[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /adv/ I'm 18 and I had an abortion 4 months ago. I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Hi /adv/
I'm 18 and I had an abortion 4 months ago. I've never felt worse about anything in my entire life. Every day brings an onslaught of guilt, depression, sadness, wondering what could have been, and deep, deep grief.
I don't necessarily regret it because at the time, I was with my boyfriend who didn't treat me very well at all (who I very recently broke up with). He lied to me about him being sterile, promised me there was 0 chance of getting pregnant, repeatedly pressured me into having unprotected sex, took advantage of my vulnerability (I've been seriously depressed and lonely for a long time now, which I think is why I was with him in the first place), even got mad at me for falling asleep in the car on the way back from the clinic because "then he didn't have anyone to talk to while he drove".
He was not a good person, and if I'd had kept the baby, he would've been in my life forever. But that doesn't prevent me from just feeling so utterly heartbroken by the decision I made. It just made me slip even deeper into sadness. I don't really know what I'm expecting from you guys, but right now I feel so alone-- no friends, no more boyfriend, no child-- and I guess I just needed to tell someone to get it off my back. Living with something like this is something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.
>>
>>17501442
My only advice before every Tom, Dick, and Jane comes in to berate and judge you is the following: dump your boyfriend; seek therapy (It really does help); seek forgiveness. I'm not sure how to explain that last one, but in certain religious tradition there are ways to atone for the things we have done for which we feel shame. I'm not saying to palm whatever it is off on some religious plane, but rather there might be some healing in it for you depending upon what you seek. I wish I could offer some sort of advice to take away your agony or that I could offer some sort of consolation to ease your hurt.

I'm sorry for your loss. I'm sorry that you were deceived. I'm sorry that you were used and hurt by someone you trusted. You will heal. You're not alone. If that's any consolation...many, many girls and women have had abortions. Many of them didn't want to or were forced to. Perhaps look into a support group of women who meet that have survived a shitty boyfriend/husband and have had an abortion that they regret.

Good luck, OP.
>>
Well at least you avoided what might have been a life-ruining relationship. You're also setting up a future child to succeed, even if the fetus had to go at the expense of that. But hey, the morality of it, setting aside money or love or duty, that's between you and your God, and you're not going to come to terms with it by people telling you how you're supposed to feel.
>>
>>17501442
I'm sorry those type of guys don't deserve people like you.

I say fuck him your better off without him(your bf) as for the abortion everyone has the right to choose there own paths in life and weather this was the right one is not for me to decide.

You sound like a like a cool person good luck with life
>>
>>17501473
>>17501458
I've been praying so much and asking for forgiveness, but it doesn't feel as if much is getting better. I'm still as lonely as I've ever been, and I'm so scared that I'll never be able to move on from this, because right now it doesn't feel like I ever will. I'm so filled with anger and contempt towards my ex and sadness and guilt towards my baby. I'm going to see a therapist next week and I'll keep asking God for deliverance. Thank you guys
>>
>>17501442
The only thing that will make you feel better is time. This will hurt for awhile both your disappointment in your relationship and making a very difficult decision. My immediate advice would be to find a counselor or someone you can trust.
>>
>>17501442
As shitty as it all feels you absolutely made the right choice for the health of yourself and whatever baby you may raise or give birth to in the future.
>>
>>17501442
Not sure every woman that demands choice or wants to use abortion as a contraceptive realizes what happens in the aftermath. It is a personal choice however.

I did the same OP at 19 and you describe how I felt afterwards word for word. I still feel remorse for the unborn child but also know my life would have been very different tied to the father for life and likely a living hell. I ultimately met (fortunately I took things very slow and didn't fall into another bad relationship though there were plenty of chances) and fell in love with a wonderful person, married and have two healthy children and I fill full. The emptiness left.
>>
>>17501488
She shouldn't fuck him.
If she does, she should at least use protection!
>>
>>17501442
Learn from this mistake.
Seek some help op. Good luck.
>>
>>17501442
You're a fucking whore. You're living life on easy mode. Die you fucking cunt.
>>
Sadly this is something better done personayl but here's a virtual bear hug.

Everything is all right <3
>>
You will be okay in time, but its okay to be sad right now. Praying never did anyone any good, but positive thinking and changing your life for the better will. Hit the gym(just cause endorphins and health), visualize what kind of person you want to be with and dont settle for less next time.
>>
>>17501489
Your child is in a better place.
Give them a name and honor their memory.
Your kid wants you to move on and be happy. They arent mad at you for what you did.

Dont trust people so readily next time, and get on birth control or refuse instead of making stupid choices.

quit being so desperate and straighten yourself out before you cling to the first man who says you're pretty.
>>
>>17501442
1. Never fall under peer pressure; stand for what you believe.
2. Stand your ground, SPECIALLY if you are vulnerable; that's when you are most likely to spin in a vicious cycle.
3. Accept what happened, know that it will mark you forever and move on; we learn history for the future after all.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.