to start a foundation with her, I ended up seeing her 3 Saturdays in a row after that!

Be confident, youer the Pope of Chili Town and all these girls are gutter balls.
>>
>>17511924
>hows your hygiene ?
Really good. I dont smell like shit and have greasy hair if that is what you mean.
>are you fat?
Hell nah
>how do you dress
Casual but not like wife-beater casual more like uni-related t-shirt/v-neck and shorts
>hows your hair cut / facial hair
Finially found out how to not look like a faggot now that im finally out of the catholic school my parents put me in
>you need good shoes
I wear tennis shoes but im not black so Im not about to spend $300+ on a pair
>>
>>17511946
>>17511924
this guy pretty much covers it, just remember that you have nothing stopping you from getting girls, there are many people worse off - be it some psyche-related trait or a physical one holding them down - for example I have a speech disorder, if I don't fix it, I will never get a gf, so there's that ,just go for it man, you already got the best answers you could possibly get here already, just a tad bit more encouragment
>>
If you are looking for a relationship, look for someone who looks as lonely as you are. Ask if she's lonely, and if she says yes, ask her if she wants to be lonely together.
>>
>>17511961
OK so just because you wear Tennis Shoes does not mean youre dressed well.

just for example here are my shoes. I get comments on them all the time. I have to wear skinny jeans with them to look good and a button up that FITS ME.

People think they are dressed nice and really they are NOT.

Look up the youtube channel Alpha M. He has a lot of quick tips vids for talking to people, and dressing well.
>Do not wear New Balance
>Do not wear Sketchers
>Do not wear T shirts with good text / pics
>Do not shop at K-mart for clothes.
>Go to an outlet store and get 50$ cologne for 12$ something like Nautica

I cant stress dress and fashion enough here. Do not wear super hero T shirts.
>>
>>17511946
>you have to act a little fast. You dont want to be friend zoned.
Yep I fucked up with that yesterday I think. Ill try anyway because I'll prob never see her again after this semester so w/e

>The Key is that if she says no, NO BIG DEAL
I've come to terms with this a while ago

>>17511980
See thats very funny. You are a funny guy. We all know few girls are lonely because they can literally go and get almost any guy (this assuming they dont have a civilization of STDs or mental issues)
>>
Post a pic of yourself OP.

I will be as positive and constructive as I can be. No flaming just honest feed back.
>>
>>17511992
You are assuming im an reatard, sir. The fuck ups you are mentioning fall under social retardation which I dont have
>>
>>17511995

Learn from my mistakes OP.

I am a very smart and funny guy. The problem was I was always trying too hard to show how smart I am. I ended up coming off as a douche know it all and never used my comical skill.

I should have been making girls laugh instead of trying educate them. But also you cant try to hard to make them laugh you just have to jump on the moment that you can make something funny. Also people like a good story teller.
>>
>>17512005
I'll pass. I know people who go on this board and honestly I would have to move to another country if they found out because I'm supposed to be the person of our group giving good advice not asking for it
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrIgBbODc9A
>>
>>17512018
Nobody wants to be educated

Spouting off facts nobody cares about is a sure way to be marked autistic
>>
>>17512018
>The problem was I was always trying too hard to show how smart I am.
I did this but then I graduated 8th grade and became a sort of comedian. This is one of the reasons everyone around me is wondering why I dont have a gf. Honestly about to accept that I'm just the clown and nobody really cares about the clown.

Dont get me wrong I can also be serious when the situation needs it, its just that most of the time I default to comedy because people generally like that over someone who shits themselves over anything
>>
>>17512043
you should like my friend at work, guy is hilarious but no one can take him seriously because he never turns it off.

He doesn't even realize it.

Welcome all criticism.
>>
>>17512011
Could've fooled me.
>>
>>17511992
>do not wear t-shirts with good text/pics

what the fuck does this mean
>>
>>17512077
sorry I meant Goofy Text

like the stuff they sell at Wal Mart for 10$
>>
>>17511806

My friends wonder why I don't have a gf either. I'm with you here OP.

That being said, it sounds cliche as fuck but you do have people that love you- your family. Some things are cliche for a reason though. Your family are some of the only people that will love you unconditionally. You're better off talking to them about your insecurities, because if they're not shit human beings they'll support you and offer you some advice, because they were your age at some point and probably had the same insecurities you're have now.

>study stuff like body language

hate to burst your bubble there but humans aren't that simple. In reality its something you can't really study like maths. You can try but if you're going to approach interaction with people in a formulaic kind of way, its going to seem forced and people won't take the bait anyway. Like >>17511775 said people don't like being the 'shot in the dark' for today, and they don't like being given lines you workshopped on a malaysian fighting fish training board. Why? It shows you've made zero effort to pay attention to the person you're trying to get to know, because you're focusing all your attention on how you're going to impress this person. Being 'good' at body language is just something you pick up from hanging out with people and responding to what they do and don't like.

