[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

today I lied to a customer, a coworker, the manager on duty,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: WoS.jpg (136KB, 500x486px) Image search: [Google]
WoS.jpg
136KB, 500x486px
today I lied to a customer, a coworker, the manager on duty, and a police officer all about some counterfeit money that went through the till and I wanted to get rid of so when someone used a hundred dollar bill to pay for their clothes I gave them all the fakes as change.
I am confessing to my manager tomorrow and accept any consequence that comes to me. Tell me how to not want to kill myself because my conscience is fucking destroying me right now.
>>
File: Studyinpain.jpg (130KB, 980x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Studyinpain.jpg
130KB, 980x1000px
Be smart, just quit your job and say nothing.
>>
>>17509393
well that would only prove my guilt to people without me confessing at all and then I lose everything.
Trust me, my initial plan was 'welp I should quit because im so fucking embarassed and ashamed of myself'.
Instead I find confessing and maybe seeing if they just write me up as a consequence to be a better result, also if there's any way I can find the customer and pay them back myself I plan on doing that as well
>>
Just keep your mouth shut, dimwit.

You're risking serious pmita prison time if you confess.
>>
>>17509401
Keep in mind the counterfeit money wasn't mine. some tweaker bitch came in and used it sparingly to buy some stuff. I wasn't aware it was counterfeit until after the fact.
>>
>>17509403
Well if you didn't know, what's the problem?
>>
>>17509410
idk I just feel bad. I was scared and didn't want to tell the truth to my manager... I was afraid of potential consequences... oddly enough I did use our money sharpie on all the bills and it did nothing to any of them. But the girl who got them as change came back with them marked about 5 minutes before we closed.
>>
Its less than 100 bucks, anon, she can make that amount of money in a day. It's nothing to worry about unless you want to fuck up your life and job.
>>
>>17509420
Don't say shit. Ignorance is bliss in the world of business.

They'll look at video, see you didn't personally put the money in and change their measures for checking counterfeits, IF THAT.

The moment you open your mouth to your boss, you admit liability and an acting manager's job is to remove liabilities (read: you're fired).

Just take a shot of cheap whiskey and play bingo with your mom.
>>
>>17509428
There is no video.
>>
>>17509429
BUT I did personally put the money into the till when the tweaker bitch handed it to me as she was using it for money. She got busted at the bar down the street for using it there.
>>
File: pile-of-money-640x330.jpg (114KB, 640x330px) Image search: [Google]
pile-of-money-640x330.jpg
114KB, 640x330px
>>17509420
Well, just ride it out. You could always say you were sorta suspicious of the bills but you spaced when the $100 came along.
>>
>>17509429
Then keep your mouth shut and don't do stupid shit again. You didn't do anything too bad, you just panicked a little and maybe knackered someone's evening with some pretty convincing counterfeit money. The world turns away and you'll be fine as you are
>>
>>17509420
You have an overactive conscience. Don't let it ruin your life.
>>
>>17509432
You may have _put the money in the till_ but it did not come from your hands, it came from a customer.

The moment you open your mouth, you may be out of a job. No video, that's a bonus for you.

Just keep quiet and let them do their "oh so to protect against counterfeit bills, lets use this marker in addition that one" routine.
>>
>>17509433
well if i was gonna ride on ignorance I really could I think. That's where my conscience comes into play. I gave her 80 bucks change and 60 of it was the counterfeit, but I never received the 60 counterfeit dollars all together. It was over multiple purchases as the tweaker bitch left and came back and as I said I wasn't aware it was counterfeit until after the fact thats why I was okay with her buying stuff the second time around. So technically speaking there is probably no way for them to prove that the counterfeit money even came from us, especially when you consider the fact that the girl who received it as change waited about 3 hours before she came back and bitched at us.
>>
>>17509441
3 hrs is enough time for her to go home and print that shit herself.

Just play dumb. The con could be the bitch who is complaining. The tweaker at least knows she can suck a cock or two for cash.
>>
>>17509445
yeah my manager and coworker were both accusing her of trying to scam us the second she called and was bitching about the money.
I just wish my conscience wasn't being such a fucking cunt.
>>
>>17509452
Don't stress it, anon.

Either _or_ both of those could be part of a con game. The amount is trivial and the local police will not investigate it. That is a crime the secret service investigates, but it's so trivial an amount they will not waste their time.

So, don't stress.
>>
>>17509464
it just doesn't feel trivial because I work at a raggedy ass thrift store and profits are already so bad that we are closing in september (not losing my job that way, most of us are getting trasferred)
like I've said this whole thread, i just feel like a fucking asshole for this situation.
>>
>>17509509
Dude, you are still feeling guilty and I have told you, there really is NO way to know if either or BOTH of those people were part of a con on you.

Here's how it works:

Person A cashes out her counterfeits with you.
Person B uses counterfeits after getting change from you, and blames you for the fake cash.

This is a well-known tactic in counterfeiting, because it pushes liability for the bills. If person A is a tweaker who "seems" like the type to counterfeit, and B seems like the "respectable" type to not counterfeit, then liability gets shifted.

You have NO WAY of knowing.

