[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Moved to new state/town after a divorce. 30. going back to school

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1465536302187.gif (3MB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
1465536302187.gif
3MB, 500x282px
Moved to new state/town after a divorce. 30. going back to school in the fall.

how do i meet new people? my last two relationships each lasted 5+ years and i pretty much moved to be with each woman in a new place/state and befriended her friends, etc.

now in new town and dont really know anybody. hoping to meet people once school starts.

met a couple girls off okcupid but they are totally unacceptable, even the 'best' girls on there seem unacceptably crazy/flawed. I am really just looking to make new friends, but none of these people even seem stable enough to give my real name to, etc. have never even bothered with tinder because i believe itd be worse/more of the same?

so how do I meet new people? D: havent had to since I was a teenager.

met my last 2 long term relationships off the internet via games and chat rooms. but now normies took over the internet, what do?

any advice is welcome thanks.
>>
The people you're attracted to- what hobby would they enjoy?
Get into thay hobby.
Work at being positive and approachable.
>>
>>17490886
Some people think it's pathetic, which i don't understand, but I would think wearing clothing that advertises your interests would be a good idea. Like it's so fucking easy to start a conversation with someone wearing a One-Punch man shirt, or a shirt of a certain band (usually if it's not a target shirt or some shit) or video game shirts. I don't know I feel like i'm pretty unapproachable for some reason
>>
>>17491105

im into biking, hiking, kayaking, video games, target shooting, and I read alot, but i do most of these things alone.

>>17491169
i literally put away all my band, vidya, and ironic shirt and mostly wear plain black shirts because i got TIRED of people making conversation about them.... lol D:
>>
>>17491197
>got TIRED of people making conversation about them
what the fuck are you looking for? You sound like you already know what to do
>>
>>17491209

menial small talk about my t-shirts in stores and out and about never seems to lead anywhere lol
>>
>>17491249
I thought you were going to a school, join a club or something
>>
>>17491262
>I thought you were going to a school, join a club or something

i want to do just that, but nothing really starts up till September
>>
>>17491197
No offense anon, but the question was what hobbies is your dating pool in to. You sound /fit/, you might try picking up ultimate frisbee and go to puck up games at the intramural fields at your new university/public park. Or anything else social and active, just don't be a tryhard
>>
>>17491346

when i go out to be active i usually go to uncrowded places to ride my bike or walk and explore. i am more comfortable lost in a park than surrounded by a crowd at an event, etc.

i would like to meet people to do low-key stuff with in small groups of 2-3-4 people. how do i find that? D:
>>
>>17491373
Sometimes you have to get a little uncomfortable. Groups of 2-3-4 people will be a group of established friends, you aren't there yet. Be social, meet people, make friends. Starting over at square one at thirty isn't easy (trust me, I know).
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.