[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, /adv/ this might sound strange but I think I'm genuinely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

Hey, /adv/ this might sound strange but I think I'm genuinely infatuated with my waifu. Like, I think I really love her but like, obviously, there's kind of a problem in the fact that she isn't real.

What should I do?

Like the fact that I'm pining for someone who doesn't exist kinda depresses me, like, no matter how I feel, my feelings will never be reciprocated and yet anyone else would just feel like a compromise, a lesser person by comparison.
>>
File: 1471915910519.jpg (256KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1471915910519.jpg
256KB, 1280x960px
>>17489167
>no matter how I feel, my feelings will never be reciprocated

Just like real life
>>
>>17489168
Tip top kek
>>
>>17489167
I dont blame you. Nico's pretty hot.
>>
>>17489167
my BEST recommendation would be find someone who looks like your waifu (but DONT go chasing around underaged chicks). that way you wont feel depressed for obssessing over a fictional char.
>>
File: men-examining-an-image-together.jpg (124KB, 719x900px) Image search: [Google]
men-examining-an-image-together.jpg
124KB, 719x900px
>>17489167
>I'm in love with my waifu

T-this is just a meme, right?
Do people like this really exist?
>>
Stop watching anime or at least reduce it to a sensible level. Stop fapping to hentai.
Find a real gf.
Alternatively you can an hero.
>>
Go to therapy
>>
>>17489260
I can't understand this either. It definitely sounds like autism, though.
>>
>>17489260
>>17489648
I thought it was just a meme too but like, I dunno, I think I ended up sorta empathising with Nico a lot because her plight was something I could relate to a lot.

Like, when I was a kid, my mother went into a mental hospital and my father was always away from home, so I never really got the kind of attention that most other children get from their parents and we were rather rural, so I was always kind of alone.

And like, since then, I started working towards becoming a respectable musician, partly because I really like music but also because I have this sorta hope that by doing something grandiose like that, people will actually, like, notice me and pay attention to me. Like, maybe then I wouldn't feel so bad because I'd kinda, like, be validated by their interest in me but also because they'd actually focus on me and not just out of pity. You know?
>>
File: Holo_Profile.gif (119KB, 573x426px) Image search: [Google]
Holo_Profile.gif
119KB, 573x426px
>>17489260
>just a meme

I wish
>>
>>17489943
This clears up a lot. I get ya. Yeah, coping mechanisms from a shitty family setting are a bitch to deal with. You've already done the first few (and harder) steps. You know it is a problem, you've identified that it is getting worse, you want to fix it, and you've identified the source. Next is modifying your behaviors. Stop watching the show you are watching. Actually probably take a break from non music related (I say this because of your interest in music) media. No tv, movies, gaming, etc. Find the other (and I assure you, there are plenty of them) behaviors you perform and start finding ways to prune them. A lot of it is mental discipline. You're going to have to catch the thoughts/behaviors before they happen, stop yourself, and then do something more appropriate. It's a bitch, but with consistent application you'll notice the thoughts/behaviors happen less and less often with decreasing intensity. After that all you have to worry about is backsliding.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.