[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I asked a girl I know out and she said no but then she said "We

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 9

File: 1472173102602.jpg (56KB, 809x768px) Image search: [Google]
1472173102602.jpg
56KB, 809x768px
I asked a girl I know out and she said no but then she said "We can still be friends." and I said "I'll pass but thanks." She got upset because I didn't want to be her friend and called me an asshole.

Am I an asshole?
>>
you're an ass for saying it and not just not talking to her anymore
>>
>>17504369
That seems like a bigger asshole move to me. Just stop talking for no reason with no closure? How is that better?
>>
your an ass for saying that, in that way. but not an ass for not wanting to be friends with her anymore after this.

shoulda done it slowly or expressed your feelings in a diferent way rather than saying ill pass.
>>
>>17504374
"Let's be friends" is a nicety, they just want to be polite. If you said sure and stopped talking to her, she wouldn't have been this mad.
>>
>>17504374
because she's turning you down and you still had to get the last word.
>>
>>17504381
If it just a nicety then why is she upset that I don't want to be her friend? She seems like an asshole now just making a scene for no reason.
>>
>>17504385
she called you an asshole because of what you said and when you said it. if you had just stopped talking to her she would have said nothing
>>
>>17504384
It has nothing to do with last word though, this isn't 2nd grade. She put an offer on the table and I declined. I wasn't going to lie to her.
>>
>>17504357

yes and no. ultimately it doesn't matter, are you going to be friends with every girl you ask out simply to not be an asshole?

people should be open to new friends, but if you are very fulfilled by your friend life, then why would you want to mess with that? imagine how hard it would be to find a girlfriend if you were stuck hanging out wiht every girl you ever asked out? you'd have no time. and even if you did, you'd have to tell your girlfriend that all your friends were girls you once asked out but got rejected by. weird.

you are a bit of an asshole cuz when you say 'we can't be friends' it translates to 'were enemies' in girl world.

for the average guy , a friend is someone you actually know and hang out with regularly and bond with. for instance I hang out with some people who play board games, a group of ten. even after two years of playing board games with these same people i only considered two of them my friends. loved the others to death, but we hadnt become friends.

but to agirl, EVERYONE is a friend. if someones not your friend, they are your enemy.

all that being said, the socially polite thing is saying 'yes, of course' when they say you can still be friends, then just never hanging with them, and only ever talking if they initiate. 'friends' implies that you can co exist.

for those who arent in that frame of mind, it simply boils dow nto manners.

they asked you out, and they comforted you with friendship to show that what you did was not wrong or innapropriate and that they dont dislike you.

to say 'no i dont want to be friends' is like having someone say 'good luck' and for you to say 'LUCK IS A DUMB SUPERSTITION'. its like having someone say 'you'll be in my prayers' and you saying 'god isnt real'.

they are extending a nicety from what boils down to 'a different culture' and you are responding by being mean. in their mind they tried to give you an olive branch and you just said 'fuck you'.

so yes and no.
>>
>>17504391
you're either socially retarded, actually an asshole, or just hopeless. maybe all three
>>
>>17504389
So I'm supposed to just cut the conversation as soon as she says that? How does that make any sense? She put it down and I responded.
>>
Now, I'm not saying you're an asshole or that you're wrong.

But, I think from a girl's perspective, this situation can kind of feel like:
>boy: Hey, you're great and I'd like to start to try to have a special, romantic relationship with you.
>girl: Oh, no thanks. I'm not interested in you that way. But since you seem to like me and care about me so much that you wanted us to enter a special relationship, and I like you as a friend, let's just be friends.
>boy: Nah, if I can't fuck you, you're worthless to me now. You just maybe don't have worth to anybody outside of sex. Goodbye forever.

