[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm taking 75mg of Venlafaxine everyday for depression and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: hqdefault.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
I'm taking 75mg of Venlafaxine everyday for depression and social anxiety. Have been for about 3 years.

It's starting to fuck with me, mood swings, feels like I'm watchin TV a lot of the time, these last couple of nights I've been on the edge of killing myself. I just don't see the point a lot of these days, skip the bullshit.

Any reccomendations on meds or something else? Therapy doesn't help as much as I thought it would after 4 months of going every Monday. Hobbies are hollow. Drugs and liquor only work if I'm fucked up on them 24/7.

I just want to feel the happiness other people have.
>>
>>17493924
None of us are doctors anon. Go talk to them.
>>
The goal of medicine is to heal you so that you don't need to take medicine and your body and mind can function well without it. If quality of life lessens at all, that medicine is garbage and you need to work to get off it immediately. Psychiatrist s who don't understand this and use medication as long-term/permanent treatments are garbage as well. OP, call yours immediately and tell them you want to live medication-free, if they do not work with you to find behavioural therapy and less invasive medicine as temporary solutions, find another psychiatrist or seek a therapist yourself.
>>
>>17493925
Can't afford it. My meds are generic $4 thankfully

>>17493943
I've tried coming off my meds and all I do is sleep and have no mental capacity. It's wretched and the withdrawal is even worse
>>
>>17493943

this anon is a retard

would you stop taking medication that manages heart disease? No you wouldnt
>>
>>17493955
If the medicine is doing more harm than good, yes you would
>>
>>17493971
You have a point, but it's tough to call life off or on meds "good"

>>17493955
What do you recommend I do
>>
I was on Effexor (Venalfelaxine) for about a year. My dose gradually increased to 300 mg (which is the maximum clinical dosage) and it literally fucked with me so much I landed in a psychiatric ward for a week. After I told my doctor how much I didn't like it and that I was having severe suicidal thoughts I started to gradually come down in my dosage and used Prozac instead. As I was coming off this, I experienced many PNES (psychogenic non-epileptic seizures) and was hospitalized yet again. I am currently off of medication except for Prazosin for PTSD and seeing a psychologist instead. Since my change to be off all but one medicine my quality of life has greatly improved. Obviously, you should talk to your doctor before making changes to your medication, but I suggest you look in to alternatives to medication, especially Effexor. Once your body has been used to taking it everyday you will have serious withdrawal from it when you don't take it or forget. I was warned by a friend before I started Effexor and now I kick myself whenever I think of it, please do your research to find out what's best for you.
>>
>>17494187
Thank you. That was actually quite helpful. I appreciate it.
>>
>>17494206
You're most certainly welcome. I would suggest you surround yourself with accountability so you don't actually harm yourself. I would also recommend a few days in a inpatient treatment center if you continue to have suicidal thoughts. I know you probably think if you go to a psychiatric ward you will be surrounded by a bunch of window licking, crayon eating fucktards but it is actually pretty normal. You will be surprised of the amount of people who are going through the exact same thing as you. Also, people will generally say it's expensive as fuck. It's really not. If you got to the hospital and they commit you for a a few days, they cannot turn you away as the are legally obligated to help you (Although, with suicidal thoughts the are also legally obligated to keeping you for 72hrs). Also if you do go I would suggest talking to you case manager and tell them you can not afford the treatment. Most of the time you can be sponsored by the hospital or treatment center. I wish you well and I hope you can sort this out so you can continue on with your life. It's just a bump in the road.
>>
>>17494231
Thank you for understanding
>>
>>17493924
>I just want to feel the happiness other people have.

We can't help you if we know nothing about you. What do you really want in life? Happiness is a generic term. Some get it from work, some from relationships, some from whatever the fuckelse. What do you really want?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.