[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Met this girl, got her number, we're supposed to go out.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 130915612248.png (62KB, 255x255px) Image search: [Google]
130915612248.png
62KB, 255x255px
Met this girl, got her number, we're supposed to go out. My friends Facebook stalked her and showed me her profile, and it's a bit, well "red flag" is probably not the best choice of words, but it looks like we might not have much in common. She seems to be deeply conservative and religious, and I'm not really either of those things, and her taste in movies in kind of crap. Admittedly, that last one is a bit pettier than the other thing.

However, she seems to like me, which has almost never happened. At the very least, she likes me enough to have given me her number and agreed to go out.

On the one hand, if her religion and politics are as important to her as her profile make it seem, then there will probably be issues a bit later on down the line if/when those things come up. But, on the other hand, she seems to like me at least well enough to agree to go out, and it's not like I'm realistically going to find anyone else.

Which I admit is kind of a shitty line of thinking, and it makes me feel kind of guilty for thinking it. Like it's not fair to go out if that's what I'm thinking.

What should I do? I mean, besides the obvious advice I'll get to kill myself. That's a given.
>>
She is not her fucking facebook profile!
Talk to her, go on a date, get to know each other. You're overthinking this.
>>
>>17502056
>She is not her fucking facebook profile!
I don't have a Facebook, so I'll admit I don't know exactly how it works, but I was under the impression that Facebook profiles were created by the person and not randomly generated or assigned.
>>
>what should i do

stop being a retard, for starters.

if you want to get to know her, talk to her, don't stalk her on facebook. That's the problem with you millennials, you gotta look up everything instead of just trying it out for yourself.

maybe hang out for like 5 minutes and if you still aren't impressed, then you can leave it. but facebook doesn't mean jack shit
>>
>>17502067
>That's the problem with you millennials
Nigger, I'm 31. If I'm considered a millennial, then I'm almost certain you are too.

While I'm opening up this grab bag of crazy and retardation, I may as well post the other thing that's bothering me: why is she even agreeing to go out at all? I feel a bit Groucho Marx about it; reluctant to go out with whatever weirdo would have me. Like I said, I'm in my 30s, and in that time I have been in two relationships: once while in high school that lasted almost all of my senior year, and then once when I was 27, with a girl who only dated me because she knew nobody else would want to.

Incidentally, it makes me feel so great to be asking relationship advice from a board composed almost entirely of people between the ages of 14-21.
>>
>>17502063
90% of the things written on those profiles are utter garbage. It's only purpose it attention whoring.
To conclude anything about the character of a person from one of those profiles, is simply retarded.

>>17502075
You asked for advice here. Take it or leave it!
>>
>>17502082
I did ask for advice. I guess what I'm really looking for is an opportunity to redo the last fifteen years.
>>
>>17502104
I know how hard it is to look back and not be pleased with what you see.
But it's more important to focus on the present, because that's the only thing you can change.
>>
>>17502127
In a lot of ways, the present is defined by the past, though.

I know I'm overthinking it, since it's just one date, but the goal or at least the hope is that it will lead to something else, isn't it?

I don't know how to be a boyfriend/partner/etc. The last girl I dated was only with me because she had issues with sex; issues that ruined her other relationships, and she was only with me because she knew that potentially not having sex wouldn't be a dealbreaker for me, since it's not like anyone else would want to date me. As soon as she got over her sexual hangups, she cheated on me with her coworker and dumped me. It's hard not to take a lesson from that.

This thread is very quickly spiraling out of control. I apologize. I get morose when I've been drinking.
>>
>>17502160
>the goal or at least the hope is that it will lead to something else, isn't it?

No, not necessarily. It took me a whole lot time to understand this, but dating / going out is about having fun, doing something with a (potentially) interesting person, getting to know each other and be curious about what the other person has to say. If you two are fine with each others presence, then you can look further, but it's absolutely ok to not want to see this person again (and often times, this will be the case).
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.