[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My mom is lying next to me with high blood pressure: 174-98,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: highbloodpressure.jpg (2MB, 3872x2592px) Image search: [Google]
highbloodpressure.jpg
2MB, 3872x2592px
My mom is lying next to me with high blood pressure: 174-98, or something like that. She's too dizzy to stand up for long. She has issues with weight and stress as well.

Most places I've looked up advise reducing sodium intake, eat healthier, and the like, but she does this. We think the weight issue is more to do with excessive water than anything else.

Any other advice on high blood pressure? Your intake will be highly appreciated
>>
What the fuck is wrong with you? Your mother needs medical attention and you're on 4chan. Call a doctor.
>>
Clogged arteries(if she has been REALLY following the low sodium diet), go to a doctor to get some pigment injection xrays done.
>>
>>17495169

I told her before coming here, but she doesn't want it
>>
>>17495174

I'll tell her about this though >>17495171
>>
>>17495174
Then your hands are tied. You need to provide medical attention she refuses to take. Pointless thread.
>>
>>17495165
My mother popped a blood vessel in her eye, after checking her BP and finding it was stupid high she said she was fine. Two or so weeks later she died, brain aneurysm. Call a doctor, even if she says no. That or make very certain she's aware she might not be around much longer. Skipping out on your health is idiotic.
>>
>>17495165
JEsus FUCk
Get to a doctor you fucking idiot
or call an ambulance jesus christ
>>
>>17495165
Personal trainer reporting in.
If your mother was referred to me by a doctor, I'd send her straight back.
Sodium (salt) can increase water weight, but that isn't why your mother is fat, she is fat because she is fat, water weight is not going to make up more than 15lbs of her weight.

She needs medical help, not a blood pressure monitor or speculation over how much of the fat can be dismissed as water weight.

Get her eating less and moving more (at least half an hour on her feet moving around per day), don't let her eat anything that comes pre packaged, don't let her add salt, sugar, butter or syrup to anything, ban her from eating sauces, make her weigh her food and write it all down in a diary, including anything she eats.

If my mother had a blood pressure of 174/98mmHg I'd take her behind the shed and put her down with a brick, high blood pressure is 140/90mmHg and normal is between 90/60 and 120/80mmHg.
Also don't let her use exercise DVDs, they will have her doing high intensity stuff (especially high intensity considering her weight and heart) or exercises like planking.
>>
>>17495273
I forgot to add to this, her blood pressure could be higher if she hasn't got the band on correctly, the arrow is supposed to be over her brachial artery and her arm resting at the same level as her heart.
>>
Get her to the emergency room. Tell her to stop being stubborn.
>>
>>17495165
If she's retaining water maybe in her legs mainly they will get swollen psoobily something wrong with her liver or ? My mom recently died of Chrons and she would retain a lot of water but always was in pain
>>
>>17495289
>Going to the ED for a chronic health problem
>shiggydiggy
>>
>>17495165

Let me guess, she is obese. She probably has diabetes type 2 and is not being treated for it, judging by your post. Let the doctors check for that.

As others have suggested, your mother needs medication/treatment as soon as possible to get her blood pressure under control, even if underlying causes are unknown.

If she refuses treatment, make it perfectly clear to her that she is going to die within the next few months if the current situation continues.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.