[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think I might have Asperger's. I've never actually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: noomi.gif (733KB, 350x242px) Image search: [Google]
noomi.gif
733KB, 350x242px
I think I might have Asperger's. I've never actually realized it before but people have always made fun of me behind my back because I believe everything they say and understand everything literally. I got into trouble because I did something that was considered socially unappropiate and I didn't realize it and that it only made sense to me. Now I keep thinking how many times before I've done stuff like that and nobody said anything about it.

Does anyone in here have experience with Asperger's?
>>
>>17496511

if you've made it into adulthood without being diagnosed, then getting a diagnosis won't help you, it will only enable you to be the worst version of yourself.

as soon as people find out they have anxiety, they stop trying to do the things they claim to want to. they are in a sort of 'comfortable misery' because they no longer blame themselves.

its no longer them being shit, its about 'MUH ANXIETY'

this will be similar except you will excuse anything that goes wrong in socializing and never work towards being a better you.

hold yourself accountable. we've all done stupid shit. you dont get a pass either.
>>
>>17496538
I don't think that a neurological condition is something that you can just learn out of.
>>
>>17496604

entirely, no, but to suggest that there is literally no way for an autist to improve socially is the most ignorant thing I've ever heard.

the problem here is that most people diagnosed with this are using it as an excuse rather than as a reason to start therapy. it becomes hugbox. Trust me, I've worked with legit autists and know how it goes down. there are two types. those who improve, and those who excuse.

but you've made it into adulthood. so its not stunting you that much if literally no one thought you needed to get seriously tested. so keep moving forward and trying to improve socially.

as opposed to getting your diagnosis, telling everyone and then saying 'WELL THATS NOT MY FAULT CUZ ASPERGERS' like some sort of tumblrina.
>>
If you think that getting a diagnos will help you then I suggest seeing a therapist.
>>
File: 1465076511517.jpg (7KB, 257x196px) Image search: [Google]
1465076511517.jpg
7KB, 257x196px
story of an austist. welcome to the collective.
>>
I think I'm starting to embrace my Ass Burgers. Don't know if I have it, but I'm scared to figure out I actually do. I'll just sit here in this comfy middleground.
>>
>>17496538
Why do people do that?
Im pretty low on the spectrum, but once I was aware of how autistic I can be, I made an effort to swallow my own words and thoughts that might be deemed too weird or autistic for normies.
My only issue is that I don't crave attention for human interaction the way normal people do, so I'm perfectly content with staying in my room for long periods of time.
I have to force myself to go outside and do stuff.
But either way, I never use this shit as a crutch and blame it on my autism. Tbqh I'm kinda proud of being this obtusely eccentric.
>>
>>17497287
>don't crave attention

I do personally, having so little of it, it's nice to have your existance affirmed even if it's a few hours every few months.
>>
>>17497367
Ya that's pretty normal and understandable.
I honestly fantasize about wanting to be with someone or people. Like I wish I wanted to have friends or a girl, but I'm so content and used to being by myself, that I never try to do much of anything.
This makes saying goodbye or breaking up pretty easily.
>>
>>17497605
>content

You know, "content", usually feels to me like a reserved adjective.

>John was content with having everyday value soup as opposed to starving to death

I'm content, mostly, but I don't think I've been happy often.
>>
>>17497684
Same here. I don't feel most of the average of normal emotions. I usually feel obsession more than anything else
>>
File: 1471687432633.jpg (268KB, 728x1042px) Image search: [Google]
1471687432633.jpg
268KB, 728x1042px
>>17497605
>>17497784
This also describes me very well. I wish I was normal and could talk to people and enjoy their company, but I've been by myself for so long that I've adjusted to it. I want to get out and change, get a girlfriend and all that "normie" stuff but my current situation is tolerable enough, and putting myself out there is difficult enough, that I don't take action. I don't feel happiness but I'm not always sad either, most of the time I don't know what I'm feeling because it doesn't feel like anything. At a guess I wouldn't say aspergers though, I had heavy depression during my teenage years and that couple with my social isolation blunted my emotions permanently I think.
>>
>>17496511
Top kek
>>
>>17497850
Well what do you feel when you do talk to people? Are you any good at it?
I personally can be very charming and out going, but I don't ever feel anything at all. There's no internal reward system within my self to drive me to be social. Honestly, if the guy in front of me dropped dead while we were talking, and you asked for a bare-bones reaction to it, I'd probably give you a "well that sucks" or a "shit, this dude just ate it". But of course I'm aware of how people perceive emotions (and how facial expressions and tone play a huge part in that), so in a real life scenario I'd probably be down on the floor coddling his head screaming for an ambulance, even though I don't feel panic, or pain, or sadness. I would feel nothing for him because he means nothing to me.
>>
>>17496538
>hold yourself accountable. we've all done stupid shit. you dont get a pass either.

It's not about getting a pass you fucking edge lord. It's about admitting you're not as mentally capable as a normal person would. Ignoring brain waves doesn't make you a stronger person
>>
>>17498399
>super autist
+
>possible sociopath

I'm not emotionally dead dude, I'm just numb sometimes cos being depressed all of the time is draining.
>>
>>17498595
Well I think being a shut in and being depressed has played a large role in all of this. I think it makes the outside world seem surreal and I don't know what to feel or do, so I just copy everyone else
>>
>>17496511
Just look for patterns in speech and body language, learn how to cope with your disadvantage. You know your problems, why do you need a fancy diagnose that fits those symptombs. I had to train my social skills from scratch too. It will likely never come natural but you can work around it.
>>
>>17498747
>world seems surreal

I wouldn't quite put it that way but yeah. I mean, I don't really know people do outside of work, no idea what clubbing, partying, etc actually entails.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.