[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do people find time for the gym? Is it really just a matter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (218KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
218KB, 768x1024px
How do people find time for the gym? Is it really just a matter of giving up on doing much of anything else during the weekdays?

How do you stay motivated when that turns each weekday into "work, gym, home?"

I'd like to get into good shape but the required commitment seems impossible unless I start telling people I can't hang out and have to go to the gym.
>>
u can do gym like a complemnet for other sport that u like to do, for example, I love boxing, but i cant do only gym, its so boring
>>
>>17489296
>How do people find time for the gym? Is it really just a matter of giving up on doing much of anything else during the weekdays?
Uh, yes.

Go on /fit/. Lurk around and work out what those guys' routines are. Do they go to parties? Do they hang out with people ever? No. They're NEETs, that's why they have time to become jacked NEETs. And I mean, they're not even wrong to do it, it's sure as fuck more rewarding than endless rounds of Smash or whatever the fuck MOBAs are most popular right now.
>>
It takes one hour a day, three days a week.

Are you telling me you can't pull yourself from your computer chair 3 hours a week?
>>
I felt similar to you for a while man. I didn't have a ton of time, plus I was very self conscious about being fat and disgusting in public so I avoided public gyms.
What did it for me was I found a cheap, old ass treadmil in a garage sale and brought it home. I started to wake up just 30-40 minutes earlier than I normally did and spent every single morning, just 30 minutes on the treadmill. I came to find that this really wasn't a dramatic change to my schedule and wasn't that big a deal. Even just 30 mins a day does a lot, or at least it did for me. At the very least, 30 mins of cardio a day is better than nothing.

Granted, I'm a chick so cardio and a good diet is about all I need since I'm not looking to get /FIT/, just keep the weight off and not relapse back into disgusting landwhale form.

Basically my advice is to just try it for a while, even if you feel like you're giving something up, just give it a go short term. Inject a small amount of exercise into your life each day, and I'm willing to bet you'll eventually find you're really not giving up much if anything at all.
>>
>>17489311

I've been told more like 5 days a week, if not 6.
Even still, there's the commute to the gym, getting showered and cleaned up, and you're looking at more like an hour and 45 minutes to two hours of gym time.

I'm not stuck in my computer chair unless it's at work - I generally have some sort of activity planned right after work most week nights, and definitely on weekends. Especially during football season, all of my buddies and I get together to watch the night games. That's two nights. Then I average 1-2 work dinners/meetings per week, after hours. That's four. Try to squeeze in some time for family, and that's 5. Then the weekend begins and I try to go on some kind of adventure instead of sitting around my house all day. Hard to find the time unless I tell my friends I'm not gonna hang out, and I skip watching football, which is something I love to do.

Do home gyms work? Like Bowflex?
>>
>>17489333

Well, I've done it before - I've definitely felt like I was giving something up, thus the thread. I'm not looking to get jacked either, and I'm not fat, I definitely stay active enough that no one would claim I'm fat. I'd just like stronger arms, a defined stomach (I have a little bit of a beer gut), stronger looking legs. All of this pretty much requires lifting.

My diet could stand to be better, but diet alone isn't going to accomplish the aesthetic I'm looking for. It doesn't help that I can't fucking stand working out, even though I know I need to.
>>
>>17489334
You were told by people who don't know what they're talking about. Since you have to take my word for this, humor me.

I lost 80lbs.

Go on /fit/. Study nutrition, since that will be the most important factor.

One hour a day
Three days a week

If your workouts last more than an hour, you're wasting time

It is literally so easy to lose weight, you have no idea. The absolute most difficult part of losing weight is willpower.
>>
>>17489307
>>>/fit/38418535
>>
>>17489346

Again, not looking to lose weight really. Looking to add strength, especially bulk to my arms. I'm 6'0, 175. I already read the /fit/ sticky, and already know I'm not going to drastically change my diet. I just need to figure out the best way to get to the gym and keep going, especially when I hate it.

