[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to create art, music, and games. I'm afraid of becoming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

File: 1471935883864.jpg (83KB, 355x369px) Image search: [Google]
1471935883864.jpg
83KB, 355x369px
I want to create art, music, and games.
I'm afraid of becoming a classic case of jack of all trades master of none.
If I were to list the things I'd like to do, it'd probably be this

Animator
Drawing
3d modeler
Electronic Music
Guitar
Piano
Programming
Game Designer
Fitness

Fitness is obvious, but everything else will require dedication to honing skills in my free time after or before work.
I'm 24, and I've only got rudimentary skills in all of the above (minus 3D modeling).
Has anyone been successful in organizing themselves and doing this kind of self improvement without spreading it too thin?
>>
>>17492238
My main life objectives (disregarding more general stuff, like travel and fitness) right now are to become an ingenious game designer, an unprecedentedly good jazz percussionist and music producer, a decent enough writer and poet and a revolutionary linguist. I could settle for two or three of those, but each one of them is so important to me that I feel bad when I think of the possibility of any of those not being possible during my lifetime. I'm 20 and I'm nowhere close to any of those, and right now I'm being hindered by things like work and university, but I feel hopeful that I'll be able to slowly climb the plateaus I have set for myself. I suggest you start thinking not about your goals, but about the steps you need to take in order to make those a reality. Just be careful not to turn that into procrastination, which is what I have been doing for the past few years. Time is our precious resource here, so we need to start using it as efficiently and carefully as we can. Most humans waste a ridiculous amount of time on things that are ephemeral and not even enjoyable for them, simply because they are so accustomed to those activities that they either refrain from not doing it or simply not even notice that they are doing it.
>>
File: 1471827787429.gif (2MB, 540x501px) Image search: [Google]
1471827787429.gif
2MB, 540x501px
bump
>>
>>17492238
We're in similar boats, my plan is to become a certified personal trainer and use that for consistent income, and do everything else as a hobby till one takes off
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.