[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is our world so boring? Well, actually, I know it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: 45770826.jpg (53KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
45770826.jpg
53KB, 768x1024px
Why is our world so boring? Well, actually, I know it's not, I'm just really jaded and everything seems mundane from my perspective. Even mysterious things that science can't explain, for example, are of no interest to me because I just assume it's some boring logical explanation for how it works.

I don't believe that spirits, magicians, witches, familiars, superpowers, secret organizations, etc exist. Maybe they do, but I can't make myself believe it. Even though shocking and scary, it would be amazing if proof that they exist was suddenly thrust upon me...

But even assuming mystical things like that don't exist, I remember I used to be very curious as a child. Boring, mundane things seemed interesting to me. Nowadays I just don't care how something works. I feel that there is no purpose. for example, to go see what's behind the wall of yellow flowers on the other side of the heat delivery pipelines near the asphalt path leading to the 21st building.

Every day I fantasize about standing in the middle of the frozen over rink at my elementary school at midnight and wondering what awaits me on the other side of the crevice between the adjacent buildings standing close to each other.

Walking to the sequestered building in the overgrowth of the outskirts of the city through the fallen autumn leaves, desolate wind blowing them around.

The manhole.

Being Rusiko's midnight man.

Why the fuck do I want to return to the city of my childhood so bad? I know it's not going to actually be interesting there, I changed, I'm no longer the curiousity-driven kid I was before, I can't go back in time to the past, so why do I keep yearning for it....

Sorry, I'm drunk on emotions after crying, so this post probably makes no sense. I just can't stop dreaming about being an inconspicous nightly existence alone in that city, it gives me such a profound feeling. Everything else feels meaningless.
>>
shut the fuck up and go for a walk if you want a "nightly existence alone in that city" asshole, this isn't your blog
>>
>>17505107
how old are you OP? Genuinely asking because I feel the same in some respects
>>
Have you tried getting a new fedora? Or maybe see if there are any new trenchcoats in your price range at Goodwill?
>>
>>17505175

Yeah I know guys, I think I have chuunibyou, am a fedora tipper, and have a misconception about 4chan being a blog.
>>
Familiarity creates dull monotony.
>>
>>17505253
I think you're onto something here... I've been living in the same place doing the same thing for a long time now, maybe that's why it's gotten so monotonous. At the same time, it's hard to make a change in your life...
>>
File: 1354073205354.jpg (27KB, 500x491px) Image search: [Google]
1354073205354.jpg
27KB, 500x491px
>>17505107
this is a blog post but it's one of the better blog posts I've seen on here. plus, I have known similar feels.

go back to your old neighbourhood at least once. you probably won't feel the need to go back again.

a few years ago, I went back to the house where we lived when I was in high school. idk if anybody was living there or not, but nobody was home, the house looked semi-abandoned, and I could see through the windows that it was crammed with stuff. it felt neat and kinda sad at the same time to go back. it scratched some kind of itch. I took a couple photos and left. I haven't really felt the desire to go back.

>I can't go back in time to the past, so why do I keep yearning for it....
because you know it, but some part of you doesn't quite believe it til you actually go and see that it's changed - someone else lives there, they painted the house some god awful colour, the old pool hall on the corner is gone, or whatever.

the weirdest part was how I knew the roads. my conscious mind had forgotten them and couldn't remember any given mile of road til I was on it, and I only had the most general sense of where I was from the map; but once I was there, I knew where to go. it wasn't like driving to your friend's house that you went to a year ago. it was more like a muscle memory. or a homing beacon. I could feel it in my body as much as I could see it with my eyes. I think that's an important part of the experience.
>>
File: 1443112449024.jpg (67KB, 403x275px) Image search: [Google]
1443112449024.jpg
67KB, 403x275px
You need serious education and study. You say you assume everything has some boring logical explanation to how it works, but I'm guessing most of those assumptions are only so deep. They may be "correct" but they don't give the whole picture as to why a thing is actually interesting or exciting, there's no knowledge of the deeper underlying existence of the world, whether it's something as mundane as water flowing or a plane flying or how highways are built all the way to how the concept of yourself exists in your brain and whether or not that's actually real as we think it is. People are usually satisfied with just words, quick little anecdotes or stories about how things are, but they never really dive into something on a level where they truly know the processes going on because that takes actual study.

It doesn't necessarily have to be scientific or mathematical either, it can be history or culture. Understanding why people dress like they do, why certain words are used over others, why cultures fail or succeed.

The world is a boring piece of shit if you view it with just your eyes, everything is just images and video and whatever you can't comprehend with just your eyes is surely working somehow because we can see that it is. You have to try to push past that and see what's really going on and then you can be like le black science man I took the red pill xd WHOA.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.