[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First-time poster here. Do any of you feel as though your lives

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1464711715142.jpg (27KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
1464711715142.jpg
27KB, 600x399px
First-time poster here.

Do any of you feel as though your lives are going nowhere right now? I feel that way.

I have this constant churning in my stomach that something isn't right in my life. I feel paranoid as if something terrible will happen. I do suffer with anxiety so I was wondering if anybody had some tips on how to deal with recurring thoughts of impending doom.

Thanks.
>>
I used to have that a lot. It's the body's way of coping with complacency. The only way it can feel alive is in a perpetual state of anxiety.

Gotta keep busy. Keep doing new things.
>>
>>17506861
Thanks for the response. I'm currently a student but I feel as though I should be doing more by getting a job. Do you know if it is possible to juggle University and work?
>>
>>17506865
Plenty of people juggle school and work. I can't give any personal experience with it as I haven't had to do it myself.
Just remember to take it a moment at a time.
>>
>>17506865
It's possible but you'll have to commit to changing as a person. Realize that you will find yourself awake at 2am with a beating heart realizing that your problems are still lingering in your soul but your life is too busy and coated with bullshit for you to worry about them. Eventually you will become a strong person again and those feelings will pass, but the transition will be painful
>>
>>17506872
Thanks. I think I might talk to an advisor in my university to see how to tackle this issue when I get an interview.

>>17506875
I do need to do more, I feel. It's as though I'm letting myself down nowadays. I hardly sleep as I'm just sitting there, bored, expecting something interesting to happen. I know this is a stupid thing to do, but once you're in that cycle it is hard to get out. I suppose with saying that, I need to get into a cycle where working on myself and my future is important.

Thank you both.
>>
>>17506855
Yea. I decided to go back to school. I joined the rock wall climbing group, work out in my spare time, and read. The feeling is still there but I finally feel like I'm moving forward.
>>
>>17506882
Yesh I think its something allot of people go through privately. Everybody secretly wants a busy life to distract them from the rabbit hole of existential crisises
>>
>>17506887
I'm happy for you, anon. When I read things or see people doing well, it motivates me as I don't want to be left behind - even though I don't know most of the people.

My problem, I feel, is that I am too much of a recluse to enjoy spending time with what little friends I have left. I need to go out more.
>>
>>17506895
Most definitely. I want to work my ass off and make money, but I'm stuck thinking, "You'll have no time to relax" although that's all I ever seem to be doing and I'm bored of it.
>>
>>17506855
It's a medical fact that in lazy solitude, people become gloomy and worried. The solution is to do something fulfilling. If it never goes away, you may have a personality disorder. Schizoids tend to have a permanent sense of dread of death.
>>
>>17506905
I have been diagnosed with chronic depression and anxiety disorder but I feel I have progressed, so to speak, into some sort of bipolar attitude. I finished a few sessions of counselling and was sent on my way, but now that a few months have passed I find myself spiralling.
>>
>>17506910
Join a support group.
>>
>>17506924
I'll look into that, thanks. I'm thinking of seeing my doctor about my mood swings.
>>
>>17506969
Don't think, do.
>>
>>17506974
You're right. I need to stop thinking and start doing. Thank you.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.