[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright, so here's my deal. I'm 23, i work a part-time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 1470787220592.jpg (108KB, 480x672px) Image search: [Google]
1470787220592.jpg
108KB, 480x672px
Alright, so here's my deal.
I'm 23, i work a part-time job, have my own apartment, and live with my gf.
I make just barely enough money to make it buy, rent's paid, bills are good, very little money left over after everything's paid. Sometimes i have to pray i get good tips at my job to afford groceries.

I've been struggling with depression for about the last 10 years. Working a full time job is something i've tried, and it really left me drained. This last year i've been starting to feel better about it though, and its something i've been considering, which brings me to you looking for advice.

Over the years, ive become more and more of a shut-in. i lost contact with many of my friends, and i don't like to deal with people as much as i used to. probably due to the depression, but i just don't have the people skills anymore.

So, i'm considering getting a full time job, right? I don't want a customer service job at some big retail store, which seems like the majority of jobs in my area, especially with no degree requirements (i have none)

There's also a good amount of factory jobs available near me. most are 3rd shift, which is less than ideal. 2nd shift would be fine, but i'm worried working a factory job would drain on me, especially if my depression comes around full force again.

My current job is a breeze. Work 5-6 hour shifts, not much hard work, and i get paid well enough to afford living, even if its just barely, i'm not really putting forth a lot of work to warrant an amazing pay anyways. Its a small local business, so i'm very close to the owners and i've been here a long time, so i'm very appreciated here. But living paycheck to paycheck is starting to get to me. I'm 23, and i feel like i'm not applying my full potential at my current job. I would like to be able to afford a house (my apartment is in a shitty neighborhood and it gets worse every day, i don't feel safe here any more)
I'm reaching the text limit, so i'll add more in a bit
>>
>>17508407
Basically, i want a better job to afford a better lifestyle. I dont have a car, so that makes getting to better paying jobs hard. I'm worried that working full time will make me more depressed again. I mainly want advice on whether or not i should stick to my current comfy job, or look for something that will pay better, but drain on me more. I'll be around to answer questions and talk. thanks for reading this.
>>
>>17508407

Eat more vitamin b12. (You can get it from oatmeal). Make sure to eat it regularly throughout the day for maximum absorption.
>>
>>17508440
i will try that i guess. Is it supposed to help with depression? that might help.
>>
>>17508478

Fucking do it. I started last week, and its been amazing. Ive been exercising, came up with tons of new ideas to make my work more efficient, talking more with people, and for the first time in my life my future looks great. I can't recomend it enough.

HOWEVER, YOU MUST ALSO STOP EATING SUGAR. Sugar sort of... competes with b12 in the bloodstream or something. Makes it not work, and its why you get that mood crash a bit after eating sugary stuff. So no sugar, plenty of oatmeal.(Then come back here and tell more people to do it so it goes viral :3)
>>
>>17508407

Alright OP, you need to have a goal that is more important than yourself. This is the only thing that I have found which helped combat depression and helped me realize my full potential.

Every time i felt depressed or lonely I would always think "your goal does not care if you are tired, depressed, lonely, etc. Your goal only cares if you are going to do enough to achieve it."

I rthen structured my entire life around achieving that goal. My health, wealth, etc, al play significant parts towards it. I also made my goal concrete, x number of dollars a week is my goal, and defined how much I was willing to sacrifice (losing friends, lack of sleep, 100+ hours a week, etc.)

If you wish to feel fulfillment you need a goal. it will aide in combating depression.

Working out (actual working out, not lift 3 times and bullshit for 45 minutes), and improving posture at all times will aide in combating depression.

Remove junk food from your diet, (no soda, no candy, limited fatty foods like salad dressings, mayo, cook all your own meals, no sugar).
>>
>>17508478
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitamin_B12

"At levels only slightly lower than normal, a range of symptoms such as fatigue, depression, and poor memory may be experienced."

So yes.
>>
>>17508511
I've been meaning to cut sugar out of my diet for awhile now. Luckily i dont get much weight gain from it, but i do have a bad cavity that i can't afford to get fixed, and my acne is worse than it should be for a 23 year old. I will try this. As for working out, i can't afford a gym membership, so will running/crunches/sit ups cut it? i'm sure anything is good because i rarely do those now.
>>
>>17508516
i think that is definitely the mindset i need. I'll start by cutting out the junk food and working out more and then if i'm feeling confident i can go for a full time job in a factory or something. Thanks
>>
File: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.jpg (8KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.jpg
8KB, 480x360px
The pasta, again!?
>>
>>17508543
i typed this myself, the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>17508537

Read the sticky on fit. (Also, don't overexercise. You will probably feel really good from the oatmeal, and feel like you can run forever. Don't. Do brisk walking/cycling instead so that you don't hurt your body.)

You can probably get fine without a gym membership for now, but you should definitely look into either getting one or at least developing your home gym.(going to the gym is better because you'll see other people there that you can talk too)
>>
>>17508548
*/fit
>>
>>17508516
Thanks for the powerful words, anon.
>>
>>17508548
Just plain Oatmeal? or like the maple + brown sugar kind?
>>
>>17508591

Plain.
>>
>>17508542
>>17508590

Thank you. In regards to your goals what I would do is consider myself not as human, but simply as an organic machine. The suppression of the ego doess wonders for emotional control and resilience.
>>
>>17508440
I've tried eating vitamin b12 for several months in the form of tablets, but I didn't feel any different than before.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.