[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Over the course of my 20s, I pretty much made the jump from NEET

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 1470264846695.png (528KB, 500x647px) Image search: [Google]
1470264846695.png
528KB, 500x647px
Over the course of my 20s, I pretty much made the jump from NEET to normie, and I was briefly excited about it, but now I feel like it all just kind of sucks. I ended things with my girlfriend of 6 years not too long ago, just turned 29, and am just about to finish college, and I'm feeling more depressed than ever before about the future.

The older I get, the more it seems like the late teens/very early twenties are the part of life that "count." Up until the end of this period, aging is something that opens doors for you - as soon as you get past maybe 22, 23 it starts closing them. Also, its the age range where people have the opportunity to explore themselves and each other without (usually) being saddled with life-consuming responsibilities.

The other day my ex was talking about her niece driving into town to spend the night with a boy. I just can't even imagine, being 16 and having a car and being sexually active and having close friendships - to me that seems like the ultimate fantasy life. And if you didn't have those kind of experiences? You can try to get out and live a little and enjoy it, but you've pretty much missed life's peaks, most of what's left is just the grind.

Basically I feel like, having not gotten to live that life, and now single at 29, I pretty much don't have anything to look forward to. I'm pretty attractive and far more confident and socially apt than I used to be but I'm not really looking forward to dating again. I missed all the fun stuff, its just going to be people looking to settle down and desparately lonely people seeking hookups to fill the void. I think I'm actually becoming less physically attracted to women my own age over time too.

I just started training MMA, but I'll be in my early 30s at least before I'm any good, which really limits where I can go with it.

Similarly, I *just* finished college, I realize that financially I'm ahead of a lot of people in my generation just cause I'm not carrying student debt, (1/2)
>>
File: 1470265432319.png (202KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1470265432319.png
202KB, 500x500px
(2/2) ...but trying to get it together financially seems pretty futile too. I mean, I'm almost 30, at this point even if I do start seriously saving and investing now, I'll probably be in my 80s/90s before I can consider retiring, if ever.

Basically it seems that no matter what I do, I can never experience the kind of happiness of someone who just had a good start.

Now, all of this is so brutally cynical that of course it doesn't hold factually. It's easy to come up with counterexamples to everything I've said just from my personal experience and the people who've been in my life - but it's so goddamn hard to FEEL that way.

I need someone to really drill into me how wrong all these lines of thinking are.

It's not enough to know it from a logical standpoint, I have to get through to my heart. I don't know how.
>>
bump, since this is still here in the morning
>>
Why not live for a purpose?

If you've never travelled, i suggest you do it RIGHT after you graduate. Just gtfo of America, see how esstern philosophy looks at life. Meet strange and new people.

Im 23, and i know that eventually, once i lived out my youth thrills (dont feel so bad, ive never had a gf til college and i still dont have a car), i plan to adopt if i havnt impregnated a women yet and live my life for THAT child.

Ive learned to NEVER rely on women for happiness. It never works my man. Its this weird zone where you guys LOVE each to death, to the very next scene HATING each other, trying to hurt one another. Fuck that. It takes a very special partner, and who knows if she even exists
>>
So what if all those things are true? Getting older is a fact of life and time spent fretting about it also time you can't get back - you could be doing your MMA drills right this second and getting better at something instead of whining on 4chan, and on the dating front if you're so "attractive and confident" there's really nothing stopping you from pursuing young twentysomething girls.

Seriously with no debt, no relationship, a college degree, supposedly good social skills and your whole thirties ahead of you you can pretty much do anything now if you just get your head out of your ass
>>
>>17506181
To elaborate on adoption, i would save up loads of money while learning martial arts, muay thai being the best, and then just go to south east asia and motor bike from north china to south east asia and journey west until i reach terrorist area.

If i find an orphan child, i would just take that child along with me and teach him everything i know, Just like Snake did to several children from metal gear 5
>>
>>17505128
If you're healthy and socially capable, I don't see why you'd think getting older is that bad. No one's coming to hit you in the face with a door when you hit 30.
>>
Hey, thanks everyone, good advice in this thread so far, anybody else wanna help me talk some sense into myself?
>>
>>17506661
Look into learning to shift your paradigm, or view of life. It could save your mind some stress
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.