[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm starting to think I'll never be happy. When I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1393126988836.jpg (39KB, 639x361px) Image search: [Google]
1393126988836.jpg
39KB, 639x361px
I'm starting to think I'll never be happy.

When I was fat, I worked out and ate right and I got skinny and I wasn't happy.
When I was kissless handholdless virgin, I got a gf and while I was happy often I still had moments of depression that hit me.
I used to think if I worked with computers I'd be happy since I love them, but I don't have the patience to teach old people shit and I don't know enough about computers to go above and beyond my shitty, super basic IT job, if you could even call it that.
I used to think if I could only be in a band and play music I'd be happy because I love music. I'm in a band now and we have shows almost every weekend and I hate it because I put so much pressure on myself and my alone time is gone. I work and then practice and then on weekends go to shows and work Sundays.

What the fuck is wrong with me? Why can't I ever be happy? What am I doing wrong? I hate myself, I hate my fucking life, nothing will ever make me happy. I'm starting to think that I could win the lottery, live in a nice house in Beverly Hills with a fleet of sports cars like Mayweather, marry a 10/10 hot girl who fufills all of my needs and sexual fantasies and be making music all the time and I'd probably just buy a gold plated gun to blow my brains out.

What the fuck do I do? How can I change myself before it's too late? please help me
>>
>>17499438

>nothing will ever make me happy

you've given up after trying so little. granted, more than the average 4chan user id wager, but still very little.

the first thing i can say with certainty is that happiness is not all encompassing. you will not be in a permanently fixed state of happiness. life has ups and downs. so does your day.

whats important is not to fixate on things. life is equal parts getting rid of the bad and focusing on the good.

I built my life to be pretty easy going. i kept hunting til i found the right job with the right people and the reasonable pay, so im never stressed about work. to work less than five days a week feels a bit boring. my hobbies interest me nad i work towards big goals with them. i enjoy my friendships by focusing on just a few people and getting to know them.

so there isnt a lot of bad in my life other than the little parts that come and go. but the point is that they go. someone random might have slighted me in some way yesterday. but it doesnt have to ruin the day, the week, or my life. they're gone. if they're gone, whats it matter?

beyond that im not sure what to tell you. i want to say you are choosing to be sad, but im not you and i cant speak for you and to assume everyone can be like me may be ignorant. maybe some brains really are just wired idfferently. and maybe some are the same as mine but are of course being edgy.

ultimately im the kind of guy who sees a sunset and thinks that it makes the day happy. nothing particularly good can happen and ill think its the best day ever.

you have all these amazing things going on but still cant end the day just thinking 'today was nice'.

i dont know why. i dont think anyone here does.
>>
>>17499438
What workouts did you do? also, what did you eat?
>>
>>17499571
i don't remember, this was after i graduated high school, but every day i would just do 3 reps of 10 for arms and chest one day, the next i would do stomach and back, and then the last day i would do legs. i only went about 3 or four times a week but i was consistent as fuck with it.

i cut out soda and only drank water or protein shakes, a fuck ton of chicken and brown rice, or salmon and brown rice, eggs, and a lot of fruits and veggies for snacks. and chipotle. anything low in fat and high in protein.
>>
>>17499644
Maybe you'd be happier if you gained some of the weight back. Each person's body has a natural weight it wants to be at.
>>
>>17499438
You've read too much into it idiot.

There is no true happiness. You're a human. You're neurologically designed to have many emotions (and until everything stopped sucking like 70 years ago it was pretty much always shit.) And you're neurologically designed to always want a bit more and accomplish little by little.

So you've been chasing all this bullshit thinking once you achieved this one thing you'd be happy forever then when the novelty wore off instead of doing shit that made you happy setting new goals and continuing with your life, you fucking panicked because you werent complete and eternally happy like the movies said you would.

Chill man, good for you for setting your mind to things and doing that shit but you have to keep going. That's the whole idea here.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.