[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to start regularly drinking to get away from my depression,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: alcowojak.jpg (7KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
alcowojak.jpg
7KB, 200x200px
I want to start regularly drinking to get away from my depression, if for just a few hours. Is there anyway to do this without becoming an addict?

I'm also taking antidepressants if that matters, I know they make the effects of alcohol stronger.
>>
I did it.

Don't.
>>
>>17500252
Drinking won't help your depression at all. Please trust me, it's going to make everything in your life worse
>>
>>17500252
>>17500263
>>17500287
Marijuana or beating your kids or wife is a better answer than alcohol. Alcohol will ruin you for the rest of your life even if you think you can "quit" alcohol.

Don't do it anon. Alcohol addiction is more life ruining than anything else.
>>
>>17500263
Elaborate.

>>17500287
I've pretty much lost hope that anything will change, I'm just looking for something to smoothe the journey (can't kms unfortunately).

Though I suppose that long-term it probably will make things worse. I was just wondering if there's any way to use it "responsibly", without getting to the point where you rely on it to get you through the day.
>>
>using a depressant
>to combat depression

Welp, good luck with that, OP
>>
>>17500252
try benzos but not more than 3 times a week. more fun
>>
>>17500293
>>17500301
I'm a shut-in, I pretty much only go to work and the grocery store, I don't even know where I could get weed. I suppose I could look into it though.

>>17500303
I think they're prescription only in the UK. And again, I don't really know any drug dealers.
>>
>>17500297
OP you literally described it as something you would use to get through the day, and you are struggling to do so without it. There is absolutely no way to use alcohol to remedy depression in a way that is responsible and prevents inevitable addiction.
>>
>>17500310
get a script if youre already dealing with depression and take an ssri
>>
>>17500310
Just go to drug hookup threads on /b/. Worst case scenario you die and it doesn't sound like you'd be totally opposed to that as per even thinking about alcohol to remedy chronic depression.

Just smoke some weed and eventually you'll make friends. Improve your quality of life. Join a gym and force yourself to live the lie of enjoying high protein food and weights. Get some douches friends and get blown by just looking at girls.

You could completely and totally reinvent yourself. just do something other than alcohol, heroin or meth
>>
>>17500311
I was thinking of it more along the lines of getting drunk AFTER work. I've heard from alcoholics that day drinking to actually get through your day is a sure fire way to get addicted.

>>17500319
I'm already taking an SSRI, mentioned in my original post.

>>17500320
>smoking weed
Might try it. Weed seems to be a better alternative than alcohol.

>join a gym
I've been working out for 4-5 years now and I look decent, I actually get compliments every now and then.

>heroin and meth
Definitely not touching those.
>>
>>17500252
>I'm also taking antidepressants if that matters
Sounds like you need some new antidepressants.
>>
>>17500252
>Is there anyway to do this without becoming an addict?
No.
An alcohol addiction is also harder to kick than fucking cocaine, let that sink in before you try anything.
>>
Don't.
>>
Speaking from personal experience I strongly recommend against drinking to ease your way through depression. I'm not gonna tell you to do it because at the end of the day that's really up to you. Alcohol will only make you feel worse about yourself. Think about always having to deal with hangover. When it all boils down to it drink just isn't worth it, it's just a shitty drug in general. You said yourself that you want something to make depression more bearable, booze is guaranteed to make you feel worse. What part of the UK do you live in? It's not that hard to find weed anywhere you go.
>>
File: isisflag.png (9KB, 275x206px) Image search: [Google]
isisflag.png
9KB, 275x206px
>>17500913
what are you talking about?--- alcohol is the basis of the working class capitalist society. How else can we cope with long working hours for low pay with just the promis that if we are "talented" or "insert stupid stuf here" we're gonna make it "BIG"
that being saif, any addiction sucks. Easy to start, maybe impossible to quit.
>>
>>17500252
Same except with drugs.
Escapism is very tempting...
>>
Alcohol is a depressant bro.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.