And, that's kind of demeaning and belittling and shitty to feel it like that, even if it's not really how things go down.
>>
>>17504401
Welcome to the world of social interaction. Some things aren't worth saying because of the trouble they'll bring.
>>
>>17504404
Well the thing is, if you want to be friends with someone you wouldn't ask them out of a date. You can be friends if one person is openly attracted to the other, that's an imbalanced relationship. The power dynamic is completely one-sided. In normal male-female friendships there's at least plausible deniability because the guy never asked her out and probably never will but once he does, it's over. That relationship is screwed, the power dynamic is completely in her court now.
>>
>>17504357
No
You are entitled to befriend or not befriend anyone you want based on wathever reason you may have the same way she is with boyfriends
>>
>>17504407
I could say the same about her though. Don't even bring up the friends if you're ready for both answers.
>>
>>17504376
But how did she reject op?
>>
>>17504416
good God you're an idiot
>>
>>17504407
That doesn't sound like social interaction, it sounds like sociopathy
>>
>>17504419
It's the truth though, how about you actually say something of worth besides throwing insults. If you put down that you want to be my friend even if you don't mean it, there's 2 answers to that. If you can't handle it then don't even mention it. That's undeniable.
>>
>>17504417
she said no is what the op said. He doesn't still have to be friends with her. She said that either being nice or actually wanting to be friends with him. But he doesn't have to. And desu if you ask a girl out and she says no.. you don't wanna be just friends. but he shouldn't have said it in that way. He should have said something nice, and then juts not talked to her again.
>>
I can't take any girl that says she wants be just friends after getting asked seriously.

She's either being a cunt by lying to you and she really doesn't want to be your friend or she wants another orbiter around to get stuff from. Either way she's a bitch.
>>
>>17504425
you're hopeless dude. this is so simple it feels like you're either trying not to understand, or, if you actually do get it, you're just digging in on your position like it's your last stand

how old are you? I'm assuming you're young enough to have gotten very little negative feedback about your social interactions. you need more negative feedback
>>
File: 107_BIFF.jpg (1MB, 970x1061px) Image search: [Google]
107_BIFF.jpg
1MB, 970x1061px
If you can't see why telling someone "no" when they ask to be your friend may hurt their feelings, you may lack some social skills.

You can't have a whole lot of romantic partners (usually) anyway, but getting rejected from friendship is just pathetic.
>>
>>17504416
I'm not sure what you're looking for, dude. If it's validation that you're not an asshole, everybody in this thread is saying that you're not. You're not a bad person for not wanting to be friends with her. If you want to feel that she's in the wrong, she's not. She doesn't feel that way, and she said that friend shit to be polite. Don't ask me why, I thought it was a bad idea. Just like it was a bad idea to say no so bluntly. Interacting with people isn't so cut and dry. People have emotions, which sometimes guide them.
>>
>>17504439
I got rejected from having an intimate relationship with her literally 10 seconds before that which pretty much means "You're completely undesirable to me." and it didn't hurt my feelings. She got rejected from a petty loose friendship that she doesn't even want apparently.

Her calling me an asshole because I didn't want to be her friend was more offensive than anything.
>>
>>17504451
>I didn't feel bad so she shouldn't either
That's not how people work. They can have their own feelings independent of how someone else would feel.

Her request for friendship was an expression of desire anyway(whether true or not), but just as friends and not lovers, so she actually specifically didn't tell you you were undesirable.
>>
>>17504404
LMao girls are retarded if this is what they think. Seriously, do girls not feel the same when they get rejected? Why would I want to continue to hang out with someone I know I'll never be with? That will just be torment.

I'm so sick of guys being called assholes because they don't want to be friends with someone after getting rejected.
>>
>>17504451
I get that you're hurt, OP. Getting rejected sucks, but trying to paint this girl as a bitch to people on the internet that really don't know the situation is just not a good look. It's not your fault you got rejected, just like it's not her fault for not being attracted to you. You can get over rejection without hating this girl.
>>
>>17504460
I'm well aware of that, I'm just saying her feelings are stupid because she's upset over something that she's not even that invested in to begin with.

>so she actually specifically didn't tell you you were undesirable.
Yeah she did. Not in specific words but single women don't want to be 'just' friends with guys they find desirable. That's not a thing.

