[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So here's the deal, /adv/. I'm late 20's. I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: act your wage.png (288KB, 536x529px) Image search: [Google]
act your wage.png
288KB, 536x529px
So here's the deal, /adv/.

I'm late 20's. I have 3/4ths of a degree that I can't finish because I have no money. I work part time at $9 an hour, usually take home 300-600 dollars every 2 weeks, and pay about 500 a month in bills.

I attempted to join the military to have a background for better paying careers, but that's not an option because I had asthma when I was a kid and I've been rejected by all 4 branches.

I can't go back to college until I save up enough money to pay off student debt. I'm /nearly/ out of default on my loans, but I'm still a good 10,000 in the hole.

What ways are there to get a decent paying job in the meantime, without having a degree?

What kind of jobs should I look for to step up?
>>
Details: where do you live?

IBR
>>
>>17488511
Florida Panhandle. Panama city area.

Already on IBR. I'm more concerned with increasing my income so I can pay it off faster, or just not live in abject poverty, that would also be nice.
>>
this society is unfortunately closing in on having no options for people like you, other than the choice between abject poverty and political revolution.

In the meantime think in terms of unexpected solutions - I've taught myself some farming/gardening skills, for example, and it lowers the hell out of food bills. If nobody will give you work, make your own.
>>
>>17488498
You have for 500 dollar bills? What.. If it's with rent you pay incridibile little and if it's without you pay way too much!
>>
>>17488498
Who do you live with? The easiest way to cut expenses is to just take on additional roommates. Consider finding a room in a rental house, either with college kids or people your age. Pack 4-5 people in a house and your costs will be incredibly low. The houses that come up for rent around my area are at least 4 people capable. Last one I was in, 3 bedrooms upstairs and 1 bedroom in the basement. I was paying about 300 in rent, another 50 at most in split utilities.

Also, part time is not acceptable. I don't know if you're doing that because you're kinda lazy or you just can't find a job that gives you full time hours. Whatever the reason. You need to be working at least 40 hours a week. If you can't find a full time job, then you need to pick up a part time job.

I suggest looking into security gigs (for example, Securitas is a company that has guards drive around apartment communities checking for trouble), night shift stocker jobs, etc. Those tend to offer full time hours because less people want to do those jobs.

No matter what your living situation, full time is absolutely critical. The more hours you work, the better.
>>
>>17488580
pick up another part time job*
>>
>>17488575
>>17488580

My only expenses are food, rent, and phone. No car. I have multiple room-mates, and I really want to move out, but it's not a viable option on my budget right now.

Unless I want to just eat rice.

Job is part time because it's all I managed to get. I moved here recently, and due to no-car my job opportunities were limited to walking distance. I'm very close to buying a beater to drive around in, so that's why I need to look at job options, because yeah part-time is shit and sporadic.

I know Securitas, they're the guys who do security at the Callaway walmart, big ol' shithole that it is.
>>
>>17488498
(All is in dollars)
Rent for four roomed apartment = 715 a month
Bills like insurance, to me my home and my three dogs and phone bills = 95 a month
And i still have about 1700 left
I only go to school and don't work right now, i am saving for a drivers licens.
I'm not fom america... But something is wrong with your country. I can afford children with no problem and i'm not working.
In 4 months when i get my car i'll have about 2900 after i've paid my bills and that is just by working half time four times a week...
>>
>>17488585
No bus system in your city?

If all you can do right now is walking distance, and you have no access to public transit, I suggest taking your resume to every business within walking distance and filling out any and all applications. Just take anything you can get, whether full time or a 2nd part time job. Stay long enough to afford a vehicle, then bail and move on to something that pays better.
>>
>>17488592
I'm getting paid to get an education, i'll be done when i'm 32 can get a job from 29. I'm not going to ow any money and i'll be able to live as a normal human being without turning every penny i have
>>
File: A story of hope.jpg (52KB, 600x700px) Image search: [Google]
A story of hope.jpg
52KB, 600x700px
>>17488598
There are some privatized buses, they run weird places at weird times. They're mostly from the projects to liquor stores.

>>17488592
Yeah well I'm a few steps away from reforming american economic standards. Maybe next year.
>>
i wanna die
i hate this planet
howdo i accompish that
>>
>>17488606
How about a bike? You could likely get a decent one off Craigslist for 100 or less. Or just go all in on a nice new one. Few hundred at most.

That would expand your job reach quite a bit.
>>
>>17488598
Yes but i live far out and it's too complicated to get a job without a car, and i'm not in a hurry anyway i live amazing
>>
>>17488609
I'm like 2 paychecks away from a car.

Just assume I have one. I'm more interested in:

-How do I find jobs that don't pay ass?
-How do I succeed at getting these jobs?
-Are there jobs that don't pay ass that'll look good on a resume?
>>
Manufacturing jobs typically pay a bit more than minimum wage, and are often full time (usually with room for overtime).

Janitorial stuff is usually a bit more than minimum wage, sometimes full time sometimes part time.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.