[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone know a way to make suicidal thoughts go away quickly?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (75KB, 1000x556px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75KB, 1000x556px
Does anyone know a way to make suicidal thoughts go away quickly?
All of a sudden, something will set me off, then I'll have a desire to hang myself. It's not the committing suicide itself that I'm worried about, but rather I quickly get depressed afterwards.

Note that I've only been diagnosed with Major Depressive Disorder.
>>
File: 1470776600862.jpg (12KB, 474x473px) Image search: [Google]
1470776600862.jpg
12KB, 474x473px
>>17504204

>Note that I've only been diagnosed with Major Depressive Disorder

Nice meme, but ''depression'' been proven to be a big myth invented by grown babies who cant take anything in life.
>>
>>17504210
How so?
>>
>>17504210
>been proven to be a big myth
Gonna need a citation on that.

>Also, guy who never had depression.

OP want to talk about it? Hit me on e-mail on [email protected] to chat, I'm going to sleep soon, but have a half an hour to talk, if you'd be willing to.
>>
I used to bash my skull against concrete in college when I wanted to hang myself. After awhile you get a concussion and its harder to think which was the only solution I could come up with when my meds and therapy didnt work. These days I just wander around feeling constantly numb and doing what I feel someone my age is supposed to do (exercise, save money, fuck, take care of family). It honestly doesn't get better it just stops being anything
>>
>>17504210
>>17504212
Nevermind. I don't really care what you call my affliction. I'm just looking for a way to stop these thoughts that doesn't involve tying a noose around my neck.
>>
>>17504220
Just because you haven't found a way doesn't mean there isn't a way. Keep on searching.
>>
Try to rationally approach all the reasons you have to live. Not for other people, but yourself. Yeah if suicide is an actual concern for you, hedge your bets and include the others too. But I'm talking about all the tiny things you enjoy in life that wouldn't actually be reason enough to dissuade you. A webcomic you like reading, a book, the way showers feel, relaxing in bed, video games, Christmas- whatever it is you like, think about it. Talk to someone (online, if you have to) about something good from that list in depth, and if it comes up or you feel it needs to whatever's got you feeling down too. Go out for a walk, get your head physically out of it by forcing yourself to be busy experiencing life instead of ruminating.

Try all of them, some will work for you sometimes, others will work better at other times.
>>
>>17504227
If you are willing to put in the time meditation works well. I didn't get far into it because what I wanted was at the front.
>sit
>focus on the feeling of air coming in and out of your nose
>when you lose interest in a thought start focusing on your breathing or some part of your body
Kind of mimics that state of mind when you get punched and all you can do is think in physical actions instead of words
>>
File: 1462846753176.png (2MB, 1336x1348px) Image search: [Google]
1462846753176.png
2MB, 1336x1348px
>>17504204
i got rid of them recently, it's difficult and it can take a lot of time depending on where or how you live

i think the key is getting friends, real friends that actually share your interest and and what to hang out with you

in my old city i never found anyone that was like me but i recently started living alone in a new city and in my new school almost everyone tirned out to be from outside

we all started talking and it turns out we werw all depressed as fuck in our old cities, now we hang out together and do a lot of cool projetcs so my life is no longer boring and now i don't even have time to think about suicide because im happy doing fun stuff with all my new friends

so first find something to be passionate about, and then find people who is passionate about the same thing

that's all i can say im not sure if it will work but it worked for me
>>
>>17504220
Well I'd rather not do that. My life isn't really in danger. It's more like a sign that I'm going to get depressed quickly.
>>
>>17504204
I once went through the whole process of what happened when i would have killed myself. In the end i realised that i wouldnt care avout myself but about the impact on others, starting with family and friends and ending with the stranger who will have to clean up that mess. Found out that suicide is some fucking selfish dick move in the end cause you just pass your pain to other people instead of solving it
Also i figured out that not only bad things are inevitable, theres also a lot of good and awesome shit which will happen to you and there is absolutely nothing you can do against that. Realizing that really helped me
>>
>>17504248
Rereading my post here and it sounds really cheesy but its the way it is
>>
>>17504217
Okay. Let me know if you got my message.
>>
>>17504248
>>17504252
Not OP. But anon, you having suicidal thoughts is a clear sign that something is seriously wrong in the first place. A well adjusted, well brought up human being should not have suicidal thoughts. There is a big issues and you just fight with the symptoms by stressing yourself even more by puting yourself in a position of blame. You should live for yourself, living for your family, others is just a gateway to life of suffering and you know it.