>>17504477
I don't care about getting rejected though. I do care about being labeled an asshole though because now she's going to tell that to everyone we know.
>>
File: im really not tho.jpg (169KB, 511x500px) Image search: [Google]
im really not tho.jpg
169KB, 511x500px
>>17504466
I think a lot of girls just genuinely want to be friends with guys, because the alternative to having guys for friends is being friends with girls or having no friends at all. And girls can really suck at being friends with eachother.
>>
>>17504482
It's called etiquette you fucking retard. You have things that you are obligated to do and say for the sake of being polite. That is one of them. Get used to it, you don't get to live in a bubble away from everyone else where your conversations are dictated solely by logic when 98% of the world still follows age old traditions. She is expected to offer to be friends. You are expected to either 'think about it' or just say sure. You then say goodbye and neither is obligated to ever contact the other again.

Learn to fucking interact with people. There are rules.
>>
>>17504488
Women need to realize that asking for friendship after stomping on a guy's feelings is not the best way to make friends. It just isn't, I don't understand how women don't get this.

If you want guy friends then talk to guys who have no interest in you.
>>
File: frynotsureif.png (245KB, 603x452px) Image search: [Google]
frynotsureif.png
245KB, 603x452px
>>17504482
>I'm aware her feelings may be different than mine
>but her feelings are stupid
>and the feelings she told me she had just aren't true, she's lying
>because I say so
>it is literally impossible for her to feel different than how I think she feels

Okay there, buddy.
>>
>>17504482
>I don't care about getting rejected
Let's say that we all believe that.

>I do care about being labeled an asshole though because now she's going to tell that to everyone we know.
Oh well now there's a quick fix for that. An apology never hurts anyone. Of course, you're gonna have to stop thinking her feelings are stupid if you want it to sound sincere.
>>
>>17504496
>You have things that you are obligated to do and say for the sake of being polite.
Oh shut the fuck up, that's complete bullshit. There isn't a single guy on the planet that wants to hear the "I just want to be friends" speech. None, zero. There isn't a single guy that would bat an eye if that conversation didn't happen. It doesn't exist, stop making up bullshit to justify your nonsense.
>>
>>17504506
>Oh shut the fuck up, that's complete bullshit.
You
don't
get
to
decide
that
>>
>>17504507
Yeah I do. You're trying to talk about etiquette and manners and the feelings men have after getting rejected.

NEWSFLASH: Men don't fucking care. We don't want to hear it.
>>
>>17504509
What the fuck do you think "Don't call us, we'll call you" is? It is the EXACT same fucking thing. Nobody will ever fucking tell you you're not getting the job. That's rude. No, you don't get to decide that it's not, the world doesn't work that way, fucking live with it.
>>
>>17504506
Nobody said anything about actually having to be friends with her. You say anything other than no, and leave it at that. You don't have to follow up on it. You're getting worked up over some bullshit for no reason my nigga. "Just be friends" is a minor inconvenience, not a slap to your face.
>>
>>17504511
It is not the exact same thing. This etiquette you made up is completely in your head. There doesn't exist a man that would complain if they didn't get the "I just to be friends" spiel. There is no obligation to say it if the party you're saying it too doesn't want it or expect it. That's not how that shit works, that's horseshit.
>>
this fucking guy lol
>>
>>17504518
He didn't make it up. I agree with him, it's just what you do. It's not about how you personally would want things, it's about doing the song and dance that's just generally accepted. Lots of people do it all the time.
>>
>>17504518
>There doesn't exist a man that would complain if they didn't get the "I just to be friends" spiel.
Where the fuck did you read that in my posts, fuckwit? It's rude to just up and fucking say I don't want to date you or ever see you again bye. Deal with it, you're an autistic.
>>
>>17504496
>You have things that you are obligated to do and say for the sake of being polite
What men are you talking to where they berate you for not asking to be friends?
>>
>>17504525
They don't do that. It would be rude. Who are you hanging around that does that openly?
>>
>>17504518
>There doesn't exist a man that would complain if they didn't get the "I just to be friends" spiel
My dude, you need thicker skin and friends with thicker skin if you or anybody you know is bothered by that phrase.
>>
>>17504522
It's not rude to let a guy down gently and then go about your business. Who is it rude to? Yourself? Certainly not men. Again there is not a man on the planet that wants or expects the friends thing.
>>
File: 1347912840443.jpg (25KB, 448x500px) Image search: [Google]
1347912840443.jpg
25KB, 448x500px
>>17504357
Nah, you kept your head high and put that bitch in her place.

