[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I deal with a long distance relationship? My significant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1465093850772.jpg (194KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1465093850772.jpg
194KB, 1280x720px
How do I deal with a long distance relationship? My significant other is in another Country, we play games, discord, skype, and text frequently. We even masturbate together but I want to be able to hug, kiss, and overall be with them personally even though it will probably never happen.
>>
>>17491102
why settle for a long distance relationship when there are people near you?
>>
>>17491106
Because I really love them and the thought of loosing them breaks my heart, and they'd be devastated too if it happened.
>>
>significant other
>them
Don't fuck around. Just tell us.
>>
>>17491114
I'm a women and he's a man, happy now?
>>
the only way to make a long distance relationship work is if you are making specific plans to make it a short distance relationship, and you are going ahead with those plans. in your case, one of you should be actively looking for ways to move to the other person's country. always be looking to move the relationship forward. otherwise it will stagnate and eventually one of you will become dissatisfied and break up.

doesn't mean you have to get on a plane and go see them tomorrow, but you should be discussing with them exactly how you are going to get physically closer to each other.

>>17491114
eh who cares, guy, girl, conjoined twins, alien. doesn't really matter as long as they're on opposite sides of the planet does it?
>>
Normally when people ask about dealing with long distance relationships it's because their long distance relationship is temporary. It's because two people have been separated for a lengthy period of time but will be reunited afterward. What you describe is a little different than that. You said you will most likely never meet in person. If that is the case then you don't need to deal with a long distance relationship, you need to end it. Then you can pursue other potential relationship that will better fulfill your basic personal needs. It's normal to try different relationships. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. In your case it doesn't seem like long distance relationships are your thing and that's not your fault.
>>
>>17491114
Not saying the gender is a great way to receive gender-neutral advice. I don't see anything wrong with it.
>>
>>17491102
you either get the money together to meet one another or give it up now and spare yourself considerable suffering. these are objectively your only options.
>>
>>17491123
It's rare that I feel actual genuine feelings for someone, it took me a while to get sexually interested, I've only dated two other people besides him. For once the relationship I'm having seems to be working, the problem is that it had to be someone halfway across the world. My other relationships were at least in person, and it's also the first time I've shown my body to another man. Its really hard imagining I could be with anyone else. He has talked about coming to my country but it's an unrealistic goal considering his income. I don't want this relationship to be something temporary but part of me knows that is also an unrealistic wish.
>>
I was the guy on the other side of your scenario, and just like you said, I didn't have the greatest income, but I was still working towards being with her. We did all the stuff you talked about, I built my schedule around being able to spend more time with her, etc, and overall did my best to make it work. In the end, after about 8 months, when in 2 months I was going to visit her for 3 months, planning to move across seas the next year (we both wanted to move out of our countries and I am good at saving, so I would have guaranteed the money), she broke up with me with no prior reasoning. In the end, I knew it was because she probably grew bored of the distance, and she ended up going back to an ex just over a week later, whom probably showed up in her life and she could have actual physical interaction with. The problem is that there was no issue with me, I even specifically asked her to tell me my problems so I could fix them, not necessarily for her, but because I didn't want to have major issues - she told me I was perfect, but other shit just came up. Illogical, sure, but LDRs rarely work out no matter how badly you want them to, even if you're both madly in love and can spur yourself onwards to get together eventually, even if you talk about events that you'd be doing in the future as motivation.

You need to make it a short distance relationship fairly soonish before one of you loses interest. I'm not claiming you will, but no matter how amazing an LDR seems, you can't know for sure that they're having issues.
I'd say you need to bring up your concerns before you one day just have a PMS session or something and it all comes out, and you end up hurting him.
This is especially true if you're still in the honeymoon phase (ie. first 3 - 4 months, maybe more). Otherwise shit you felt in the beginning might change because you don't have the ability to continue motivation yourself to 'just wait'.
You'll end up hurting him if you don't make yourself clear.
>>
>>17491146
You said you want to be able to hug, to kiss, to overall be with someone personally. Do you think that is going to change anytime soon? If it's not going to chance then the longer you wait the more it's going to hurt.
>>
Cuck him.
That's the only way to show them that you really love them.
>>
Either your commiting time energy and resources to close the distance and be together or you're wasting your time.

Come up with a plan together, discuss it and set some goals or move on with your lives.
>>
>>17491195
>>17491191
>>17491215
I understand, I appreciate the help. I guess I have a lot of talking to do with him. The last thing I want to do is hurt him.
>>
>>17491234
Except you will pussy out and do it anyway

Women are always the weakest link in a relationship whether it is LDR or not
>>
>>17491264
>Namefag
Opinion already less taken seriously.
>>
>>17491416
I'm really torn up some anonymous faggot on the internet doesn't like me dude

My life is over, its time to end it because Mr. 174191416 couldn't find it within himself to move past his prejudices and view me as a bastion of knowledge
>>
>>17491421
I was going to move onto the next thread but since you responded with that "I do care but maybe my sarcasm will make him think otherwise" sentence I can humor you for a bit longer.
>>
>>17491428
My finger was on the trigger you just saved my life

There's nothing I want more than to kneel down and suck your cock and make money for you 17491328 please bear my children
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.