[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What keeps you going /adv/? What thought comes to mind that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: FB_IMG_1472372169098.jpg (29KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1472372169098.jpg
29KB, 450x450px
What keeps you going /adv/?

What thought comes to mind that makes you feel like you're actually doing progress, and that you can accomplish your desire and dream?

I really need the motivation, I feel like breaking down and crying while I'm feeling scared.

I'm 20, unemployed, and have no certainty of what I want in life. I secretly fear of becoming my older brother.

>He's 26
>No job, last one he had was over a year ago
>only education he has is an associates degree in liberal arts. It took him about 7-8 years to get that due to his alcoholism.
>no drive to move forward.
>overweight
>Tries to talk and interact with my two friends who are both still in high school when I chat with them online.

I'm not good at school as my other friends, but I don't want to stay at a dead end job. I want to move out of here and move to Japan and just concentrate on my photography there while working some job related to computing.

I'm studying an online course for Web Development and just started a month ago. I get most of it, but a lot of concepts are confusing and I'm afraid I'm gonna fuck up and that I'm just deluding myself into thinking that I can actually get better.

And half the time I want to kill myself out of fear that my dreams won't come true and I was just a delusional man-child who accomplished nothing.

Life scares me /adv/, and I secretly envy people I went to high school with who already have their own apartments, that got it figured out, and are independently stable. While I'm here studying 2 hours a day or more, eating frozen pizza from jewels in my parents apartment.

Sometimes I just fear 5 years will go by, and I'll look back and realize I haven't accomplished shit, and my dream has gone to crap.

I don't have a lot of friends. Probably you guys, whom i interact with in the daily, are the closest thing to friends I have.

I'm sorry I just had to let that out.

I just want some comfort.
>>
>>17510691
nothing
i have no gf
no friends
no hobbies
no job
no confidence or self esteem
im autistic
>>
>>17510691
to not become your fucking brother man that's your motivation right there, pretty easy just don't do what he does and you've met your goals, don't keep climbing up some arbitrary and fictitious ladder of success. Or do whatever I'm not your boss.

Mines to just wait till my parents are gone so I can end myself without guilt
>>
>>17510691

throughout much of human history motivation has been intrinsic. you did something because it needed to be done, either for survival, or for your spiritual health.

the problem these days is a combiantion of the following:
>too many options
>and too comfortable lives

the too many options thing is a thing because you used to more or less be born into a destiny. you could always forsake this and do what you want, but people used to do what their parents planned for them. often times this was simply inheriting the family business. other times it was going off to do what they had in mind for you like going to be a doctor, or lawyer or what have you.

regardless, man had a destiny that he was more or less forced to do, but had the option of doing something else if he foudn something he wanted. but if he didn't, his 'destiny' was a well enough plan.

>too comfortable

we live in a time where the natural comforts of NOT being productive are too high. it doesn't push us to do things. we can settle for a low paying job and do that forever then just go home and eat and watch TV and think about how tomorrow were going to do something to make life more exciting.

the question here you ask is
>what thoughts come to mind that makes you feel you're actually doing progress, and that you can accomplish your desire and dream?

but it begs the question OP, what is YOUR desire and dream?

is 'web development' your dream? why?
>>
>>17510716

oh wow you are so noble forcing yourself to live in this hell so that your parents dont have to be bummed out that their epic loser of a son offed himself.

thank god you're there for them!!
>>
My motivation seems to be money and contributing. I grew up working class, so my default mode is quite poor. The idea that I can live in a nice house, have a garden, afford to replace my nice office chair with just a day pay is amazing to me. I also know what it means to people around me, who could barely afford a new shower, or a new laptop etc. On it's own that's maybe shallow, but doing it while I contribute to projects is fulfilling.

You can break into web dev, but to get good takes a lot of searching. It's easier in the long run to learn something like Javascript deeply than it is to take a quick confusing course that's half wrong. It takes a while. It doesn't take 5 years though, if you do fail (even though it's not really possible if you try) you'll do so before a year and have all the time you need to try something else.
>>
Crap guys sorry I thought nobody would reply, I was just expecting for the moderators to 404 this.

>>17510716
I feel you man, I wish I was as strong as you to go through with it. But I have a 10 year old sister who looks up at me, and a 16 year old little brother. I hope you find some form of peace in your life anon.