I'm proud of you anon
>>
>>17504528
None, because it's not real. None of this is real. There can't be an obligation that doesn't exist.
>>
>>17504535
>It's not rude to let a guy down gently
THATS WHAT LETTING THEM DOWN GENTLY MEANS.
>>
>>17504547
That's extra shit that doesn't need to be there and nobody wants it there. The gently part is the actual rejection and how it's phrased.
>>
File: 1471907483691.jpg (44KB, 337x450px) Image search: [Google]
1471907483691.jpg
44KB, 337x450px
>>17504544
>There can't be an obligation that doesn't exist.

>Please
>Thank You
>Sir
>Ma'am
>I am sorry I hit your vehicle, I waited as long as I could. Here is my phone number and in insurance policy number, please call me when you get the chance. -Anon

>>17504556
It's part of the damn rejection.
>>
>>17504496
>She is expected to offer to be friends.
By whom? Because it's not the guy. The imaginary karma pixie?
>>
https://youtu.be/UQNpZH7ZpRo

Don't worry, there's still some hope for some of you motherfuckers in this thread.
>>
>>17504568
By western society and tradition, you obtuse fuck.
>>
File: 1472017828166.jpg (20KB, 270x349px) Image search: [Google]
1472017828166.jpg
20KB, 270x349px
>>17504357
It makes it out like you didn't even care for her as a person when attempting to go on a date with her , it's just the moral thing to do to make it look nice, she isn't actually asking you to call her later as friends you fucking retard.
>>
>>17504572
>By western society and tradition
Except it isn't because the friendzone and everything around that is pretty much a universally hated idea by men and if half the Western population hates this then where does this "tradition" come from? There is no such tradition. Nobody, men and women alike, will look down on you if you don't ask to be friends with a guy you just emotionally destroyed. Nobody, even behind your back. Stacy isn't laughing at you behind your back because you didn't ask Jamie to be friends.

There is no social obligation here if there's no consequences. Most other social etiquette have negative consequences in those situations where they're called for it, that's why they're an obligation. There is literally nobody expecting you to do this.
>>
>>17504599
>Except it isn't because the friendzone and everything around that is pretty much a universally hated idea by men
And believed in only by redditards and /r9k/.
>>
File: 1412556932222.gif (5KB, 228x236px) Image search: [Google]
1412556932222.gif
5KB, 228x236px
>>17504599
>emotionally destroyed
You're not supposed to be emotionally destroyed by being rejected you fucking absolute failure as a human being. You're literally getting incredibly, inconsolably salty at something most people take in stride a dozen times a year.

Grow the fuck up.
>>
>>17504603
>>17504608
>don't address the argument and just throw insults
Well that was easy.
>>
>>17504619
You're the idiot who can't deal with people not wanting to date you and doesn't want to act like a functional member of society. The only reason you don't care about following through with social obligations is because your parents didn't raise you right.

Seriously, if you are 'emotionally destroyed' when you get rejected, you need fucking help.
>>
>>17504625
All I hear is whining cunt and no actual points.
>>
>>17504608
It's called hyperbole, read a book.
>>
>>17504631
> if you are 'emotionally destroyed' when you get rejected, you need fucking help.
The entire basis of your argument is that the male is apparently emotionally wrecked by rejection and supposedly politeness and manners no longer apply because of that and it's okay to be rude.

This is not supposed to be the case and if it is for you, you need to check yourself.
>>
>>17504599
You seem like the type of person that loses sleep over people not using the word literally properly. Saying "just friends" when rejecting someone is just part of the process, regardless of what your definition of social obligation is. You can stay bitter about it, or realize it's really not worth getting the girl or yourself all worked up about. There's things to be bitter about. A girl's choice of words when she rejected you isn't one of them.
>>
>>17504636
Ah, the strawman. Making up a fake argument make to try and pretend like you're refuting the real point. A classic.

