[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>from middle class family >19 at decent public uni, studying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: manwithmoney[1][12].jpg (33KB, 448x298px) Image search: [Google]
manwithmoney[1][12].jpg
33KB, 448x298px
>from middle class family
>19 at decent public uni, studying literature
>trying to get into as many internships as I can
>don't have many connections/networks in professional world yet

Any advice as to how I can get a decent job? Should I worry about job prospects now, and if not, why? General advice?

inb4 the STEM>>>>>> meme. I've heard it before
>>
>>17497955
*decent job when I graduate
>>
>>17497955
Get a job asap. Job experience will do more for you than a lit degree, all stem memes aside. The reality is that a lit degree will help you grow your intelligence surely, but to apply it will be more of a personal venture than a corporate one.
>>
>>17497967
>>17497955
And to clarify i mean something part time while you are in college.
>>
>>17497955
get a part time job now and build from that. It will be more useful than an internship and you'll get paid.
>>
>>17497975
Even stuff like food service? Retail? Wouldn't internship experience > retail/food experience?
>>
>>17497955
Decent job you should have
Good resume
Good attitude
Good skills
Good interview skills
You can worry about job prospects, or you can't. It's up to you how serious you are about getting to be the best and stand out. Get a retail job if you can't get an internship. Retail jobs are good character builders and you can learn a lot.
>>
Just don't let there ever be a gap anywhere or it's Wendy's drive thru for you. If you're lucky. That's the reality I'm looking at as a highly qualified intelligent young man. I'm about fucking sick of it. I am gonna end up homeless is what's going to happen
>>
>>17497985
Of course an internship would be better, but a job in retail would be better than neither.
>>
>>17497955
Start thinking about the skills you're developing while studying. You are not likely to get a job because of your knowledge of Chaucer. But being able to read and absorb a lot of material, to reach critical conclusions, to write coherently, to work well alone and in small groups, etc, etc are transferrable skills that can get you into almost any non-technical field.

And isn't it you school's job to help you get an internship?
>>
Best thing you could do is to work a part-time job in retail or some shit as you study and spend your summer doing an internship in something your interested in.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.