But if it's just three days a week, maybe I can make it work. Tuesday Wednesday Saturday or something.
>>
>>17489296
Excuses, senpai.
If you really want to step fourth and claim your goal one step at a time, you will.
If you're a lil bitch, you make these threads.
It's simple.
If you want something, you go and get it.
No what, if(s)or maybe(s).
>>
>>17489367
One hour a day
Three days a week

I gave you your answer. This is the maximum anyone who isn't competing will need to do. I don't care about your football schedule, or your unwillingness to diet.

Go to /fit/, read the sticky, and get going.

If you really think that you can't find three hours a week to go do a little maintenance, you're lying to yourself and it's not my prerogative to motivate you.
>>
>>17489443
Whoops, I'll be honest I only skimmed your post and I probably could've sounded less like a dick. I got flashbacks from /fit/ threads
>>
>>17489343
Well then you just have to decide, would you rather be a chubby/fat happy dude doing whatever it is you're giving up, or a dude who's in shape and has a nice body but who doesn't do whatever it is you're giving up. Either is fine in my book, it all just comes down to what you value more.
Fitness, or your hobby or whatever.
>>
I actually thought this way for awhile.
Mostly because it turned out I had allergies that affected me only at work, and I was always too tired and weak to go to the gym.

But Ive been taking medicine and although i cant always keep up, I still try to do something. If Im really not into it, I just run on the treadmill for about 10 mins and thats it. But I try to get some lifting in.

I dont think its that much, but ive been doing this for 2 months now and made some gains. Im kinda happy with it. Feels like I didnt put in too much time and sacrifice and still made progress.
>>
>>17489296
I can't really go to the gym, but I go swimming 5 days a week.
I wake up at 6:30 I am at the swimming pool at 6:45, swim for an hour, get ready, have breakfast, and go to school at 8:45. I have time for people during the evening, I just go to bed reasonably early during the week.
>>
Simple if you care enough you make time. If you don't care you make excuses.

I work full time when I'm not in school and part time during. I'm getting a degree in computer science so I have to study a lot. I work out 4 to 6 times a week based on my schedule. Sometimes you move things around one week.
>>
>>17489311
Been down that road and it took me 2 years to learn that less is more. Ive been getting better results from 3x a week fullbody than back when I worked out 6 times per week push pull legs.

If you can't find 3 hours in a week to do something, you have MUCH BIGGER problems than getting in shape.
>>
>>17489367
You don't need to go to a fucking gym, buy a set of dumbells and a bench with interchangeable weights. You can do all the exercises and train all the muscles in the body with those equipments at home. Takes me about 30 min with a 5-10 min shower at home to do a full body routine.
>>
>>17489334
You don't need to do some 5 day bullshit. 3 is really solid. Seriously you can even get away with two days a week, I made some good progres that way when I was really busy.

I'd say a good full body workout takes 45 minutes if you hustle, maybe less if you take minimal rest. I usually block off two hours to do it myself just because I like to avoid being rushed and have the option to chill afterwards but it usually takes me an hour at most.

Home gyms can work but those machines are memes. You need to be able to progress (do more weight each time) and a bowflex or something only goes up to so much weight. Your money's better spent on a rack of free weights. I like going to the gym because having a dedicated place where i can't do anything but work out keeps me on task better, otherwise I'd lift in my basement.
>>
>>17489296
Don't find time, make time
>>
>>17489296
I just wake up early and go in the morning. Takes me like 1-2 hours at most
>>
>hurr how do you stay motivated

do you have any discipline? you don't need motivation you little millenial cuck
just do it™ you fucking numale™
>>
I can do work and gym, and i can do school and gym, but i can't do work/school/gym for an extended period of time. I just get burned out.
>>
you don't deserve to be fit, just sit there and continue to yearn for something that's within your reach but you rather make excuses for not grabbing
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.