Like >>17504633 gracefully pointed out, it was hyperbole. Nice try though, cunt.
>>
>>17504649
>Saying "just friends" when rejecting someone is just part of the process
Really because plenty of girls don't do it and nobody thinks any less of them.
>>
>>17504650
You haven't been speaking to a female for over an hour you fucking retard. I bet your handshake fucking sucks too.
>>
>>17504357
gj OP you one upped her,
now she will paradoxically really wants to be your friend.
You should of left before she got upset to deny her the closure of having her feelings achknowledged.
>>
>>17504652
>nobody thinks any less of them.
I do, who fucking doesn't do that? You wipe your fucking shoes off on the doormat before you enter someone's home don't you?
>>
>>17504653
I never said you were a female, I called you cunt because acting like a cunt.
>>
>>17504659
I can't not act like cunts to social rejects who's parents didn't teach right from wrong. Do you even cut your grass?
>>
>>17504657
>I do, who fucking doesn't do that?
Plenty of people, it's actually quite common because human speech is a little more nuanced and varied than 3 programmed sentences like you seem to think it is. I'm sure you're constantly looking down on those who don't give the I just want to be friends speech.

Just stop. It's over.
>>
>>17504357
>Am I an asshole?
That depends. Were you upfront about your feelings and intentions from the very beginning? Then no, you are not an asshole. Have you been leading her on for an extended period if time, pretending to be a friend but secretly wanting more? Then yes, you are an asshole.

You could use some work on your tact in any event, though.
>>
>>17504404
Holy shit, is this the mind of a bipolar or borderline personality disorder person off their meds?
>>
>>17504666
It is never okay to turn down a friendship, that is the fucking point. You don't say no to someone's face when they say that. It's rude, there are very few legitimate reasons to not want to be friends with someone and it not be due to some flaw of theirs. You will be drawing attention to the fact you have found a flaw in them if you say no. This is why you say 'sure', or 'I'll keep it in mind'. I'm not trying to say they're always supposed to offer 100% of the time, but you pissed me off enough to start saying that by implying you don't have to use tact to turn it down without rejecting them in turn especially if you were the one to ask them out in the first place which just calls your intentions into question in the first place.

Good night.
>>
Why would you ask someone out that you wouldn't be friends with
That doesn't make any sense whatsoever
>>
>>17504683
totally wrong, it is 100% okay to turn down anyone's friendship for whatever reason.

you absolutely have the right to not be bothered and not involved.
>>
>>17504683
>It is never okay to turn down a friendship
Yes it is. The rest of your post is retarded.
>>
>>17504677
I don't think a borderline person would have the presence of mind to doubt that that was what "really went down." They'd insist that was exactly what happened.
>>
>>17504693
Being friends with someone you have feelings for is stupid. Especially if they're aware of it. That brings a huge level of awkwardness and imbalance to the friendship.
>>
>>17504693
Why would you want to be friends with someone you're romantically attracted to but you know you'll never be with?

That makes even less sense.
>>
>>17504718
The solution is to not get romantically attracted to every girl that shows you the slightest bit of attention. You pretty much brought all of this on yourself, move on with your life and stop caring if some girl thinks you're an asshole.
>>
>>17504728
>The solution is to not get romantically attracted to every girl that shows you the slightest bit of attention. You pretty much brought all of this on yourself
I like how made up a narrative in your head to try and put this guy down.
>>
>>17504736
How did I make up a narrative? OP asked out a girl that didn't reciprocate his feelings. That's entirely his fault. Don't ask out girls if you're not sure they like you back. It's as simple as that.
>>
>>17504728
There's a whole lot of assumptions you just made with that post. I'm not OP in case you're wondering.

I'm okay with being friends with girls I'm not at all attracted to.
>>
>>17504693
>Why would you ask someone out that you wouldn't be friends with
It's not a matter of wouldn't, it's a matter of shouldn't. You shouldn't be friends with a girl you've asked out and got rejected. Good friendships rarely sprout from that.
>>
>>17504746
>How did I make up a narrative?

