[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it too late for me to get back into anime? I used to gobble

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: Sexiest-Cosplay-Girls-3.jpg (63KB, 490x800px) Image search: [Google]
Sexiest-Cosplay-Girls-3.jpg
63KB, 490x800px
Is it too late for me to get back into anime?

I used to gobble that shit up twelve years ago (I was in middle school at the time) when [adult swim] was just starting up. But lost interest after a while because the stuff they kept sending over were just the same regurgitating shit over-and-over again with nary a thing to make them fresh or distinct. So I've dropped it since without predicting that it, or nerd/geek culture in general, would grow to as big as it is now. Now I'm starting to feel left out, but also too out-of-touch to start up again. And I kind of want a qt3.14 cosplay g/f these days. But I don't know if I can immerse myself into that particular world without still being viewed at as an outsider or newfag.
>>
Who gives a shit it's just entertainment

"le quirky nerdy anime/capeshit" people are just insecure normies. If all you wanna do is fuck a cosplaying qt you don't need to watch shit. Just go to a convention and don't be ugly.
>>
>>17498889

Also, it's not too late. There are 60 year olds who browse /a/.
>>
Who gives a fuck. Most people who say they like anime don't know actually know shit all about anime--Cosplayers in particular.

They tend to know like 5 or 6 shows they think are cool and that's it.

On a side note, I probably started watching anime 15 or more years ago, and I've watched hundreds of animes, it's still the same shit and hasn't really grown much.

It's all just rehashed amalgams of the same subject recycles ad naseum. It's just that every like 3 or so years what's popular to become a clone of changes.

But I could probably say the exact same thing about video games.

At the moment I think the current popular trend tends to revolve plotwise around do-overs (characters that get to do something over, or restart in some way) and trying to blend 3D CGI in to anime is what gets animators visual rocks off.
>>
File: DEPMSEY ROLL.jpg (77KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
DEPMSEY ROLL.jpg
77KB, 600x480px
>>17498868

I'm 30 and just started getting back into it; I stopped watching it when I was about 17 so it's been many a moon.

Then again, it's mostly due to having tons of free time since I didn't go to school this semester.

Anyways, I watched Initial D, Hajime no Ippo, Knights of Sidonia, Gundam Wing, Death Parade (SO GOOD), Another, Death Note, Fate/Zero, Fate/Stay Night, Monster, Legend of the Galactic Heroes and a few others.

I know a few of those series were for plebs but they were what I grew up with in high school so I used them to get back in the saddle.

There's some good shit out there.

Good luck, comrade.

Oh and check out some good Visual Novels.

There's some fan translated ones that are fucking amazing.
>>
File: 1469960134910.jpg (48KB, 486x750px) Image search: [Google]
1469960134910.jpg
48KB, 486x750px
>>17498868
>viewed as an outsider or newfag

If someone is hostile to you showing an interest in their hobby then that's not a person you'll ever want to deal with anyway. Take everything on this site with a grain of salt. That said, you'll probably get roasted a bit for not knowing or watching 'bad' series. I don't think much of it since we all have our guilty pleasures and 'popcorn' flicks that we know are dumb but love them anyway.

I've been in and out of anime since the 90s. Don't like the cute trend shit. You might check on recommended lists and just get a feel for what you like. You'll have to sift through shit but you'll find gems.

I'll just toss out the last few things I've watched. Maybe you'll like them

>Mushishi
>Redline (movie)
>Memories (multiple short animations, specifically the 'Magnetic Rose' part. Awesome and chilling.)
>Mindgame (very odd film)
>Little Witch Academia (a bit cutesy but both short films are so goofy and charming I couldn't hate them)

There's also Jojo, Initial D, other popular series etc. If someone legitimately gives you shit for your choices just ask them for recommendations.
>>
Most of the people who are "in" watch whatever is on toonami and the most popular things on Crunchyroll. Just look up seasonal charts, and pick what you like to watch, watch some classics, and browse /a/. Don't ask for recs either, just lurk until you understand things.
>>
>>17498868
Honestly no point, every fucking anime is about highschool
>>
>>17499009
You obviously aren't watching thr right anime
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.