[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get over the fact that I'm older than most people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: CpVhOp1W8AUFFvj.jpg (88KB, 1200x857px) Image search: [Google]
CpVhOp1W8AUFFvj.jpg
88KB, 1200x857px
How do I get over the fact that I'm older than most people who realize what they want to do with their lives?

I'm 28 and currently working a crappy QA tester job in Los Angeles. Didn't graduate from state university til I was 26, something I'm kinda of ashamed of even though I shouldn't be.

It's always been my dream to live in Japan for a while, I've studied the language and I'm about intermediate at it. I'm hoping to move there early next year if I'm lucky.

I never had much ambition until the past year or so. Not sure where it came from but suddenly personal achievement is incredibly important to me. Which doesn't help because I've always struggled with some pretty severe ADD, even with medication and treatment.

I suddenly want to do something creative, like be an artist and live off an ability to draw like Ilya Kuvshinov. But I keep beating myself up because I feel that I've wasted the last 10 years of my life, and might not be able to catch up.

I actually lie to people about my age, because I look a lot younger than I am, and again I'm ashamed.

I'm sick and tired of feeling depressed about it. I come from a family of late bloomers, none of my family became successful until after they were 35, but I still can't seem to get past this. I just want to move forward, but how do I stop beating myself up?

Pic possibly related emotionally
>>
File: 1458786242570s.jpg (3KB, 125x117px) Image search: [Google]
1458786242570s.jpg
3KB, 125x117px
>>17493121

>It's always been my dream to live in Japan for a while, I've studied the language and I'm about intermediate at it. I'm hoping to move there early next year if I'm lucky.

Sorry to break to you senpai but the only job you could possibly get in here is as an English teacher. Unless you pass the jlpt n2 you will only be able to get shit jobs.

Think long and hard before you buy a ticket to come here. Life ain't easy here senpai.

If it's for pussy and you're white and somewhat fit then it shouldn't be a problem scoring. Waifu? Young girls don't want to marry, you will only find +35 yr olds desperate to grab some walking paycheck to pay for her to stay at home and fuck other dudes while you work.
>>
>>17493150
Well what do you do since you implied you live there.

I'm planning on taking the JLPT 3 test at the end of the year.
>>
>>17493150
Well I know he's an exception but like I mentioned, Ilya lives in Japan and lives off his artwork. Makes a good living off it too.
>>
>>17493175
Shit tier job in construction, I hate teaching.

Don't bother with n3, it really gives you nothing other than to check your level. If you do pass n2 then many places actually ask for that as a requirement for job interviews. Also you can add to your resume.
>>
>>17493121
Living as an artist is very unstable, and if you got no talent then wake up to reality. If you do have the skills and can churn out art that sells high often then why not. Otherwise back to the drawing board.
>>
>>17493183

Some required reading:

http://www.cracked.com/article_20118_5-things-nobody-tells-you-about-living-in-japan.html

http://teflsearch.com/knowledgebase/japan/cost-of-living-budget
>>
>>17493228
I'm aware it's not going to be a magical picnic, and will require a lot of sacrifice, but I still want to do it.
>>
>>17493121
You're not going to move to Japan (very tight immigration laws, they have no use for you as a foreign worker) and you're not going to be an artist as a job that can sustain you.

Save up to go to Japan just as a holiday and just that, and do art stuff as a hobby. "Suddenly" wanting to do something artistic doesn't mean anything. If you really wanted to be an artist you'd have already dedicated your down time to working on artistic projects because you enjoy it.

If you're not happy with your job ask friends to keep their ear to the ground for other opportunities. Try different stuff until you find something you like.

>>17493244
Want and can are different things. If it's something you've "wanted" to do for a while but made no strives to do it, you never will and will still be dreaming and crying about it 10 years from now. You're not getting any younger and wanting to walk into a poverty situation as a goal is idiotic. Really you just sound dissatisfied with a job you find boring and are using unrealistic day dreaming to escape a situation you don't enjoy.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.