>The solution is to not get romantically attracted to every girl that shows you the slightest bit of attention
This entire bit is pretty much made up in your head.
>>
>>17504748
This. Most of the time it's just a girl leading a guy around on a leash giving him some vague hope and taking advantage of him.
>>
>>17504753
Nice, going to explain why or are you going to keep saying that over and over?
>>
dude you the man. You did kind of dampen your chance of getting with her later though. Now just be completely neutral toward her. If shes crazy the friendship rejection might drive her back to you and you could possibly get some action but then you would know shes crazy so leave it. If she just fucks off completely then alright, find a new girl theres a billion of em.
>>
>>17504765
There's nothing to explain, there's no argument here. OP hasn't said these things so you're making it up, What is there to explain?
>>
The fact that girls here are so mad that a boy won't let them string him along hoping to get her affections says enough about them lol
>>
>>17504683
you don't owe anyone friendship and company, you're a doormat dude lol
>>
>>17504785
I think he's saying don't friendship reject them upright. Just say "yeah I'll think about it" or something then never speak to them again, this way she doesn't react as negatively.
>>
>>17504797
but it's not your responsibility to make others feel better, you can be honest about your intentions of wanting to separate and there's nothing wrong with that
>>
>>17504804
That's true, but OP is asking if he's being an asshole so he seems worried about hurting her feelings, so he probably should have been less blunt about it.
>>
>>17504821
looks like you fell for it, dude obviously doesn't give a shit, he just wants to look concerned, not that he did anything wrong
>>
>>17504838
Right, he wants to save face, in which case he should have played the part pretended to be nice. So being less blunt about it would have worked either way.
>>
>>17504667
>Were you upfront about your feelings and intentions from the very beginning?
Absolutely. I don't believe in the whole "be friends then hopefully date later" thing. It can happen, I've seen it happen, but it's unlikely to happen so I would never try among other issues. There was never an illusion of a deeper friendship.

>>17504728
>The solution is to not get romantically attracted to every girl that shows you the slightest bit of attention
Not even me but, I'm not? I'm friends several girls, in fact that's how I know this girl, she's a friend of a friend. Which is why I care that she thinks I'm an asshole because she's not a random girl. This is going to spread into my social circle and hurt me socially. If she was just a random girl off the street then I wouldn't care but this going to affect my life in some way so I'm trying to understand it and if I'm wrong then I'll apologize. So far it seems I'm right though.

Also just to address that stupid argument
Firstly, I don't care if a girl makes the "I just want to be friends" speech. This isn't the first time I've encountered this and it won't be the last. I have a problem with throwing a hissyfit because you said no though. It's the same with guys who get upset when you ask a girl out and get mad when you get rejected. Don't ask if you're not ready for the alternative answer. I'm sure a lot of girls would agree with that so I don't see why this is so farfetched. I'm legitimately trying to understand the justification for it but nothing makes any sense besides "I'm a girl so I can do whatever because I'm the girl." Secondly, I don't care that she rejected me and I didn't reject her friendship to get a last gotcha. I've literally done this several times and I've rejected girls who wanted to be friends before and most of the time it ended right there. This is a first.
>>
>>17504853
So you mean PRAGMATICALLY do that, then you're right
>>
>>17504859
This is because women feel that boys owe them company and attention no matter what the girl does to them, she's obviously a narcissist cunt bro, you dodged a bullet
>>
Don't listen to all these cucks OP, you did the right thing. Being honest is more important than being """nice"""
>>
File: 1456495631804.jpg (13KB, 306x325px) Image search: [Google]
1456495631804.jpg
13KB, 306x325px
>>17504357
It depends on the situation op.
I asked a few girls out and they said no but they did it in an asshole way.
For instance,
I asked girl A out and she said I had to wait for an answer. I waited two weeks all the while her asking me to get her cigarettes and drink which I didn't. Then she told me she was going out with someone the entire time I waited.
I never spoke to her again.
If a girl is a cunt about it don't bother trying to be friends. If she isn't being a cunt about rejection be her friend but stay distant.
>>
>>17504404
Horseshit. It's incredibly obvious when a guy wants to court a girl. And it's incredibly one sided when they settle for "friendship"
>>
>>17505327
Girls think it's the man that's the asshole if he doesn't please her in hopes of getting laid.
>>
Women make annoying, shitty friends. Thats why you can't even stand each other. I tried that road before after asking a girl out and she said lets be friends. A few months later she was telling me about some guy she was sleeping with. Thats when I said fuck off with that shit. Never again.
>>
So, you litterally walked in there and were like, "Hay bb, wan sum fuk?"

