[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 27, working in food service for $9 an hour, and I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: nevermyfault.jpg (148KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
nevermyfault.jpg
148KB, 640x480px
I'm 27, working in food service for $9 an hour, and I'm fucking ashamed of myself.

I should never have been a full-time student. I'm so far behind in my career.

How do I rescue myself?
>>
>>17488884
By never giving up, keep going!!!
>>
>>17488884
Work your way up the ladder like everyone else.
If your education didnt amount to jack shit then put it to use.
Dont get complacent with your current dead end job, keep applying and keep looking for something better.

there is no easy way out. Youll never get those years back or be able to make up for them. Just make he best of what you got.
>>
tfw didn't go to college, tfw doing what I want getting good money, ayy lmao baby.
>>
>>17488884
You're only 27 and complaining like this? Before you try to fix anything else you need to fix your brain.
>>
>I'm 27, working in food service for $9 an hour, and I'm fucking ashamed of myself.

Literally, loads of famous/wealthy/successful people were doing all sorts of dumb shit at your age.

>I should never have been a full-time student.

Mate, I'm pretty sure you did the best you could. Okay, if you went back and did it again maybe you wouldn't. You're not expected to be a fucking genius and loads of people are pushed into studying when they don't want to.

>I'm so far behind in my career.

Just chill about this one.

>How do I rescue myself?

Pick yourself up man, take PRIDE in your job, and accept that things will change. Use your free time to do some productive things, look for better work and such. There's no point in being so sad and so down, yeah $9 an hour is pretty low, but you probably have hot water, internet access, a few friends, hot food. Your life is good, enjoy it and relax. I'd recommend reading some shit, I don't really know what though, some poor people are happy in a way that rich people can't be, some rich people are depressed in a way that poor people can't be happy. Imagine sitting on millions and feeling like a lonely, dirty piece of shit. Listen to some Allan Watts on YouTube

Also this is lame-ass but if I want something I put a note in my wallet, it's like a small cheque or something. Maybe you could try it, I think it just helps you keep it in mind (not really consciously though)

>>17489175
mfw you can have balls and still not know how to fuck ;)
>>
I don't know m8.

I was a full time student until 24, and I'm not having any issues. You fucked up at some point outside of that.
>>
>>17489237
What, is 27 young? I don't feel like it.
>>
>>17488884
Plenty of adults do continuing education to get degrees who are twice your age or more. Stop being a sadcunt and make CHOICES.

Aww poor me won't fix shit and you know this, so do something. You've got nothing to lose so don't let fear stop you.

Get useful hobbies which broaden your skills. All hobbies should complement your life, enhance your ability to do useful things, and build mental discipline. /diy/ goes with any life.
>>
1) Contact alumni services from your college, try to get hooked up for the right next step in your career.

2) Get in a good program like the Peace Corps, Americorps VISTA, Teach For America, a teaching abroad program, etc. and pad your resume

3) figure out your next academic step - maybe a master's, maybe a certificate for a trade or skill, maybe a teaching or EMT certification, etc.

4) get a low level job you actually enjoy. Instead of working a shitty food service job, try working for an indie bookstore, a record store, a comic book shop, a punk boutique, etc.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.