[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what does "you're embarrassing me now" mean in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: Elliott-Rodger-640.jpg (51KB, 640x399px) Image search: [Google]
Elliott-Rodger-640.jpg
51KB, 640x399px
what does "you're embarrassing me now" mean in english usually?
is it a good or bad expression? is the person embarrassed for good or bad motives?
>>
Well, is the person saying it while laughing, or while facepalming

Context is everything
>>
>>17488030
depends on the context. are you being overly complimentary? if so, you're making her/him a little uncomfortable with the compliments in a cheeky way.

if they are just saying that in reaction to you - you are really embarrassing them and that's not good.
>>
File: pic related.jpg (75KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
pic related.jpg
75KB, 960x960px
>>17488034
while laughing

my older cousin was hitting on this younger (about my age) girl
and she was politelly refusing him, and then he said jokingly "i could almost be your father" she laughed and then he said "you always have my cousin" and she said in a nice way "you're embarrassing me now". at the time i thought she was nice and that she meant i am cute. however over the past few days i've been thinking about it and i'm starting to believe that she probably meant i'm not good enough for her so he was embarrassing her.
english is my second language and i don't know what she meant anymore. it's even more dubious for me as she is really gorgeous and i consider myself just above average
>>
>>17488052
lol you're overthinking way too much, you should worry about improving your self-steem (like most of us in this board need) instead of what someone exactly meant in a conversation a few days old

She probably said it in a nice way. Get over it
>>
>>17488070
>>17488070
at the time i had that impression, that she really meant it well as in me being cute and adorable especially considering that a lot of people there find me attractive (there are lots of gay guys there and they don't hide like women do. also, a girl there likes me)

however, i have very sensible self-esteem. it can be good today and shitty tomorrow.
it's like i need appraisal everyday to feel good otherwise i start overthinking everything
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.