[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you ever feel like your life is sort of moving in one direction

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1451498523227.jpg (182KB, 786x800px) Image search: [Google]
1451498523227.jpg
182KB, 786x800px
Do you ever feel like your life is sort of moving in one direction and you're powerless to stop it

I feel like I'm setting down on a career path that pays well but I will ultimately find unfulfilling in the long-term. I'm not pursuing "my dreams", but I am doing something that will give me independence and allow me to stop being a despised NEET.

I'm just torn. If I do what I really want to do, I may never succeed and will have thrown away a good career. If I go with the flow, I'll have the good career but always have doubts as to whether I made the right decision.

How do I deal with this?
>>
More specifics needed.
>>
>>17499663

I'm going to develop software for a big bank, but I want to make vidya.
>>
>>17499674
>but I want to make vidya.
In what capacity?
>>
>>17499657

what are your dreams?

honestly i moved to los angeles to be a television producer, but now im just managing an office in an unrelated field. i enjoy my job, but it doesn't fulfill me'.

however i have plenty of time to make web series and such on the side and that does fulfill me. my dream doesnt have to be my job apparently.

there is a trade off though. i dont do anything more than casual dating, cuz having to see someone more than twice a week woudl leave less time for working on said dreams. but thats okay, cuz being in a relationship never fulfills me.

pick the lesser of 12 evils and go for it OP.
>>
>>17499681

I mean ideally I'd like to design games and program them, and have some partners doing art and whatnot, but it would take months or years to learn properly and even then my chance of succeeding and subsisting off it is slim, and i'm getting to the age where not being financially independent is starting to look pretty bad.

Another option would be to try to work as a game programmer for a larger company, it would be sort of a compromise , but even that will require me to put a lot of work into learning the skills and developing a portfolio and I don't know if its even worth it when I could just focus on where i'm currently headed (bank) and try to excel at that

I just dont know
>>
>>17499702

go indie, and stop worrying about money.

the people who made pokemon uranium spent 9 years on it. i spent 8 years making six new episodes of sailor moon.

the people who enjoy their passiosn dont need money to do them. its intrinsic to who they are.

if it will truly make you happy, it can be what you do when you are not at work.
>>
>>17499686

do you work full time and then do your web series on the side? I don't know if I have the energy for that.. after 8 hours of work I just want to lie on the couch and shitpost. I think I have maybe 5 or 6 really productive hours a day at max.
>>
>>17499712

then you arent motivated enough to make games even if you were getting paid. art is never 9 to 5, and when you combine math with it (re: video games) you lose that.

you have a choice. be lazy or be happy.
>>
>>17499711
>stop worrying about money.

how can you stop worrying when people treat you like a piece of shit for not making enough to support yourself ? Or do you just mean stop worrying about having /a lot/ of money?
>>
>>17499716

what i meant was, stop worrying about making money from THAT.

you should be making enough money to support yourself, yes. but your dream doesn't have to be income.
>>
>>17499715
its not really about willpower or motivation. After staring at a screen for 8 hours writing code your productivity plummets and you can't think straight anymore.
>>
>>17499720

speak for yourself, and only yourself. ive spent morning to night working on a single clip, not even taking time out of the day to eat until right before bed.

you are lazy (in this context). so you have a choice: to push yourself, or to give up. but dont whine about how its so hard to have a job and a hobby.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.