[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a serious question. I am hearing impaired. I have moderate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1448474526606.jpg (16KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1448474526606.jpg
16KB, 512x384px
I have a serious question.

I am hearing impaired. I have moderate to severe hearing loss and have had it since I was about 4 (turning 30 in Decemeber). It's nerve damage so there's not a shit ton that can be done within current financial situations as well as a number of things.

I was out of work for years and have been working for 2 years and I'm quite glad. But I'm getting annoyed at the people I work with for them joking/mocking my hearing impairment. I know that this is a disability and I wonder if it can be considered discrimination in the workplace.

I've dealt with people saying shit about my hearing for a long time but this is starting to piss me off.

>tl;dr co-workers are dicks about hearing, can I sue?
>>
>Happy you're working.
>But want to fuck that up by ruining your relationship with your employer because your butthurt people are taking about you when you can't even really hear them.

I wish I had your problems.
>>
>I've dealt with people saying shit about my hearing for a long time

How do you know?
>>
Dude be happy you have a job, my mom is 44 and she has hearing disability , in all her 6 years of searching jobs since she got this , no luck at all . Be happy with what you have
>>
I am happy. I just want people to be more mindful. They get mad because I don't hear them. I did have hearing aids but they got lost when I moved 3 years ago.
>>
if you really are mute op then how did you type this? bs all of it.
>>
>>17495282
So realistically it's your fault they can't hear you because you had a means to hear them and lost it, then you started working before remedying this issue?

How is this anyone's fault but your own?
>>
>>17495292

Hearing aids are expensive as a mother fucker. Can't afford them and most insurance companies don't cover them. I've had several pairs throughout my life but the most recent pair was given to me via the government through a separate department. I can get a new pair next year since it's been 5 years since I first got them.
>>
>>17495304
I know, I took my grandfather to get his redone and checked before he passed away, but he didn't lose them and get upset at other people because he fucked up.
>>
>>17495223
>I know that this is a disability and I wonder if it can be considered discrimination in the workplace.
We are not lawyers, and even if we were, we don't know what jurisdiction you work in, so you will need to speak with a lawyer near where you work to be sure. But in many jurisdictions, it CAN in fact be considered a form of workplace discrimination, or at least harassment.

Your workplace's human-resources department is probably the best place to start addressing thia issue.
>>
>>17495223
Legally blind cripple here. Yes you can sue under the ADA but I sure as shit wouldn't. People like that aren't worth your trouble, in all honesty. It's like these able-bodies are saying, be happy you have a job that doesn't drive you insane.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.