And like this >>17511924 anon said those things help but remember you're not trying to impress anyone. In the end you're going to want to find someone who likes you even when you're not trying. Stop trying too hard and chill out OP. Just enjoy yourself and these things will come as a bonus because you'll let yourself relax, and then you won't come off as highly strung or desperate to chicks.
>>
>>17512063
Well you need to figure out what social retardation is

The main reason that this hits so hard is that neither me nor my friends know why this is. Im studying body language now because maybe I am subconsciously moving in a way that throws women off
>>
stoopes
>>
>>17512121
>because they were your age at some point and probably had the same insecurities you're have now
Dad was barely around. Lived the 80s cliche of ladies man
Mom is foreign, enough said b/c people act differently in other countries
>>
>>17512171

>ladies man
at least he may know what he's talking about, its worth asking him for some advice. He might be able to tell you what you're doing wrong.

>Mom is foreign, enough said b/c people act differently in other countries
Doesn't mean you can't at least ask her what she liked about your dad. Plus foreign people aren't that different, they're still human who experience the same emotions. They just have different ways of expressing them.

Also bottom line is its never too late to start having an honest and open relationship with your parents. Tell them the truth, because if you can't be honest with your family then what does that say about any sort of relationship you try to build with someone else? Its not that big of a deal to say you're human and you lied because you have insecurities.
>>
>>17512202
>He might be able to tell you what you're doing wrong
He is, but he is not able to tell me how to do something right

>Plus foreign people aren't that different
Yes they are my mom has straight up told me that everything here is fucked in all kinds of ways and that everyone here acts like they are on drugs and retarded
>>
It's probably been said but a major key is to establish your intentions early. If left ambiguous you will either get "friendzoned" or wind up with the RDT after a little while and that's awkward as fuck
>>
File: qViaPHY.jpg (77KB, 562x393px) Image search: [Google]
qViaPHY.jpg
77KB, 562x393px
>>17512267
RDT???
>>
>>17512269
Relationship defining talk
>>
File: tim-heidecker-the-universe.png (303KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
tim-heidecker-the-universe.png
303KB, 960x540px
>>17512277
Bruh what the fuck does that mean
>>
>>17511772

do you want a gf?
>>
>>17512295
yes
>>
>>17512251

>but he is not able to tell me how to do something right
not many people can. Not everyone can give you a cheat sheet for being an attractive dude. But they can give you some kind of feedback on what you're doing wrong.

>mom has straight up told me that everything here is fucked
sounds like she's not that accommodating. And that wasn't the point anyway, she married your dad for a reason, so ask what she liked about him. Step 1 for being liked is being tolerant, so perhaps don't take her attitude towards the people you're hanging out with if you're trying to get into a relationship
>>
>>17512289
The "what are we?" talk. You know where you're either going to have gf or find out she wants to be friends
>>
>>17512326
>not many people can. Not everyone can give you a cheat sheet for being an attractive dude. But they can give you some kind of feedback on what you're doing wrong.
No I mean my dad is an asshole. Even my mom hates my dad.

>sounds like she's not that accommodating
Definitely wrong. The differences even go down to walking into someone's house. For example, at home we all take off our shoes at the door. I did this at a friend's house in 1st grade and got wierd looks

>so ask what she liked about him
Already did, she doesn't even know
>>
>>17512351
o

>>17512326
Also forgot to mention in my last post but I'm trying to not be like my dad
>>
>>17511772

Listen, kid, I hate to say it but you need a lot of work. You care too much about what other people think.

Quotes:

>pops asks
>all my friends wonder
>ive been told [...] by girls
>parents are proud

>Tell me why [...]

First thing you need to do is shut the FUCK up, and sit down. The world is not about what other people think. What other people think isn't important, because most people are sniveling weak cowards who care more about what you think than what they themselves do. Don't be one of those fucking morons.

You need to start pushing against the edge of your comfort zone. It sounds like you have a pretty tiny one. It's OK to push people around, in a sense, to get what you want. You need to start asking more of the people around you. You need to be impolite. You need to expect more from others than they expect from you. You need to be willing to impose yourself and what you want, even if it makes people uncomfortable. You need to do this so you can figure out who you are, what your boundaries are, what you want out of life and what you are willing to take.

You need to start seeing yourself as the final judge of what's good and what's not. Trust your instincts and know that someone disagreeing with you probably means that they are wrong, and possibly dumb. Stop acting afraid of the world because really, at the end of the day, very few people actually understand it. You can make up your own rules and let other people's reactions be their own damn problem. Because, at the end of the day, it's not your fucking problem.
>>
>>17511772
thats the spirit, anon. its a numbers game. cast many lines, odds of catching a fish or two increase
>>
>>17512352
ok well at least I have a better picture of your situation now.

Ok so your dad is an asshole, don't go to him for advice.

>at home we all take off our shoes at the door. I did this at a friend's house in 1st grade and got wierd looks
It sounds like your mum is just frustrated with people who don't understand or can't tolerate different cultures. There will always be people like that, you just need to focus on the people that are understanding, rather than the negative. Maybe it would be worth asking your mum for advice then. Instead of asking about your dad ask for what she looks for in a guy or something.

The point is you should start looking for help in the people that know you the most (if you're honest with them), because they'll be the best equipped to give you good advice.
>>
I understand this issue anon.

Literally go up to a girl in your class, introduce yourself, and start talking from there.

End the convo by asking for her number. As long as you made a good impression, this won't be hard.

Andddddd you're in! Just repeat step two, plus ask her to hang out again. You can literally just be heading to the school cafeteria place together or studying together.

Repeat step three until shit happens. When you feel it's the right time to kiss her (and I mean FEEL), that's when you should go for it.

Good luck anon
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.