[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any book or onine course for concetration? I just in a job where

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 8

Any book or onine course for concetration? I just in a job where I need full concentration in the task I do.
>>
File: 1470980601456.png (233KB, 600x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1470980601456.png
233KB, 600x1100px
>>17490988
Sorry damn phone. Any book or an online course for concentration? I am in a job where I need full concentration in the task I do.
>>
>>17490988

http://www.successconsciousness.com/index_000005.htm

"Take a book, any book, and count the words in any one paragraph. Then, count them again, to be sure that you have counted them correctly.

After a few times, do so with two paragraphs.

When this becomes easy, count the words of a whole page. Do the counting mentally and only with your eyes, without pointing your finger at each word."

This one is decent. Anyway, this topic is infinitely complex, and I haven't seen any good resources on it. Read this too:

http://www.artofmanliness.com/2014/01/20/attention-please-what-every-man-ought-to-know-about-focus/

Art of Manliness is generally shit, but those are some things you need to think about.

Basically, what it comes down to is constantly bringing your attention back to the task. However, anything that isn't linear will require you to let your mind wander occasionally.

Focus also has a lot to do with working memory/IQ, so you can do n-back exercises.

Finally, being in a quite environment (to the point of using earplugs if necessary) can help a lot. As well as breaking tasks down into segments which can be focused on without taking a lot of time to think about overall picture. Looking for some better articles. Hold.

What's your job?

P.S. Mindfulness is a load of shit and meditation is the wrong kind of focus.
>>
>>17491014

Uh do I have to also read the words or understand what I am reading?
>>
>>17491014

Yea, I can't find them, it's been a while. The tl;dr is "resist distractions." The exercise I pasted in quotes in the post above is only good insofar that it will show you what focus actually feels like.
>>
>>17491052

No, not at all. The idea is to stay fully concentrated on counting a shitload of numbers. Then you re-count them while keeping the first result in memory. This trains working memory (in newfag mode) and doesn't allow for any distractions.
>>
>>17491014
Software development. But not the memes software I work for Jaguar and Toyota. And I need good damn concentration for fixing bugs and making patchs. But always I distract with something or I start snoozing in Job.
>>
File: CrystallizedvsFluid.jpg (46KB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
CrystallizedvsFluid.jpg
46KB, 500x350px
>>17491078

Look into working memory, it's critical for devs. Other than that, I do recommend the book exercise, but in the end, you should clearly understand your goals and start focusing after that.

A lot of fixing bugs is approaching the right way. Frame the problem? What's the expected result. Start narrowing down from the root?

Getting an error? What's the error message? Do you have a line of code? No? What method is being called? Step through it, found problem? Put it in a try catch. Determine whether the exception is outside of business params or whether your code isn't handling legitimate scenario, etc.

Sure, focus is important, but so is approaching shit correctly. You will find a lot of devs focusing hard only to miss an obvious solution. E.g. some fag will sit there and use a recursive lambda expression, when he just needed to write a 2-line while loop.

Anyway, focus is an interesting topic. Hopefully someone else has something to say, but I doubt it.
>>
File: IQvsAge.gif (16KB, 911x623px) Image search: [Google]
IQvsAge.gif
16KB, 911x623px
>>17491085

"If you are over 30 in IT, you are a slow old man"
-Zuckercuck
>>
>>17491085
>>17491088
Thanks I will read this things and searching for more of this shit!
>dat quote
haha
>>
File: 1445585480065.jpg (72KB, 800x598px) Image search: [Google]
1445585480065.jpg
72KB, 800x598px
>>17491088
>mfw I am 40 and will only ever get more stupid
>>
File: amusd.gif (706KB, 500x212px) Image search: [Google]
amusd.gif
706KB, 500x212px
>>17490988
You can't concentrate, and you think a book is going to help?
>>
File: 1412069965469.png (255KB, 432x426px) Image search: [Google]
1412069965469.png
255KB, 432x426px
>>17491174
Yes
>>
File: hup400.gif (969KB, 256x210px) Image search: [Google]
hup400.gif
969KB, 256x210px
>>17491366
People like you are the reason self help books sell so well. It doesn't matter what's actually in them since people don't read them.
>>
bump for interest
>>
>>17491386
Ok
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.