[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A while ago I posted about considering leaving my religion and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: b-cdissonance.png (15KB, 300x217px) Image search: [Google]
b-cdissonance.png
15KB, 300x217px
A while ago I posted about considering leaving my religion and how to do it.

I became convinced enough to leave. The thing is...I don't think they're aware I've left yet???

I haven't attended in 5 weeks (if not 6) and people still think I'm there and have started messaging me and texting me. For now, I've just been avoiding these. It's utterly confusing and while I feel like we should "rip off the band-aid" I'm not interested in meeting with these people and having a conversation that is almost certainly going to be one-sidedly emotional and entirely unreasonable. Long and short of it is, while I have my reasons for leaving, I don't feel like I should have to give them a reason at all. It's something I have control over, so I should only have to answer to myself.
Some people have also left, and they met with members to discuss it/sent a letter detailing it, but their experiences have told me of a severe fallout and shitstorm afterwards. People start hating them, calling them an enemy, start airing out dirty laundry within the community, some have even filed lawsuits, and it's just not something I need, especially since again, a family member of mine is still in the religion.

For all intents and purposes, I'd like to just disappear. When people ask each other about me, I'd like the conversation to go "Oh him? He left" "Oh" and nothing else. My interaction with this community is over.
>>
just 'ghost' - don't reply, for sure don't meet with them, just go do other stuff.

Mormon?
>>
>>17504278
This here.

Keep in contact with the people that matter and don't bother responding to the rest. If you don't give them ammunition, they have nothing to use against you. Don't JADE (justify, argue, defend, explain) because nothing you say will be acceptable.
>>
>>17504278
Damn, I didn't save the old thread, but a lot of people thought I was. Naw, just a different kinda cult except it used the Bible.
>>
>>17504278
>>17504283

All right then. It's not entirely avoidable though. A few members take classes with me.

But since they're my age, I feel like they'll back off immediately once I tell them I won't be there.

Or am I mistaken?
>>
>>17504330
Some may, some may not. Just don't disclose the reasons so that they'll just wonder what's going on instead of immediately trying to hurt you.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.