She goes, "no.no fuk fuk. me friend."

So you reply with, "no i don't need any thnaks" and 325 moonwalked the fuck out?

Holy shit.
You wonder why she was upset.

You might have well just said, "Bitch, the pussy game ain't that mad. Forget it, I'm out home-burrito."
>>
>>17504357
I don't think so. maybe the wording could have been a bit better, but I honestly can't say my choice of words would have been much better. grace in the face of disappointment is an art. if you're still learning it, it just means you're still learning. doesn't mean you're an asshole.
>>
No, you're right in not trying to be her friend. You'd just feel miserable.

Like other anons are saying, she might just be bad because you actually said it. There's no objective best answer for whether you were right in being honest because some people prefer honesty while others prefer being treated delicately.
>>
>>17504357
Yes.

If you didn't want to be her friend what makes you think a relationship would work out?
>>
Rejecting a "let's just be friends" is fine.

Don't listen to the pussies. It isn't good for you to hang around moping and it isn't good for her either.

If you don't want to be friends, it's your prerogative just like it's her prerogative to not date you.
>>
>>17505633
You are assuming too much.

It could be that OP doesn't think a friendship will work out with this girl because his feelings will linger. It could also just hurt too much.

You're not an asshole OP
>>
>>17504357
You did the right thing, good job, anon.
>>
>>17505633
>If you didn't want to be her friend what makes you think a relationship would work out?
>>17504748
>>
You're well within your rights, you just were a little awkward about handling it. "I'll pass" sounds like you don't think her company is worthwhile if you can't stick it in. You should've said that you didn't think it was a good idea because you had feelings (or were afraid that they'd develop in time), regardless of whether or not that's true.
>>
She rejected you, so you rejected her back. She didn't like it like a little pussy so she gets to find out how you feel too, if she's not a moron and can actually empathise.
>>
>>17504357

idiot, this is your chance to be smooth

say something like "i like you too much to just be friends, sorry"

she will immediately regret her decision and jump on your cock

instead you sounded like a hurt wanker
>>
>>17504357
You are not an asshole. At least you were honest and besides "lets be friends instead" is mega retarded. Some people are not "friend" material. You did what I would have done. She's the idiot for getting upset about a rejection, you acted like the higher person.
>>
>>17504357
Should have been like sure, ill add you on facebook. sometime in the future she would have probably been down if she got to know you more.
>>
>>17504488
the reason why girsl just want to be friends is because they have to many guys hitting them up and they have options. He just didnt have enough investment from the girl to do such a thing.
>>
>>17504498
Honesty woman do it all the time because they just didn't have time to invest in you personally. so coming out blunt with your feelings is a yes or no on the spot thing.
>>
>>17504391
You're right and being a man about it but she is embarrassed about "letting you off easy" but getting egg in her face bc of it. Anyone who tells you anything about you being "wrong" is a little bitch and just ignore them, you might even pick up some females in the same cicrcle if they happen to find out about it bc you are the one being straight forward and adult
>>
>>17504394
This is all childish bullshit though. No one wants to here that shit Op was keeping it real and being cool about it ,imp. I've done the same thing
>>
>>17504496
>you have an obligation to "play nice" just bc
Fuck you pussy. Op seems chill as a cucumber and you and the girl are gettin hyped for nothing, you are type of women that raises Elliot Rogers of the world
Thread posts: 127
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.