>>17510723
MY desire? Is to be away and grow as a person while doing something I myself, admire and consider respectable. While having something to look forward to on the weekends, hence the whole "I want to continue my photography in Japan" thing. Nothing excites me more than to capture the beautiful foreign scene of a country that's admired by many. I guess also a question is, can I do it?

>>17510759
I honestly feel excited when I think of having enough money to buy a decent gaming PC that can run all my favorite games in high settings. And STILL HAVE money for rent, food, and spare money to buy furniture and go fuck around a bit.

I suppose you're right in being balls deep into one language, rather than half ass 5. But I like to think that being diverse is good, and makes me more available. Obviously I wouldn't get balls deep in all 5, I'd learn the basics, and concentrate on a couple i suppose.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>17510729
Kek exactly
>>
>>17510893
Thanks anon, be there for your siblings, best way to connect to the past and best way to deal with the future. You will be okay homie.
>>
>>17510913
Thank you so much man, it means a lot. I don't get that too often.
>>
>>17510729
So would it be better if he kills himself now? Assuming those are the only two possibilities, as in the person can't stop being an epic loser.
>>
>>17510691
cheesecake
>>
The only way to make progress in life is to keep pushing the ball a little bit forward everyday.

This means doing the small things everyday that help improve your chances of success.

Success is built brick by brick, very few people wake up and automatically have it all. You should start by first focusing on your education so you have a strong foundation, this doesn't have to be academic - you can persue vocational or on the job experience.

Set small goals and milestones and work hard at them everyday. Your desire to suceed should be stronger than your fear of failure, if it is then you cannot fail.
>>
>>17510691
>I have no certainty of what I want to do in life

That is my problem too OP. Except in my case, I only have a few months to figure it out.
I'm spending all day googling career research. And you know whats scary? Despite my efforts there is nothing that I found that I want to do as a career for the rest of my life. Nothing really speaks to me. And anything I do want to do I don't have enough time to get good at while i'm at this house. It sucks.

And its really kind of sad. I think i'm going to end up majoring in something I don't really want to major in just so I can have a job to keep me alive.

I'm also scared of becoming suicidal after being forced to do a job everyday that I don't want to do. I don't think I have the stomach for it. I would be dead on the inside.
>>
I just don't see a reason to not keep going. Also focus on doing things instead of thinking about them.

I have my own ideals and virtues and I want to follow them. They are not about money, comfort or ego feeding stuff. I just want to be a person I would admire and respect myself had I ever met such. Someone who never breaks, never fails others and himself. That's also what I expect from others which will probably make me foreveralone till the end days. Still worth it so far, keeps it all real.
>>
I get to watch the dreams of my enemies slowly get crushed by their physical limits while I learned to fully exploit everything around me to secure my future, forcing them to look up to see me at the top of the hill while they are playing in the sewers

I lost everything and still rebuilt myself to a higher position than those who wanted me to fail because of the poor nobody family I came from
>>
>>17510691
Hopes of being augmented in the future like Adam Jensen and Augging out for Harambe
>>
>>17510691
Just want to make my grandparents and family proud.
t. 3rd gen immigrant
>>
File: 1470282216259.jpg (43KB, 599x444px) Image search: [Google]
1470282216259.jpg
43KB, 599x444px
I'm doing nothing with my life right now at the same age as you. Confuse on what to do from here. I have a lot of the same desires as you but the comment about comfort rings true. I'm comfortable here even if miserable. I fear what I need to do is become homeless, not sure what to do as far as triggering that need to build my life. Would love to have good pay, live in a beautiful new place and have money to pursue hobbies with. But where the fuck do I even start, what do I do to get to it? What do I want to do..?
>>
>>17510691
Being too weak to kill myself

None i will just live until i'm strong enough to die
>>
>>17510691
>What keeps you going
I don't know man. Life is pretty good at the moment. I like to interact with the people around me. I like good music. I like to try on new clothes and different fashions. I like music. I like ass and titties. I like the sunsets and sunrises and all the ways the sky looks inbetween. Shit's lit senpai.
>>
>>17510691
>What keeps you going /adv/?
>What thought comes to mind that makes you feel like you're actually doing progress, and that you can accomplish your desire and dream?
>I really need the motivation, I feel like breaking down and crying while I'm feeling scared.

your dream should be the only motivation you need,unless you really are a delusional man-child.
>>
>>17510691
>What keeps you going /adv/?

I want to buy a house. Before this year, I thought it would be impossible. But since I now have a decent job at a start-up, I think I'll have a chance.
>>
>>17510701
What......what do you do? I don't understand.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.