[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking for some insight on a mental conundrum i've been

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: 1471983523479.png (2MB, 1920x1315px) Image search: [Google]
1471983523479.png
2MB, 1920x1315px
Looking for some insight on a mental conundrum i've been having lately, complicated so I don't expect much but I thought i'd give it a shot!

I'm conflicted on smoking weed. On one hand, I don't really have a need or want to "get high" as a form of escapism from daily life, also I get a little anxious about using it, i'm unfortunately a goodie 2 shoes,

I have tried it before and on the other hand I liked it because of what to me felt like a spiritual experience. This is very hard to explain but I love the world of the inner and exoloring that, things like dreams and some art, etc. Weed made me feel like I was more in tune to my subconscious. For example I often broswe /wg/ because I love getting lost in art and wallpapers, (Especially abstract ones) It's hard to explain but they give me a mental pleasure of sorts. Weed made me feel as If I could see and feel pictures, art and htoughts on a much, much deeper level, which I thoroughly enjoyed, perhaps someone can relate to this on some level?

I'm quite conflicted because to me weed feels like a tool of accessing my subconscious mind deeper, but on the other hand it makes me feel like a degenerate and like it's wrong, i'm very conflicted and I would appreciate any insight and/or feedback!
>>
File: 1458698366506.jpg (62KB, 1131x707px) Image search: [Google]
1458698366506.jpg
62KB, 1131x707px
Also, I meditate all the time, which helps a lot but it's not necessarily the same as when I was high
>>
>>17497798
>like a tool of accessing my subconscious mind deeper
It isn't, you're fooling yourself.

>makes me feel like a degenerate and like it's wrong
then you should probably lay off it

Weed will make art and music more vibrant, but it is not a hallucinogen and you aren't unlocking anything inner.
>>
>>17497803
>>17497798

Not to be too harsh, but if that is the sole reason you wish to partake (to unlock some inner untapped subconscious part of you) then you'll be surely disappointed sooner rather than later. That is unless you're a nut job who also believes in astrology.

Meditation on the other hand i very much can help you learn about your subconscious self.
>>
File: 1471870299258.jpg (1MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1471870299258.jpg
1MB, 1920x1200px
Boompin (These are all examples of some of my favorites, hope you enjoy!)
>>
>>17497798
Nothing innately wrong with weed, you shouldn't feel its the only path however.

There are other substances such as Salvia divinorum or Melatonin which are mostly legal and lack the stigma of weed.

Don't limit yourself, do what feels right to get the state of Mind you seek.
>>
File: 1471440201112.jpg (2MB, 2556x1708px) Image search: [Google]
1471440201112.jpg
2MB, 2556x1708px
Boompin (These are all examples of some of my favorites, hope you enjoy!)
>>
>>17497823
Yeah OP if you want a real out of body experience, dig deeper in your subconscious, then do some dmt, lsd or shrooms.
>>
>>17497803
>>17497815
>>17497823

I guess I really must be confusing it for something then, I don't know why weed had felt like it was some pathway to my inner mind but it just did, I was seeing things so vividly, maybe I had that confused?

It's a difficult subject to explain, but I mean I suppose you all are right, I don't care about weed in terms of the sedative quailty or any of that other stuff, it was just taht it made me feel like I was seeing things much more vividly, and I don't mean that in a hallucinogenic sense like i'm actually physically seeing things, more as in I can just "feel it stronger"
>>
>>17497856

What i'm confused about it is why are these drugs considered bad in society? Is probing your subconscious wrong? Is it wrong to feel out of body and out of mind in a deep level, why did I gain a certain pleasure from it?
>>
Weed is a tool,as is anything else in life. You can drink and not be an alcoholic. You can write beautiful prose and yet not be an author. All that matters is how you use it, not how others do. Honestly you sound pretty level headed and conscientious, so I would not consider weed a detriment to your mental growth as long as you don't use it too heavily. Save it for special occasions, and try it alone every once in a while without external stimuli (TV, music etc) to get to know yourself
>>
>>17497859
With that said you may have some more success meditating while high.

>"feel it stronger"
Yeah what you described is totally what weed will do. Music will sound more vibrant, pictures will draw you in and color will pop like it hasn't before. But like alcohol it creates a sort of filter or lens on the world (both physically and internally), but not to the extent of unlocking some inner you. DMT is probably your best choice if you want to explore the nether realm of your mind.
>>
>>17497866
To fuck with the mexicans and keep the cold war going. umber industry also got in on it to fuck up hemp.

The mexicans were once the big weed users, so as a way to fuck with them without it being racist they started targeting something they could give them shit for. weed.

Why could they do that? Weed was illegal due to some laws and shit put through to keep the kids fighting mad and not blazed out of their minds at peace with the world(google reefer madness and laugh at the stupid propaganda). The Lumber industry did a lot of the heavy lifting as an excuse to fuck the hemp industry and corner the marked with inferior wood based paper.

Similar stories with the other "soft" drugs. The harder drugs can seriously fuck you up so they have a legit reason with those
>>
>>17497866
>What i'm confused about it is why are these drugs considered bad in society?

Societal norms built originally on lies and ignorance: Association with deviant groups is to blame for marijuana's criminalization in 1937 with the Marijuana Tax Act. Race mattered: for cocaine it had been fears of "cocainized negroes," while for marijuana it was an influx of Mexican immigrants (a silent "j" replaced the "h" in "marihuana" to play up its foreignness). It was also reported that marijuana could induce otherwise law-abiding young folks to rob, rape, or kill others.

>Is probing your subconscious wrong?
Absolutely not, i sincerely recommend it to everyone.

> Is it wrong to feel out of body and out of mind in a deep level?
Totally normal, but certainly not 100% of the time nor when it is out of your personal control (barring drug ingestion). Meaning to say if you hear voices, then it would be better for you to see a psychologist than explore what they are telling you.

why did I gain a certain pleasure from it?
From marijuana or your out of body experience?
and i am curious how do you attain this sense of out of body, mind, on a deep level?
You do sound like a plenty conscientious person. I sincerely doubt it could ever corrupt you short of it becoming an every day habit you develop. The societal norm of the dangers of marijuana are inconsistent with reality. You could potentially be demonized by others (stigma), but there is no truth in their belief. What else? Marijuana is not a gateway drug, but the drug dealers you're forced to get it from could entice you with other drugs potentially. Keep aware of that. Smoking it does not make you a degenerate and it is not wrong with diligence.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.