[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This kid has been a brother to me my entire life. I've known

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

This kid has been a brother to me my entire life. I've known him since I was in preschool. I've been friends with him for longer than 2 of my siblings were born.

Now we're 24. He just graduated college about a year and a half ago, and he recently landed a great job that he plans to work at for the rest of his career. On top of that, him and his wife have a wedding date set for 2017.

But a few weeks ago, he approaches me, and asks me if i'd be interested in witnessing a wedding at the court house. He said they needed to do it for insurance purposes. I agreed and we did it.

Now this is really strange to me.

First of all, his parents are religious. I am not religious at all, but i know that they'd be completely disrespected by this and he's always followed what his parents say. I partied the past couple years and this kid was hard at school studying.

I thought this was suspicious immediately.

He told me that this was his fiances idea (now his wife) and that they needed it for insurance purposes. The big wedding ceremony is still happening next year and nobodies gonna know about this except for a close few. I had heard from him alot over the past 5-6 months now about how her job kept having budget cuts and wasn't getting good business and she was afraid she was gonna lose her job, so i just thought this was strange.

I than was at the court house and overheard his wife talking about "Getting our last names changed". I thought it was weird she said our. Than I heard her say that theyre hyphening their last name.

I am afraid that this is a horrible move for my friend in the carrer field and social posturing wise. I feel like he just made a horrible move and a poor life decision but I don't think I'm going to tell him that.

/adv/, i feel like my friend fucked up majorly by doing this. He is getting into a life time of bills and struggle just for the comfort of this 1 girl.

What do you think?
>>
>>17488085
Sorry about the terrible grammar I am very high right now.
>>
>>17488091
Why the fuck are you asking for such serious advice when you're high. Get back when you're sober.
>>
>>17488085
Have you tried playing devil's advocate? first question the hypened last name to him
>>
>>17488099
Its too late now. I didn't realize how much of a terrible decision this was until it was way too late. He is now fucked, and hes even more fucked if they break up before the big wedding ceremony is supposed to happen next year.
>>
>>17488102
How? It's just paying 25USD to change it back.

Only difference is hitting the square box that asks if you had or went by a different name before on job applications. And he already has a great career he doesn't want to leave.

Well, that and cops can see alias names in the state-system when you run a license check.

Also, what are these costs for this "1 girl"? It's his wife. And insurance plans are cheaper together.
>>
>>17488136
Nah, I'm saying that him getting married to her in general is a huge mistake.

About the insurance, she was on her parents, she is gonna be 26 soon and gets dropped at this age. It isn't saving them money, its her needing to get insurance. I was wrong
>>
Even if it is a mistake, this is one of those 'mind your own business' things. There's nothing you can do or say to change his decision, he just has to go through it himself.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.