[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm going into my third year of uni and I just had to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: 1451291970319.jpg (251KB, 768x751px)
1451291970319.jpg
251KB, 768x751px
So I'm going into my third year of uni and I just had to change my major do to failing calculus too many times. It's not due to the lack of trying either I went to my schools tutoring and talked to my professors. The tutors told me that I'm missing all sorts of basics and that I was basically too far behind to be helped at this point. I'd like to spend this year studying and try to go back to my original major but I have no idea where to even begin I'm not even sure where I'm lacking at I passed introduction math through precal but as soon as I got to calc I started failing completely. Are there any good books or websites that might help me, or maybe some sort of study plan out there?
>>
>>17492102
Hate to be mean, but if you can't figure out intro calculus the first few times, you are going to do very poorly when the math gets more difficult and more theoretical. Try a less math dependant major like commerce or an easy social science.
>>
>>17492102
Swallow your pride and go to community college and learn the pre college math first. I have done work as a chemistry TA and it honestly really sucks to tell 1st years who are trying their best that their real weakness is that they don't a sufficient understanding of algebra to be able to pass the subject. For example some of these people struggle with things like rearranging an equation like n=c*v to find one unknown. All the tutoring help at college can't help you if you've got an 8th grade level of background knowledge for a college subject.
>>
>>17492102
Here's the problem. You get taught something - anything (it could be math or grammar or French) - and for some reason you don't get it. So you take the course again or see a tutor, and it is taught again IN THE SAME WAY YOU DIDN'T GET THE FIRST TIME, and so you don't get it again.

By that time your brain has closed that pathway down, and every attempt to teach it to you the same way will just be blocked in mental self-defense.

I had the problem with some basic grammar rules until someone went at them in an entirely different way that my brain could latch on to. Try to find someone who can throw out the calc textbook and find you a new way into grasping the basic concepts.
>>
>>17492185
I really liked this.
GJ anon... super helpful
Not OP btw
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.