[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /adv/ I'm sure you get this one all the time but, I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: download.png (13KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
13KB, 225x225px
Hey /adv/ I'm sure you get this one all the time but, I'm thinking of killing myself.
I feel like I don't fit anywhere. I'm gay, but not gay enough(the community is flamboyant attention grabbing etc) and people say I pass as straight, if a little bit metro but I'm not into chicks.

Overall I feel like I might not be ready for the world everything feels at a distance and I have no clue how to feel close to anything.

If you know someone who killed themselves how did it effect your life?
>>
what do you want out of life
>>
>>17507957

>im thinking of killing myself because im not a flamer

go ahead and kill yourself. jesus if you dont fit in with faggots, just hang out with regular guys.

>BUT THEY DONT ACCEPT ME CUZ IM GHEY

just dont come out until you have bonded. only one of my friends knows im gay and its only because we met by me asking him on a date not realizing he was straight.
>>
>>17507957
That's a really stupid reason to want to kill yourself. There's a lot you can do to change how you fit in or where you belong.

I wanna kill myself, too, but that's because my life is genuinely shit.
>>
>>17508011
Not OP, but how did that turn out? Happened within my circle of friends in highschool. We're still friends in university, but I've never seen them alone together since then.
>>
>>17508024

since coming out?
>>
>>17508024

im so confused, how did what turn out?
>>
>>17508011
I have straight friends, they are all cool with me being gay.

Maybe I'm being a little bitch about it or maybe there is something wrong in my head.

I dunno dude, I'm 30 I feel like if I haven't figured out how to connect with people yet I'll never get it.

People seem to like me, but it's sort of a one way street... I tend to not care too much, but I'd like to.
>>
>>17508049

well there you go then. you fit in fine, you just arent connecting with people. thats on you buddy.
>>
>>17508043
>>17508036
Sorry. I was referring to the relationship with your straight friend after asking him out on a date.
>>
Pretty sure this is pasta
>>
>>17508059

it worked out amazing.

to clarify, i had only had like two sentence conversation. he worked at the yogurt shop enxt to my roomamtes restaurant, so i went in and flirted a bit and then asked him on a date. he said he was straight. i admitted to listening in on his conversation and asked him to act in a project i wrote.

he did act in it, but was so bad we had to let him go and refilm the entire pilot.

SOMEHOW we survived this nonsense and have been great friends for three years. im the guy he calls when he loses his job, and the guy he calsl when he gets one, or even when hes just bored. he come sto me with his moral dillemas and advice for his girlfriend, and even looks to me for approval on who he is dating.

honestly we've become best friends.
>>
>>17508057
I know it's on me and it's incredibly frustrating. I feel like I can't give the people around me what they want. I would rather be alone instead of being around people and feeling alone.
>>
>>17508098

>i cant give people what they want.

and thats fine. good friends are hard to find. i have two, and my boss if you count him (though i compartmentalize him as a father).

like you id rather be alone than be around people feeling around. but i dont really feel sad hwen i am alone. at worse i feel a comfortable sense of longing that drives me to try new things and see who i meet. im pretty good at predicting who i will get along with though.

my most recent firend for instance i met at an anime meet up. a meet up i only went to cuz i saw him listed in the comments, and i looked over his profile and thought 'i think we'd get along'.

we've been hanging out, sitting at the beach all night talking philosophy and life for months now.
>>
>>17508079
Ah, I see. Thanks for replying. It's great it ended up that way.

Like I was talking about, the guys I was referring to have been my friends for almost eight years. No one knew he was gay until high school and he basically asked another of our childhood friends. We all supported him obviously, but I'd be lying if I didn't admit to sensing a kind of rift between the two since.
>>
>>17508117

ah, so you mean he asked out a child hood friend? yeah thats not good.

i mean if you came out as gay, you'd expect any other of your friends to immediately admit it as well, no need to tell your feelings if theres no inkling at all. i can see why it could cause a rift.

in my case we became friends after the fact, and the asking him out is just sort of a joke at this point.
>>
>>17508110
Thanks for listening to me complain anon. I'll do some revaluation of my life and see what happens.

I might end up in the same place I am currently but you have helped me.
>>
>>17508140

it means a lot that you'd say that.

if i were you, id take the friends you want to be closer to and schedule 1 on 1 time for them. the three things that bond people most are

>hard times
>extended time together
>alone time.

the erason marines call each other brohter is because those rough times really do bond you. the reason highschoolers think of each other as brohters is because they think of their lives as being just as serious as marines, and it does bond them.

time together aloen is good cuz you get to know them, and them you. people are more willing to tell you something personal when teh whole group isnt listening, and they are telling YOU specifically, investing in only you, not the scenario.

and of course extended periods of time. taking a weekend trip or even having the adult equivelent of a sleeopver (re: 'ah its late, you might as well crash on my couch) makes people feel closer.

good luck.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.