[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 19, been working as a salesman now for over 1 month.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: cornfused.jpg (6KB, 199x161px) Image search: [Google]
cornfused.jpg
6KB, 199x161px
I'm 19, been working as a salesman now for over 1 month.
Overall i'm happy with the job i like the community and environment overall.
But there's one issue.
I only get paid for what i sell and currently i've sold 80 "Sim cards" it's 15 euros per sell.
But i only get paid if people buy it.
According to statistics only 30% buy.
So that means i'll be making around 500-600 euros inc taxes.
I work really hard by the way, 10 am > 7 pm everyday.
I don't know if I should keep the job or look for a new job?

Wat do /adv/ ?
>>
>>17505662
Sounds like you start work pretty late in the morning. Wake up at 7-8 and use your morning time to learn a craft, either sales to improve your current performance or something else that you may hope to do professionally.
>>
>>17505682
Yes, I wake up 7am every morning and shower, eat takes 30-60 min, then i go by train to work.takes around 1 hour.
Don't have any freetime besides the weekend to learn a craft though.
>>
>>17505689
>eat takes 30-60 min
The fuck? This sounds like you're eating too much, are really bad at managing your time, or overdoing it with your breakfast. A normal breakfast should not take this long.
>>
>>17505713
No, breakfast, showering, mourning routines like browsing the chan with morning coffe.
>>
If you wake up at 7 and your routine + commute take a total of up to 2hrs, then you should still have about one hour of free time every morning.

Either way, if you can find a better job, it might be best if you look for one while still working your present one. If you're commuting via public transport, you could spend that time editing your resume on your laptop (if any, otherwise just take notes) or searching for jobs on your phone.

In the end, only you know whether your job is a keeper and how well you can live off of it. A 1h commute is tiring though imo.
>>
>>17505746
Yeah
>
Either way, if you can find a better job, it might be best if you look for one while still working your present one

I'm constantly looking for a new job, but it's pretty difficult to book job interviews due to the fact that i'm at work for so long during the weekdays.

Also my salary is rather fluid so it's gonna be pretty hard to get a apartment.
Plus, I need to money for drivers license, clothes, hobbies etc.
And it's not garuanteed that i'll become a succesful salesman. So it's all a big gamble.
Should I maybe look for a part time job during the weekends and give this current job a chance?
>>
>>17505770
Can't you take days off, so you can interview? As for giving your current job a chance, depends on how employable you'd be if you'd quit tomorrow.

An alternative source of income would be freelancing on websites like Upwork, if you have any design, marketing or development skills.
>>
>>17505786
>Can't you take days off, so you can interview? As for giving your current job a chance, depends on how employable you'd be if you'd quit tomorrow.

They're pretty strict when it's coming to taking one day off..
And well yeah it's my first job so I don't know how employable i'll be if i'd quit tomorrow, I guess i'd look for a wallmart job or something.

>An alternative source of income would be freelancing on websites like Upwork, if you have any design, marketing or development skills.

I don't have any design, marketing or development skills at all.
I could learn though.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.