[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So... last year, after finishing college, my parents bought me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1470237398630.png (1MB, 1753x1241px) Image search: [Google]
1470237398630.png
1MB, 1753x1241px
So... last year, after finishing college, my parents bought me a car and I've felt like shit ever since.

I couldn't find out why would someone (me) be upset that his parents bought him a car until I realized that for almost ten years I was pretty straight (as in, whenever they asked if I wanted something I directly told them) about wanting a high-end PC so what really bothers me is not that they bought me a car instead of a PC but the fact that everytime I see the car I'm reminded that through all my life my parents never gave me attention and it didn't hit me until that momment.

I guess I just wanted to let that out, but any kind of advice or whatever is welcomed.
>>
>>17509838
I understand where your feelings are coming from, but it's immature and petty and you need to move past it and grow up.

I wanted a high-end PC when I was in highschool, so I worked hard and bought one. I wanted a car in college so I worked hard and bought one.

The only time I've ever felt bad when my parents gave me a gift was last year, I was moving and money was tight so they gave me $150. I still feel bad because I know it means my dad probably skipped dinner for a week to do it.

Your parents clearly care about you. The gift isn't for you, it's for them. Don't make them feel shitty because you're ungrateful. It's not that they didn't give you attention, it's that they didn't give you exactly what you wanted all the time.

A car will serve you better than a gaming PC. You're an adult now. They were thinking of your best interests, not your feelings.

So just forget about it. Call them and tell them how happy you are that they bought you such a wonderful thing, and if you still want a PC, buy one yourself.
>>
my parents paid for my sisters education
they gave her her first car, second car, first RV, second RV, gave her her first downpayment on a house. They have paid movers everytime she moved to a new house

you know what i got? jackshit. They refused to help me out in university, i had to buy a clunker with my own cash. And they asked me for money to give my sister for her birthday when she turned 30.

i broke my back moving all my stuff into my first apartment. No help, no nothing. I was a "man" i didnt need no help.

fuck your shit op, your feeling bad about having good parents? wanna switch?

boy oh boy are they in for a surprise when its time to put them in a home.
>>
>>17509859
I've never let them know about my dissapointment, I'm not stupid. I pretended it was the best shit ever and I also understand that they wanted to give me a car.

Also no, the car is most of the time a liability, though I have to admit it has served me more than enough times to justify it. On the other hand I'm now wageslavering to buy a PC so I can try to do some stupid shit on the internet while if I had the PC I could skip the wageslave part.
>>
>>17509863
Yeah, I know first world problems. To be honest this makes me feel even worst and why I haven't told anyone about it, because this is the exact kind of answer I would give myself.

I remind myself of that old pic about the kid who wanted a XBOX and their parents bought him a PS or something like that.
>>
>>17509879
We can never skip the wageslave part. The wageslave part is life. It's like trying to skip the breathing part.
>>
>>17509838
You are living proof that just because a species can make it to a point in evolution, doesn't mean it's improving.
>>
>>17509891
>>17509879
Well at least you realize it's not a healthy thing to feel. Just try not to think about it. Life's too short.
>>
>>17509895
I'd rather try and fail than not trying, but that option was denied before I even knew I had it.

Also, why the fuck would you ask someone what do they want and then give them something completely different? Like... seriously why?
>>
>>17509899
Because I reflect upon my life?

Because I realize that while there are people in Africa starving to dead and chinese kids working 12 hours-shift I'm wasting company's time and internet complaining about my mommy and daddy and the only place I can get it out of myself is an anonymous imageboard?
>>
>>17509914
Yes, the second one.
>>
You can utilize a car in every day life, use it to get around, possibly search for employment further afield than you normally could. They probably didn't want to buy you something that would almost certainly make your quality of life worse.

If you really, really wanted a high end PC and have done for the past ten years, you could have saved up your own money and purchased one.

I'm almost positive that if they had bought you the PC, you would have had some complaint about the processor or something else.

In the nicest possible way, you need to grow up and be grateful that you have supportive parents who were willing to purchase you anything as expensive as a car. If you want the PC, use your degree, get a good job and pay for it, as you'll appreciate it a lot more.
>>
>>17509935
Well, if I really had any complain about the PC changing said component would be cheap and easy.

Yeah, I'm trying to get over it, that is why I made this thread, I wanted other people's opinions on it and, as I have said several times, this is not something I can openly talk about with anyone.
>>
> whaaa mommy and daddy got me a car instead of a computer.

Seriously fuck off
>>
>>17509959
indeed

even with everything said in here.

btw im the guy with the sister who got everything and i got shit all>>17509863

op fails to eralize that his parents wouldve gone to bestbuy and bought the most expensive most shit computer there cause the customer service guy would have said " yes this is top of the line, no better" and sold them half a decade old parts computer

that being said op is still stupid as all hell. I wouldve loved a car, or anything.

>oh anon! Our little Mandy deserves it! she worked so hard in her religious studies! she deserves it the little princess!
>whats that? YOU want help with your loan after you went to Veterinary school in a desire to help animals? i think you can handle it on your own! no help!

i can still remember that conversation.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.