[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

should i tell my girlfriend i'm feeling suicidal or will

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Townes Van Zandt.jpg (60KB, 500x494px) Image search: [Google]
Townes Van Zandt.jpg
60KB, 500x494px
should i tell my girlfriend i'm feeling suicidal or will this just drive her away?

relationship is great atm, my head is metaphorically on fire, that's all. i can share everything with her, but this might be too much.

hope you're well, drink some water.
>>
>>17489484
Yes. She deserves to know
If she leaves you she wasn't a good gf anyway
>>
i would say to tell her if you know each other enough time (don't say something like that in the first few weeks of relationship) and more importantly say it if you are willing to work on your issues, because if she will try to help you (as she should) so if you are stubborn and uncoperative it might anger/distance her away more than actual issue.

There must be reason you are suicidal anon. Maybe repressed forgotten reason or trauma you don't even identify as a trauma. You want to talk about it?
>>
File: a3634657385_10.jpg (310KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
a3634657385_10.jpg
310KB, 1200x1200px
>>17489486
she's going through a tough time, it might be too much for her. it wouldn't make her a bad person if she left, i'd hate to see her break herself trying to "fix" me. fair point(s), tho.
>>17489493
we've been going out for 6 months. it's been a shotgun relationship, very intense, she's gonna be one i'm w/ for the long haul, or at least one i'm going to remember for a while. i'm worried about the distancing part.

i've squared most of my shit away (anxiety, etc.), but i'm just feeling empty about the future even though it looks "bright" according to society.

enough therapists have heard about my "trauma", i don't want to dirty your ears (or should i say eyes) with the details. in essence i feel like i just don't quite fit in with the world. it's not an outsider thing, it's like i'm not meant to be here in some capacity, i suppose.

thanks, tho.
>>
>>17489484
Most people will tell you to talk to her but, honestly, in my experience when people know what you really feel they either distance themselves or see you as the X guy.
X can be anything; suicidal, depressed, weird, asshole, etc.
>>
>>17489524
Well, not gonna force you to speak about it. Not sure if I could help you even tiny bit, but I am willing to help and am quite a curious fellow, if I could say that myself. If you would change your mind (I have a bit crazy perspective on things it's seems, it might amuse you) sens me e-mail [email protected] or point me to the chat room to talk things out.

This feeling of not fiting. I would say it is a symptom of some deeper problems. I'm not sure if this problems are even realised or do you have them so deep in you that you don't even compute them in the equation.
>>
>>17489484
You could try phrasing it more lightly if she's having a tough time too. Instead of saying up front that you think about dying, just describe the emotional mess side of things more. You feel like you're drowning a lot lately sort of thing.
>>
Depends on how close you two are. In my case when I told her it didn't work out so well.
>>
>>17489528
This. Also, keep in mind that if therapy, pills, talk, etc. donĀ“t help and you keep feeling suicidal this will distance and bitter her in time, if it can't be helped or is recurring.

Don't expect her to understand or be gentle for too long, contemplating suicide means contemplating breaking up with her / leaving her behind which no partner accepts so eventually you will become the selfish asshole for whom 'love isnt enough to save him and make him excited about life'
>>
>>17489484
I'm in the don't talk about it boat. I've got a few guy friends who're clinically depressed. The best I've seen come out of talking about it with women you're dating is that you can be seen as a weak partner in need of care. Usually though it just leads to the end of the relationship because you are seen as a weak partner. There are paid professional options for this and they maintain the strictest confidentiality, go with one of those.
>>
>>17489540
I'll send one w/ some of my issues when I have time, writing a million things for work atm.
>>17489716
My worry encapsulated, but she is enthralled w/ me.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.