[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was fat until I got the job I'm at now. In the last 8

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1278155073662.gif (2MB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
1278155073662.gif
2MB, 300x400px
I was fat until I got the job I'm at now. In the last 8 months, I've dropped somewhere between 50 and 60 lbs. I'm still not "in shape," but apparently I'm not allowed to refer to myself as a fat guy at work anymore.

Anyway, the problem is, I suffered a workplace injury and now have to wear a CAM boot for the next month, with the doctor's orders being to be on light duty and not to lift more than ten pounds. If the CAM boot doesn't fix the issue by next month, there's apparently a pretty intense surgery involved, and I'll be on crutches and unable to walk normally for six months to a year.

So my question is, how do I not put back on all the weight I've accidentally lost? I'm apparently less gross now, and sitting on my ass for a month, or worse, for an entire year, isn't going to do me any favors.
>>
>>17502137
Watch what you eat.
Work out in the water (ask your doctor)
>>
>>17502161
>Work out in the water
Is that actually a thing? Because I remember reading somewhere that some olympic athletes run laps in a swimming pool, since it gives them a full-body workout, but I didn't know that regular jackoffs like me could do that.

And it would have to be running laps and not swimming laps, because I can't swim.
>>
>>17502137
go ask /fit/. they'll tell you to read the sticky, so before you ask them, read the sticky.
it will tell you that all you can do right now is fixing your diet, the rest will have to wait until you're out of crutches.

>The following info is just basic advice that you probably already know, if you've looked into dieting
Run the numbers on swole.me, get on a maintenance (or slight loss) diet, healing while losing weight is a bad idea.
Qualitatively, you should try to follow a mediterranean diet, eating a lot of veggies and legumes. You won't need any supplement, if you really want some go for Vitamin D.
If you do this, remember to avoid the 2 dieting pitfalls:
>eating something without counting the calories
>eating something and counting less calories than it was
and you'll do great.
>>
>>17502165
You do know that gravity is different in the water right? Thus not damaging your joints with heavy weight. Your body becomes lighter. That's why doctors usually recommend it

But I don't knoe if it will work since you don't swim.
However I wish you good luck
>>
>>17502165
>but I didn't know that regular jackoffs like me could do that.
I do that in the sea with out-of-shape people that want to come hiking. Not the full-immersion running, that would take extra equipment, but water-to-the-chest running.
It's a good workout.
>>
>>17502181
I live too far from the ocean for that to be feasible. But I'm going to look into exercising in a pool. Especially since it's summer and hot as balls.

Obviously I'll ask my doctor first.
>>
My grandpa had several knee surgeries and used to walk laps in the pool to stay in shape and strengthen his knees.
>>
>>17502165
>I can't swim
You can't swim because of the injury, or you can't swim in general?

If the latter, this seems like the perfect opportunity to learn. It's stupidly easy to learn the basics.
>>
>>17502195
I drowned once when I was about six and then almost drowned once when I was 18. Actually, even thinking about jogging in a pool right now is making me feel a bit queasy.
>>
>>17502137
Eat a third of what you're eating.

Stick to natural whole grains. Stay away from anything processed.

Stay away from fried foods

Olive oil is good for you but don't abuse it, it's an oil after all
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.