[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How exactly do you flirt? I've mostly become normie over

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

File: stock photo.jpg (41KB, 570x379px) Image search: [Google]
stock photo.jpg
41KB, 570x379px
How exactly do you flirt? I've mostly become normie over the years, but this is the one normie thing that still eludes me.

Also semi-related, I've got a crush on a friend of mine, but I've never really felt like she's shown much interest in me. Should I try asking her out on a casual date anyway? I'd almost certainly try flirting with her a bit in the future, in any case

pic unrelated
>>
Bump for a similar problem
>>
>>17506173
Make sexual jokes to create sexual tension
>>
>>17506173
Watch others do it. Check out movie scenes with characters making their SO's jealous, late night talk show hosts (except Conan, he plays up being a loser) etc.
>>
>>17506203
This is good advice, thank you peggy sue
>>
Why is it so hard for people to give actual flirting advice? Are they afraid of other people becoming succesful in love or something?
>>
>>17506203
i'm uncomfortable with making sexual jokes because i used to be kinda creepy and i'm worried about relapsing
>>
>>17506217
How would you describe it? Many people live their whole lives without knowing how to flirt.
>>
>>17506213
I don't really agree with this, movie scenes are usually constructed around the plot and force unrealistic relationships to work out fast, almost magically. They give a false idea of reality.
>>
>>17506217
I just gave advice that works 100% of the time

I cannot create a sense of humor for you

Even during one of my uni classes one of the black normalfags said "yeah man its defintely duh troof if u make dem laugh u half way there man"
>>
>>17506225
i have no trouble making girls laugh, but i can't ever go beyond that point
>>
>>17506222
How do the guys get girls then? Do they just suddenly realize they are both attracted to each other and "-oh wow we should be a couple -yes we should" and that's it?
Is flirting ever even necessary? Do people just hang out and randomly happen to be attracted to each other?
>>
>>17506221
Be playful, don't ogle. Saying "there's my eyecandy" after a hug is alright, whereas staring and saying how well her dress fits her may be taken the wrong way. Make it about the interaction, not about her.
>>
>>17506221
>i'm afraid

Well that's a bigger problem dude

Talk to fat girls first about anything and work your way up to hot girls until you can talk to them without being nervous
>>
>>17506234
>not about her.
*not about her body
>>
>>17506234
>ogle
I don't think that word means what you think it means
>>
>>17506224
It depends, rom coms are probably a poor choice. I remember a scene in Modern Family where the dad made his wife jealous by flirting with a neighbour who was jogging, which was a good example of a fun flirt.
>>
>>17506233
Attraction may build through non-romantic interaction.
>>
>>17506239
once i've talked to someone a couple times, i can normally talk to them at any time without being nervous
it's just going from talking like friends to expressing interest that eludes me
if i can't flirt should i just ask her out anyway or am i out of luck
>>
File: convo.png (5KB, 390x94px) Image search: [Google]
convo.png
5KB, 390x94px
>>17506233
It basically is random

OKC works because the percent of compatibility is kind of a mental trick that works in your favor but is a completely arbitrary rating

There's basically two ways to attract someone that I've found

Micromanage the way they perceive you constantly (this is the tryhard PuA method)

or

Be confident in who you are and know you the type of girl that would date you

Like as an anime nerd I know I'm not getting a sexy blonde real estate agent that lives in Malibu

pic related of me asking a girl what she liked about me

If a girl complains about her life with you then you're probably on the right track

Good luck, soldat
>>
Bump. I still don't know how to flirt. Any good, free resources that aren't PUA nonsense?
>>
no one ever answered my second question in the op

should i try asking out this girl even though i've never really felt like she's shown much interest in me?
>>
>>17506327
Just ask her out if she says no you will be in the same position you are now.
>>
>>17506263
Thanks!
>Micromanage the way they perceive you constantly
That sounds exactly like me.
>>
>>17506439
will she realize i'm asking her out on a date or do i have to explicitly say so
>>
>>17506490
Not op but it sounds like you don't even want to ask her out because your afraid of being a creep. Personally I would just act less friendly to her in general if you want to go the no-direct route and when she asks you why tell her you like her and It felt engaging with her on some non romantic shit. I'd still just ask her out though. Or say she looks good. You can't talk to her like she's your buddy if you wanna bang her
>>
>>17506173
The truth is you can't really flirt with someone who isn't already sexually attracted to you. Sometimes you can turn someone on by being forward from the get go, but again, that doesn't tend to work so well if you aren't good looking. All flirting really boils down to is stating that you like someone out loud. You can add wit or whatever, but that's all it is.
>>
Alright I'm going to try to explain it, but flirting is a pretty intricate social process so you will inevitably have to try it out and refine your sensitivity in time.

