[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am obligated to give several presentations this semester about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1471128996267.jpg (256KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1471128996267.jpg
256KB, 1280x960px
I am obligated to give several presentations this semester about several subjects.

If I have always been awkward, shy, too self conscious about me being ugly and overall pretty shit and giving presentations, will getting a little bit drunk cure my fear of doing it that day?
>>
>>17488057
thats a good way to become an alcoholic, friend
>>
>will getting a little bit drunk cure my fear of doing it that day

sure, if you use the right amount
>>
Best thing to do is not to get drunk but practice your speeches over and over until you have them down solid.
>>
If it's a subject/topic you genuinely enjoy then just let your autism flow and blab on. No one will care. Heck even if they do care, they'll see that you're enjoying it and will appreciate your effort.

If you give no fucks about the subject/topic then just read from your notes and nothing more. No one will care.
>>
>>17488101

Its vital that I commit as little mistakes as I can in this one, its for a crucial assignature on a class that, if I fail, I will only have one last chance to repeat it (I have 3, this one is the second) on top of that the professor is a comple asshole and hes accompanied by other two assholes who ask questions about the topics presented in order to fuck you up. On top of that theres the other 40+ faggots in the class that will be staring at me non stop and that shit is nightmare fuel to me.
>>
>>17488148
do a combination of this
>>17488082
>>17488101
practice your speeches A LOT. do it until you're tired of them so that, even if you get stage fright, you know what to say.
at the same time, it's difficult to dislike a presenter (no matter how autismo they are) if they are extremely enthusiastic. really show that you care, that you enjoy the subject. you'll feel better after the presentation if you can show that you have energy.
gl dude, don't get drunk
>>
>>17488148
just out of curiosity? what class is this for? do they really still make you read out loud in class and present in university/college as well?
>>
>>17488323
>just out of curiosity? what class is this for?
*just out of curiosity, what class is this for?
>>
>>17488057
Schools in the US are required by law to provide DSPS accomodation to students, incluiding those who suffer from performance/test anxiety.
>>
File: 1464834505338.jpg (60KB, 600x752px) Image search: [Google]
1464834505338.jpg
60KB, 600x752px
Liquid courage could help, but I'd stay the fuck away from it unless you're good at knowing your tolerance, have a ride/safe way to class and don't mind possibly smelling like booze. You could always mess up and just screw your presentation up or miss class.

My advice is

>get presentations and speeches down pat
>talk about subject material with friends or record yourself giving the speech, listen to it (what I would do) until it's a topic you can kinda improv or speak about casually
>if you're allowed cue cards do not use them as a crutch but as 'way points' to help jog your memory and ease into the next part of the presentation
>always work way ahead of the due date so you have many days to research and get comfortable with your topic
>approach and give the presentation with a good amount of energy (I've seen interesting topic ideas ruined by dull presentations and kinda dull topic ideas sell really well due to a good presentation)

Look slightly above people's heads if you don't like eye contact and remember: everyone is fucking nervous and scared. I've had to do lots of presentations and I get the shakes or my heart races beforehand. I'd usually have to do some breathing techniques, repeating mentally "I AM CALM" but no matter how bad my shakes were every time I'd have people complimenting me afterward or asking for help or tips.

If you do trip up don't beat yourself up. I had one guy in a class that was always very, very hard on himself and obviously incredibly shy. He obviously wasn't the best at presentations but near the end of the semester he definitely made an improvement and also didn't beat himself up when he stumbled a bit. I always made it a point to help him and kinda cheer him on beforehand.

Being shy is going to make it tough but if that really shy guy in my one class could do it so can you.

tl;dr
Alcohol could help or make things worse. Just put in the hard, sober work first to see if you succeed.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.