[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do you improve self esteem and confidence and get rid

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: 1465490578908.gif (316KB, 250x280px) Image search: [Google]
1465490578908.gif
316KB, 250x280px
how do you improve self esteem and confidence and get rid of social anxiety?
>>
>>17510607
>how do you improve self esteem and confidence and get rid of social anxiety?
Not that I have any self confidence, but I imagine working on yourself to the point that you can have confidence in yourself, like learning a skill or body building would be a step in the right direction.
>>
>>17510761
what if you are reasonably /fit/?
>>
Go outside, do small things. People who stay inside get scared of the real world, and people who stay on the internet grow angry.
>>
>>17510778
i have nothing to do outside
my only hobby is internet and vidya
>>
File: 232.jpg (147KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
232.jpg
147KB, 1500x1500px
>>17510770
this, besides I obsess over relatively small defects of my body (which kinda can't be fixed), so it doesn't always have to do with how you really are.
>>17510778
this is brobably a good idea
>>17510784
then kill urself my man
>>
>>17510797
i will probably kill myself soon
i have nothing to live for
>>
>>17510784
Is this a joke? Go for a walk and think of things to do.
>>
>>17510811
not a joke
i want to kill myself even more when outside
>>
Going to the gym as the other guy said and then the other thing I would say is just practice. Go out on weekends, if you have an extroverted friend then tag along whenever you can. Try something like Meetup as well. If there's a hobby you enjoy, see if there are people in your area that share that interest. It becomes a lot easier and natural to hold a conversation if it is something you are passionate about.

If the self esteem issue is a depression thing, get medication. If it's not, try to catch yourself when you are thinking negatively and then provide yourself with a positive alternative. It takes awhile but eventually you can reprogram your negative thinking.
>>
>how do you improve self esteem and confidence and get rid of social anxiety

Social anxiety stems from the feeling of inadequacy in a social setting.

To give you an analogy, it's like going out in the rain with only a t-shirt on.

So what do you do? You get a ''coat' and an 'umbrella'. Similarly in a social setting you need to arm yourself with the things you need to feel comfortable like 'small talk', 'laughter', 'personality' and 'stories'.

If you have SA because of your appearance then the solution is to work on your body image.

No one says its going to be easy but neither was riding a bike when you were young, you just had to keep at it until it became easy.

The same applies.
>>
Go to therapy if possible
>>
>>17510607
mass shooting
>>
So I've been trying to work on my shit myself. For the background, I'm a 21 year old grill.

I'm going into this self help thing kinda blind, so far I've created a checklist for myself of some things I feel I should be doing every day to boost me up that I typically skipped on in the past. Can I get some input or suggestions?
Right now my checklist is
>Work out at least 30 mins
>Eat reasonably (I binge eat a lot and gain weight because of it)
>Dress cute, do hair/makeup
>Talk to a stranger, even if just casually or small talk

I'm trying to make small easy goals to start with, so I don't get too discouraged. I have a little notebook by my bed I keep track of it in. It probably sounds hella pathetic and weird to keep this notebook, but being able to physically see my accomplishments for the week kinda helps.

Anything else you think I should add, for an ugly chubby chick with social anxiety?
>>
OP....I Know. I know I know I know.
I'm struggling with the same (yet different ) feelings right now.
I've lived for everyone else for 20-odd years, and once they've all gone
I feel so alone and sad and don't even know why I'm here. I'm so stupidly alone

And now, as I was writing this shit tier post, I find out Gene Wilder died......there goes my childhood too.....FUCK THIS GAY EARTH AND MY LIFE
>>
>>17511480
>Anything else you think I should add, for an ugly chubby chick with social anxiety?

Yes, start using positive reinforcement. You are a lovely young woman who is ready to let the world know who you are. You are exercising to be as healthy as you can be not because you have to but because you want to.

You know you deserve happiness and that makes you more determined everyday to persue it.
>>
>>17511524
This... may be more advanced than I'm ready for, as stupid and crazy as that sounds.
Like, I do have this bad habit I've been trying to kick for years. It's dredging up old events in my life when I was embarrassed, even in the slightest (One that reoccurs often is a time I accidently turned the wrong way on a one way road. It's seriously that small and insignifacnt) and to dismiss those thoughts I mutter to myself "I hate myself". It's become a toxic mantra, and I know that, but after doing it for 8 years it's difficult to kick. I try to stop myself or correct myself when I do it, but it always seems so fake and like a lie when I do.
I also feel really uncomfortable with praise. Whenever someone says I did a good job or something I just feel really shitty for some reason.

So I feel like before I can make that step I need to start even smaller. So I can believe my own bullshit you know? Like working out and eating right, for the moment at least, isn't about health at all it's so I can believe myself when I look in the mirror and say "Yeah, that's a good looking woman, I'm desirable" (And this has been working. I used to never think anything nice of my appearance, but now there are some days when I think I do look cute, and I genuinely believe it too. It doesn't feel like a lie)
After I can get there then it really will be about health, but baby steps.
>>
i wish i knew, my life is pure shit. i have anxiety so bad that i hate leaving the house, im awkward at work and everyone looks at me funny. i just try to blend and sometimes it works for a short time but then the anxiety always rears its ugly head and fucks everything up. i wish i was dead so i didnt have to deal with this shit anymore
>>
File: 1455798287096.jpg (53KB, 645x621px) Image search: [Google]
1455798287096.jpg
53KB, 645x621px
>>17511524
>You are a lovely young woman who is ready to let the world know who you are
lmao
>>
>>17511416
>'small talk', 'laughter', 'personality' and 'stories'.
I went down to the store but I was only able to find the umbrellas.
>>
Act little child, because real word is just about masks, pretend you're tad thundercock, they guy that is nice to everyone, the guy that fucks every virgin, the guy that has friends everywhere, that or understanding that real world and pretty much anyone else is garbage and you have to pretend you like them in order to gain benefits, so you can actually have a kind of less stressing life
>>
File: postbusrotten.jpg (20KB, 466x359px) Image search: [Google]
postbusrotten.jpg
20KB, 466x359px
>>17510607
Cocaine
>>
>>17510607
wow thats a loaded question,
you should ask specifically what you dont like about your self
if you like your looks and/or personality then youll have confidence
for social anxiety just understand nice people exist and if theyre rude then theyre a waste of time to get to know
>>
>>17510778
This. Literally go out and walk around. Explore your city, observe your surroundings. Go to a cafe and read.
>>
>>17511416
Social anxiety can lead to the feeling of inadequacy in a social setting.
Not stem from
>>
>>17511785
The real world sucks
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.