Anyway, there are two things that I want you to remember.
The first is that what flirting boils down to, is teasing someone with your interest to try to raise their own interest. You are dangling in your face that you find them (potentially?) attractive in one way or another, without showing your hand outright. You want to leave them guessing about how serious you are about them, how much you like them, whether you flirt like that with them or with everyone. So it's a social game that revolves around teasing your level of interest.

The second is more complicated to explain. Think of male friends who insult each other, and are very polite to an outside stranger. Do they like their friends less? No, of course not, the banter rather implies that they are good enough friends to not bother with social etiquette, and blindly trust that they like each other's company even if they pretend they don't.
Flirting is often like that as well. You say something that could be taken as offensive or ridiculous, but it's not about the literal message: it's about trying to make a connection in a way that's -informal-. You are implicitly saying: you touch me more/I like you better/we have something more personal than all these other people around.
>>
>>17506490
You should just stop engaging with her all buddy buddy if you don't want to ask her out directly. When she asks you why tell her you wanna take her out.
>>
>>17506507
That isn't true . Humor works well as does confidence . The good thing about bitches is that they like men for more than just their appearance .
>>
>>17506509
How do you do this in a non-robotic way?
>>
>>17506315
The art of seduction by Robert Greene

It doesn't really teaches you how to flirt, but you can learn a few things about charm and sexuality.
>>
>>17506509
Having said that, flirting can take many, many forms. The only consistent part is the two things I explained in the former post. Flirting can be giving someone a compliment, but it can also be teasing someone endlessly over something trivial. It boils down to paying them a special kind of attention without trying to hide it.

Use your body language. Make eye contact, smile strategically (so either often in a playful way, or pokerface through the delivery then give a sly grin, you get the idea), turn your body towards her with uncrossed arms, stand closely and touch her lightly if your relationship allows for it.
Next, the teasing. You drop little hints about
>her being attractive
>the idea of you having sex
>you being compatible as lovers
>she being a special person/case
stuff like that. Obviously you need to be fairly smooth to start flirting with someone cold, most of the time it escalates from regular teasing to flirting. Eg a coworker annoys you a little on purpose and then asks you how you like it, and you go "why I do like my women feisty, yes, thank you". Now comes the tricky part. In flirting it matters WAY less what you say than how you deliver it. If you are confident and unconcerned about it, you can get away with saying the most inane or perverted stuff. If you cramp up and become wooden, the most normal stuff will come out as creepy or awkward. That's the biggest hurdle and because of this I recommend practicing on cashiers, old ladies, solidly platonic friends etc when you have less to lose. Rebrand it as "charming" them in your head, if the idea of practice flirting is too weird.

I think I've covered most of the important stuff, I just wanted to stress that the kind of flirting is also hugely dependent on the dynamic and the people involved. For some people hot flirting is bordering on verbal abuse, for others it's very goofy and absurd or just cutesy and stereotypically romantic.
>>
>>17506512
she's not an especially close friend, i don't normally hang out with her outside of a group context
>>
>>17506533
What they have in common is that you pay spontaneous attention to a person that shows they caught your eye. An innocent example is teasing someone with a trivial fuck up. Suggesting that you should take something out of someone's hands because they dropped something earlier in the day, is just teasing. If they turn around and pretend to be more angry than they are, you beam at each other and there's a nudge-nudge type of smile, suddenly it's flirting. These are low risk type of things you can try that give a girl the opportunity to take you up on it, and if she lets it pass you didn't exactly say something embarrassing or weird.
>>
>>17506229
> have no trouble making girls laugh

unless I'm interested in dating them

it honestly feels like I actually have to do the "just b urself :)" thing
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.