And for fucks sake suicide is NOT a selfish move and everyone who acts entitles to other persons life is a selfish dick. If someone close to me took their life and I want to blame THEM (suicide victim) I am a piece of shit to feel entitled to them being alive, to want them to suffer in silence so I can just continue with my existence not troubled by pity for my close one.
>>
>>17504242
I have had a bit of experience with that. Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but it always takes energy out of me, like a workout. Unfortunately by the time I start feeling these thoughts I get really lethargic. That prevents me from doing a lot of things, and that's why I want to stop these thoughts ASAP.
>>
>>17504246
Alright i've been in that position before as well. Kind of seeing the problem approaching in the distance right? Heres some shit that you should be capable of doing to help clear your mind while you figure out what the problem is.
>walking-jogging for 20-30 minutes. Exercise in general helps boost your mood
>Check diet and make sure your intake isn't raw shit or lopsided
>lay off depressant consumption. Beer, cheap drugs, and fast food
>Sleep minimum 8 hours and get into bed at the exact same time nightly.
>Find some social outlet internet chatroom, family, friends, small talking in grocery store
>google some basic meditation it looks like cringy shit but theres something to it
>>
>>17504263
Nah i mean i would ofc never blame others for killing themselves but i coulndt forgive myself if id do so cause id hurt people i care about. Idk how to describe it, it wouldnt be a dick move if others would do it but it would be if I'd do it. Idk how my brain works
>>
>>17504270
I've haven't worked out for almost two years. I used to be a very succesful athelete, actually, until my depression came in college. Now I feel ashamed and aprehensive to come back.
>>
>>17504248
Guilt doesn't work to survive on. Problem with depression is its like drinking beer 24/7 you get this massive tolerance while also feeling like a sack of shit. So one year you feel fucking awful for thinking about suicide because family, god, heaven/hell, friends, and your job. Then you ask for help and notice that all these being nice to you and shit doesn't feel like anything at all so you feel guilty about that. But then you dont feel anything its just empty and you are mimicing emotions because thats what you think you should be doing. Then you stop caring about that as well, you just sit inside not moving for hours thinking about the painful feeling in your gut as you need to shit and cycling the thoughts on how long you have been sitting and if you are even awake right now.
>>
OP here. I failed to make it clear that I'm not actually in danger of killing myself. It's just a tried and true sign that I'm going to be depressed and useless for a while, like the water receding before a tsunami.
I literally can't afford that right now. I have to make rent.
>>
>>17504273
I know exacly what you are talking about. It's perfectly clear. I just want to warn you, that it is one of PITFALLS that you may fall into, in the long run it will most likely bring you only more misery. You must get into the reason why you have suicidal thoughts in the first place. If you want to explore that idea I already posted my e-mail earlier. Hit me. I am going to sleep now but will try to respond as soon as possible.

Take care, anon and don't be hard on yourself. You deserve to live, you deserve to have everything you are willing to fight for.
>>
>>17504276
Thats natural for former athletes you feel like you lost the right or some shit right? Dealing with your original issues can help but you are still going to need to do the action exercise to get over your shame. Programs like starting strength and couch to 5k are fast ways of getting back into the game and getting organized.
>>
>>17504318
That sounds like an idea. I also have off season groups that I've blown off despite their wanting to see me. I kind of want to do this on my own, since I don't want anyone to see me out of shape. I've considered talking to /fit/, but desite my success I was never better than "ottermode," and I don't want a bunch of bitter channers criticising my habits.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.