[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, so I've got this pretty good friend that I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: i just googled the word friend.jpg (39KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
i just googled the word friend.jpg
39KB, 620x349px
Hey guys, so I've got this pretty good friend that I've known for 6-7 years. We were on the wrestling team together in high school and we would also work out together quite a bit before I switched gyms. Stuff's been happening lately and I'm not so sure what to do with him.

Anyway, here's what's been going on. Let's refer to this friend as "B" in advance.
>Be busy as fuck during academic year and in the summer because a lot of commitments in and out of uni
>Classes, research, internship stuff, liftan', all that jazz
>Leisure time is ephemeral and rare as fuck
>B just got into a UC from a JC, he's not doing shit this summer; has all the free time in the world
>Plan a week in advance for B and our group of friends to hang out
>Clear my hectic schedule at that date
>Remind the group chat (we use GroupMe) that we're going to hang a few days before the planned date rolls around, and if they can't make it, send a message so we can reschedule.
>Everyone except B comes.
>Message GroupMe, ask where he's at
>He messages back the next day
>"Oh sorry I forgot and made plans to go to a graduation and get food with some other people"
>>
>>17492439
>Plan another hangout with the boys
>Again, a week in advance
>B doesn't show up again
>Toward the end of our get-together, he message the group
>"Guys wtf you're hanging out?"
>"Where are you guys?"
>Tell him name of the donut shop we ended up at.
>"Dude I can't find it send me the address"
>Tell him to google DONUT SHOP NAME in CITY NAME
>"Dude I can't"
>Send him my location, I'm on Android, and he's on iPhone so it's a bit of a hassle
>He shows up, we hang for like 10 minutes then bounce

So at this point I'm starting feel like he's putting in significantly less effort into this friendship with myself and the group than the rest of us are.

>One day ask B via Facebook Messenger why he takes so long to respond back on GroupMe
>"Oh lol I muted the GroupMe when I was working out. I guess I forgot to unmute."

This certainly raised an eyebrow on my end.
>>
>>17492440
>Another friend is about to leave our state for Texas because he got into a uni there.
>Decide to get a gift for him and have the rest of us sign it with some corny message or something as a going away present
>Start another group in GroupMe with everyone minus Texas guy
>Plan a bunch of meetings to give everyone the chance to sign the present
>I'm not sure if B has unmuted GroupMe, so I seperately message him over both Facebook Messenger so he actually gets a notification
>Propose a meetup date
>The day before the proposed date, I message him to make sure.
>He responds
>"Oh dude I've got family stuff going on, my grandma's going off the rails with dementia so we're going to her house on the day you suggested so we can find her a house"
>Feel sad af for him
>The next day --the proposed date-- I see a snap on his story of him in his house, rather than his grandma's.
>>
>>17492444
>Propose another date for him to sign the ball, at this point Texas guy is about to leave.
>B actually responds punctually, and says he'll make it
>Date rolls around
>Send him a reminder
>He doesn't show up
>I message him asking him where the fuck he is
>"Oh sorry dude I'm on vacation in Georgia."
>What
>Ask him why he didn't tell me.
>"lol I forgot and I turned off mobile data for Messenger because I'm at the end of the month and my data plan's almost out"
>I'm fairly certain that Messenger uses literally kilobytes of data but whatever.
>Ask him the size of his data plan and what he uses data for instead
>"5 GB individual. Pokemon Go and Pandora"
>Ask him what his data plan is and how he utilizes it.
>"Pokemon Go and Pandora"
>Get frustrated and just tell him to tell me what he would write on the present, and I write/sign his name in his stead.

Maybe I'm reading too far into this, but I get the message that he values music and mobile """games""" than he does our friendship.
>>
>>17492448
>He tells me that he's up to come to my apartment and just chill after he gets back from Georgia
>So fast forward to about two weeks ago from today
>B's been in Georgia for about a week now
>Ask him when he's getting back
>"lol dude idk"
>Tell him to ask his parents
>"ok"
>Ask him a few days later when he's getting back
>"lol dude idk"
>Ask him why he never knows when his important shit is going to happen.
>Also tell him that as the guy who plans get-togethers for our group, he's making it a pain in the ass for me
>"Dude even if I know the date, it's not going to make a difference, it's going to happen anyway"
>I'm not sure why he's putting up this fatalist bullshit but whatever
>Fast forward to yesterday, I ask him again when he gets back
>He still hasn't responded.

Also B does this fucking stupid shit where everytime he sends messages, he laces them with the same phrases over and over (ebin maymays from Bodybuilding.com's forums I think), so imagine that every time he messaged me back in the all previous posts, he inundated them with "NSI," "CANT TELL IF," "TFW," "WAT DO".
He acts p gay even though he's legit one of the anti-gay people I know, he insists on spelling "come" as "cum" for whatever reason.

Anyway, he's just been pissing me off lately. I'm not about the burn this bridge just yet, but it's starting to look pretty damn flammable.

What do you guys think, am I just overanalyzing and being a faggot?
>>
Nahh i think youre right, what you should do is give him space and tell him to fick off politely and maybe wait for him to make plans, and dont bother inviting him anymore
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.