[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HOW DO YOU GET DISCIPLINE OR WILLPOWER, WHATEVER THAT MAKES YOU

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

HOW DO YOU GET DISCIPLINE OR WILLPOWER, WHATEVER THAT MAKES YOU DO SHIT YOU DON'T WANT TO DO, WHERE THE FUCK DOES IT COME FROM

WHAT
>>
Is there anything in this cruel world that you like?
>>
>>17507364
Do you smoke?
>>
>>17507380
Vidya and watching tv series

born to be a loser NEET
>>
>>17507399
No. Good thing there's one vice I don't need to quit.
>>
Pls help I want to have god tier discipline

simple step by step instructions would be great
>>
>>17507472
Just gotta make good habits man. Try to introduce one good habit a week and stick with it. If you dont floss, floss. If you dont workout, start that. If it were easy anon everyone would be doing it.
>>
Another thing: I want to know how to stop giving a fuck.

About what everybody thinks of me, things I can't change no matter what, the life itself.
>>
>>17507364
>HOW DO YOU GET DISCIPLINE OR WILLPOWER, WHATEVER THAT MAKES YOU DO SHIT YOU DON'T WANT TO DO, WHERE THE FUCK DOES IT COME FROM
Lifestyle changes and labels.
Here's a question for you:
If you quit smoking, are you an ex smoker or a non smoker?
Got your answer?
I can tell you that the people who identify as non smokers kick the habit, ex smokers still carry cigarettes after "quitting" and smoke socially before relapsing.

If you want to get into a routine of doing something, you basically keep doing it like clockwork, or you make it difficult to carry on doing whatever stops you.
If you want to quit smoking, you avoid anywhere that sells cigarettes and you avoid situations where others offer you a smoke.
If you want to stop biting your nails, you put that shit on your nails that makes them taste awful, or you wear gloves.
If you want to eat better, you stop getting shitty foods and find replacements (frozen banana slices are good for replacing ice cream)

It is incredibly simple, the key is to not replace on problem with another.

Can you tell me what you are trying to achieve OP?

Source: Life Coach
>>
>>17507501
Here's what
1. Get fit, live healthy
2. Study machine learning, robotics, coding, stuff like that
3. Get a good job and money
4. Learn different things like playing guitar
5. Have my shit together and not look like a bum who lives in a garbage can

Learning is fun but I start avoiding it when it gets too hard and it feels boring when you have to practice something repeatedly. I find the repetition unbearably dull.
>>
read this
https://www.amazon.com/Power-Habit-What-Life-Business/dp/081298160X
>>
Same here, I've tried getting into drawing, programming, writing, music and quit all of them in a month or so, it's fucking hard to force yourself to do something productive even if it's fun
>>
>>17507556
>Learning is fun but I start avoiding it when it gets too hard and it feels boring when you have to practice something repeatedly. I find the repetition unbearably dull.
That's life, you will have to accept that you can't throw your toys out of the pram when you aren't getting your way.
>1. Get fit, live healthy
Join a gym, don't eat anything that comes prepared, in a wrapper or needs frying, half of the foods that you consume should be ones that you can boil or eat raw
>2. Study machine learning, robotics, coding, stuff like that
Find the relevant experience needed to get into those topics, work your way backwards until you find the stage you can enter at.
Also try talking to people who are already in those fields, it will help you realise if you actually want to do it or if you like it because you saw it in media (like kids who want to do hacking or work in forensics)
>3. Get a good job and money
You have to figure out if what you enjoy is something you can turn into a career, if you can get work experience it will help you get a step closer to it.
>4. Learn different things like playing guitar
Buy rocksmith if you are really lazy, but your best bet is to sign up for guitar lessons, some schools provide you with a guitar
>5. Have my shit together and not look like a bum who lives in a garbage can
Buy yourself some clothes that fit you, spend a minute styling your hair every day and make an effort to shave at least once every two days with a razor.

The first thing I do every morning is make my bed, and I make it properly, I recommend anyone else do the same, if you start your day doing a job properly you will do all of your jobs properly, I even clean the toilet properly, knowing you did a job properly is pretty rewarding and what keeps me and my clients going.
>>
>>17507364
It's all about consequences I guess. I don't desperatley want to get up for work in the morning, but as the other option is to tell the wife and kids we've got to live in a cardboard box under a bridge I just have to get on and do it.
>>
>>17507573
Not gonna buy the book, but I found a recap of it by googling a little and it was actually really helpful. Thanks.
>>
File: iamnothing.jpg (11KB, 480x432px)
iamnothing.jpg
11KB, 480x432px
>>17507364
I recently found out that I know alot of people (with autism including myself) that indeed lack this internal push to DO something.

when a "normie" feels bored, he/she feels the urge to do something. it's hormones pushing that person to think of something better to do.

I BELIEVE WE FUCKING LACK THAT ABILITY.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.