[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I keep fucking up at work. I'm terrible at customer service

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1468398021783.jpg (69KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
1468398021783.jpg
69KB, 900x675px
I keep fucking up at work. I'm terrible at customer service and I keep forgetting shit. It's been almost a year as well, and it's been nothing but stress. I needed money and I thought that maybe it would help with my terrible social skills, but nothing's changed. I'm anxious all day and every week I can't stop thinking about work. Even on friday, when I'm done with work, I'm always thinking about monday when I have to start again.

I need money, but I want to quit. I'm only there part time but it's so stressful even though this would be easy work for everyone else.
>>
>>17511458
Ask to work exclusively on the grill.

If you have a cool manager, they should be able to work you in

Or if you already know grill, express your motivation to move up to a Crew Chief position, and then assign yourself to work the grill.
>>
>>17511458
What would be you dream job?
>>
>>17511458

Tell us what it is exactly about customer service that bothers you? Maybe we can help. I worked fast food for 4 years.
>>
Firstly anon, stop being so hard on yourself.

You probably don't mess up as much or more than anybody else so don't beat yourself up about it - everybody makes mistakes.

Secondly, it sounds like there are two issues...one is your anxiety about messing up and the other is your customer service skills, which you say could use work. They both seem linked as the better you are at the job the less anxious you'll be, so why not read up on customer service, even just watch some youtube videos - even ask to go on some training with your manager. It'll help you be better at the job and improve your confidence.

First things first though, stop being so hard on yourself!
>>
ANON, YOU FUCKING RETARD
IF THEY DON'T FUCKING MUSTARD, ORDER IT BACK THAT WAY

HOW THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW THEY DON'T WANT MUSTARD?

DO I READ YOUR FUCKING MIND? NO I SEE CHEESEBURGER, AND YOU GET A FUCKING CHEESEBURGER, WE USE MUSTARD UNLESS YOU TELL US NOT TO.
>>
I felt the same way. I hate customer service, I never want to deal with another bitchy customer again. I'd suggest looking for jobs in stock. Best job I ever had was working stock for a clothing chain in the mall. Worked regular hours (not like, 2am bullshit), I was alone in the back room my whole shift just unpacking boxes of shipment and putting security tags on the merchandise. Only occasionally put me on the floor, so I did get some socialization with customers/coworkers but 90% of my job was solitude and I loved it.

Also, if you don't want to work for pennys and wage slave jobs forever, you'll need to go to school or get a trade skill or something man. Take the next step as soon as you can, and I'll bet you'll be happier where you end up, even if only because you have to worry a little less about making rent every month.
>>
>>17511474
I'm just bad at talking to people in general. I have a nervous smile and my mouth starts twitching after a while. I go blank when I'm talking to people and sometimes I forget the process or order I'm supposed to do something in. I try to take it slow, but I feel like I should go faster. I keep on forgetting things and asking for help. I think I have bad memory in general.

>>17511494
I only work part time (20 hours a week) and I go to school full time. I'm poor as shit. I would love to be cleaning or doing something where I don't have to deal with people.
>>
>>17511519
What's the first word in Fast Food?
>>
>>17511519
Gotcha, you're on the right track then. Things will look up when you're done with school.

Again, I'd take a good look around where you live and search for warehouse or stock jobs. Nursing homes tend to be decent jobs sometimes, it can get physically gross (namely if you're in laundry), but otherwise it's not a bad gig. I've got a friend who makes above minimum with nothing but a high school diploma. She's basically cleaning. You'll have to talk to the residents from time to time, but old people are really easy to talk to. Even when they're being bitchy it's actually kind of funny because they're so old lol.
Another idea could be reception if you're ok with phones (I have bad phone anxiety so I couldnt do it, but I digress). People can get really shitty over the phone, but usually if your job is mostly just to make appointments anyway there's rarely an issue to make people that mad.

But whatever you do do not quit your current job until you are for sure hired at another.
>>
>>17511567
I've actually volunteered once a long time ago at a nursing home. I'm comfortable talking with old people since it's mostly listening. I just don't want to be in a situation where I have to do something fast on the spot.

I also have bad phone anxiety. I'd actually rather talk to someone in person than on the phone.

I'll try and look for a stocking job or the nursing home thing then.
>>
>>17511608
Hah, just brought up the phone thing just in case. I understand completely though, phones give me the heebies. Something about that blend of personal and impersonal. Like I'm fine face to face because that's super personal, and I'm fine through text/writing because thats super impersonal. But if I can hear your voice but not see your face? I sperg out.

Anyway, nursing home may be a good fit for you. The one my friend works at at least usually just cares that you got your work done. They don't care how long it takes you, or what order you do it in, so long as by the end of the day everything on your check list is done.
Now idk if this is the case at all nursing homes, but I get the feeling they're generally pretty lax. You don't want a high stress environment with all those old people around lol Best of luck to ya m8
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.