Source: lawyer
>>
>>17509527
Damn that's some good reasoning. Thanks anon I really needed another perspective on it.
Gives me some ammo if I'm forced to talk with my manager these next two days lol
considering I have tomorrow and the next day off I'm sure by the time I get back on wednesday this will all be forgotten about anyways. At the end of the day the till added up with no fake bills so outside of the lady complaining about the fake money i gave her everything is okay otherwise.
>>
>>17509509
The reality: No one will probably ever find out about this because of reasons in this thread.

The ugly truth: This will eat you up inside for a while, and you'll still have this looking over your shoulder every day for a long time.

The truth will set you free, problems don't age well.
>>
>>17509553
No problem. Just don't stress it, it's not worth it. You didn't dupe anyone intentionally, and you have no way of knowing the legitimacy of any claims.

It's good to have ammo, but I strongly suggest you save it for an appeals procedure in the event you get fired. There really is nothing for you to say to anyone (especially your bosses), unless the secret service asks you a question.
>>
Did you know the notes were forged OP? Either way, you have a couple of aces up your sleeve.

>oddly enough I did use our money sharpie on all the bills and it did nothing to any of them.
In this case you've discharged your duty of care to a reasonable standard. I'm going to assume that you're not a forensic document examiner, and that your employer hasn't paid for you to go on an accredited cash inspection course, and that you've never claimed to have any qualifications in that area. With that in mind, it would be unreasonable for you to have to take responsibility for what's happened. The forgeries must have been rairly good, otherwise you would have noticed something was wrong, and the girl who took them as change wouldn't have accepted them. Your boss paid you to use their forgery detection system - the pen - which you did. It's not your fault that the system didn't work properly. Also bear in mind that the lower pay someone is on, the less responsibility they can be expected to take. That's when when a doctor messes up they get sued for millions, but when a shop worker drops an expensive bottle of wine the worst that happens is the boss tell them to clean it up.

>But the girl who got them as change came back with them marked about 5 minutes before we closed.
I'd say you're golden with this, particularly as you mentioned not having CCTV. As she left the shop and came back it'd be nigh on impossible to prove that the notes she came back with are the same ones you gave her. She could have been given them in change somewhere else, or even bought them intentionally, and tried to dump them on you. Even if forensics can prove you handled them, they can't prove if that was before she brought them back or after.

But the girl who got them as change came back with them marked about 5 minutes before we closed.
>>
>>17509381
>I am confessing to my manager tomorrow and accept any consequence that comes to me.
Good for you.

>Tell me how to not want to kill myself because my conscience is fucking destroying me right now.
Clear your conscience and face the music. Which is exactly what you intend to do, so you're set. Good luck to you. Stay strong for just a little while longer.
>>
Oh shit, are we not supposed to do that? When I used to work retail, whenever one of my dipshit idiot coworkers would take counterfeit bills, the first thing I would do was give them to people as change. I don't want that shit in my drawer.
>>
>>17509908
fuck off. Im just fucking retarded okay?
>>
You risk jail time you know? Dont admit to KNOWING it was, tell them you DIDNT KNOW it was counterfeit if they are blaming you (and mention the marker test PASSED).

>but muh conscience!

Please, the store will make more money in a year than you will in your entire life; fuck them, stand your ground OP. You pleb.
>>
Say nothing. Do nothing. If it comes out, stick with it was a mistake. In the grand scheme of life, this is small potatoes. Don't make it bigger.
>>
>>17509564
>>17509902
You're both idiots. If you would let something like this tear you up inside, the world after high school will be terrifying for you.
>>
>>17510074
It's called fundamental human decency, you degenerate fuck.
>>
>>17510128
No it's not. It's mostly anxiety.

As someone who screwed up quite a bit and got away with hiding it all I can tell you that it doesn't eat at you at all. You'll be worried, paranoiac and maybe even a little sad for a few days or maybe weeks depending on what you did (we're still talking about pretty minor things, like what OP did) and how big of a pussy you are and then you'll get over it and forget all about it.

In your case, OP, confessing it would just create problems for you and maybe even your co-workers. If they won't find out on their own just stick with the lie, it won't "eat at you", you and everyone else will forget all about it in a month tops.
>>
>>17509697
>Also bear in mind that the lower pay someone is on, the less responsibility they can be expected to take. That's when when a doctor messes up they get sued for millions, but when a shop worker drops an expensive bottle of wine the worst that happens is the boss tell them to clean it up.
Wrong, the worst is they dock it from your pay.

>>17509908
I never had the balls to reject a note that failed the marker. It only happened once or twice though on a small denomination, and we were never trained in how to properly use then marker, just to use it on anything greater than a 10.

Your situation OP, didn't sound as serious as something like a money laundering scheme.
>>
>>17509410
he did know
>some counterfeit money that went through the till and I wanted to get rid of
>>
>>17510074
>Somebody has a different opinions than me, they're idiots.

The irony of assuming we're the ones in high school.....

Issues that can come back to haunt you are not good to sweep under the rug, I don't believe this is an issue like that, as if the cops wanted to get OP, they would've gotten to him by now, but just saying "forget about it" is short sighted.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.