[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Old(er) fag here, I'm 29. What should be the deadline for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: 1384797325824.jpg (37KB, 499x393px) Image search: [Google]
1384797325824.jpg
37KB, 499x393px
Old(er) fag here, I'm 29. What should be the deadline for a guy having children/adopting/look into surrogacy?
>>
>>17487982
Seriously, men can have kids much later than women. I had my first son at barely 21. I had a kid with my second marriage (with a wife 10 years younger than me) at 40. I fit in fine with the other fathers in each case.
>>
>>17487982
Does it get easier when you are older with women? I'm still pretty shit with women even with some of life in order like my education and job.
>>
>>17488000
>Does it get easier when you are older with women?
Much, much, much. At least if you are successful.
Picture how you felt about that hot cheerleader when you were 18. That's how the 29 year old women look at single 35 year old guys with jobs, with absolute lust. I got divorced at 35 after a 15 year marriage and got laid more in 3 months than in my last 10 years of marriage. I actually had an attractive school teacher I'd met in a bar once do a U turn on the street and come back to chat me up. It was very odd feeling.
>>
As a male, you're almost definitely going to be unable to have children without being in a relationship
>>
>>17488010
>At least if you are successful.
Welp, guess I should seriously look into making my own business or saving up for my own home, probably both.
>>
>>17488010
Somewhere in their 20's most women do this radical shift where they suddenly want a baby. At that point, they massively change what they are looking for and the stable guy with a job and brains becomes much more interesting.

Yes some of these women are sluts that rode the cock until they are used up and want a sucker to support them...but most aren't.

They're just women that want a good guy, and you can choose from among them.
>>
>>17488012
I guess people look down on men that want to adopt or look into surrogacy unless there is a woman next to them
>>
>>17488018
>my own business or saving up for my own home, probably both.
>>>
Both of these really help. Also, make sure you have a passion or hobby that sounds interesting and most women don't do (women like guys that don't really need them much).
>>
>>17488024
>want to adopt or look into surrogacy unless there is a woman next to them
Yes, you will be assumed to be a pedophile.
>>
>>17488021
between 23/24-ish. Women realize the carnival is starting to close and the darkness in the horizon closer than they think so they scoop up what they can. College is a great place for this. College is like the ultimate shit test to filter out the smartest and strongest with potential for the average or below average guys. After 25 it becomes a mad scramble.
>>
>>17488039
>After 25 it becomes a mad scramble.
I agree. I missed this because I married so young at 21. The woman was horrible, manipulative and it killed my self confidence. After I got rid of her, I could not believe how much my desirability had changed.
>>
>>17488027
>passion or hobby that sounds interesting and most women don't do
My only passion is art, everything I'm average at, at best. Like the piano or the bow and arrow.
If I did art, I would want to get back into making stories, but I would do it as a side thing while I work during the day.
>>
>>17488060
>back into making stories
Being a writer is perfect. You are now a deep thinking dude with a job. Now you just need to frequently be where women are while acting like you are nice, but don't really care about them one way or another (amused indifference) You will be like catnip.
>>
>>17488074
I'll need to work on it, thanks so far anons.
>>
>>17487982
Having your own- 40 (risk of autism in offspring increases for fathers over 40)

Adoption- assuming it's not a newborn or infant, as those are hard to get, you could easily adopt a kid into your early 60s and still have plenty of time to enjoy with them. You wouldn't want to wait much later because of physical and mental decline
>>
>>17488614
Forgot to add, surrogacy is dumb and the law may not protect you depending on where you live, if the surrogate gets attached. You can get fucked out of money with no recourse
>>
>>17487982
Old(not even -er, just old) fag here. I had twins at 37. My wife is a couple of years younger than me. We had been trying for a while, but it was ultimately the right time for us--we had enough money, a house, we didn't want to party anymore, we'd traveled a lot and were prepared to travel in a new way. All the stuff we wanted to do just for us, and for which we had put off kids, we had done.

I know it seems old to many, especially in more working class or rural areas (like where I'm from and where my entire extended family lives--many of my sons' cousins are ten years older), but I've found that in the professional/highly educated/workaholic/big-city world, it's very, very common to be a dad of young kids in your early 40s--even later if you're really rich, but that's not me.

And I know from single friends my age that single women in their late 20s or early 30s are often interested in settling down with someone a few years ahead of them, not necessarily for money but for stability. Dating often kind of sucks when you're really grown up. Many are ready to quit.

As for doing it solo, you don't want to and you probably couldn't--it is extremely difficult for single men to adopt. But more importantly, kids are without question the best thing I ever personally did, but also the hardest, by many miles. Much, much harder, but also much more fun than I thought it would be.
>>
>>17487982
I like it fine.

Personally, I feel it's weird for people to become parents at 16-25.
>>
You know Ted met the mother at 35, right?
>>
Not OP, but god damn this is all good for me to read. I got off to a rocky start and spent my 20's "finding myself" (not my words). Just got to 29, which coincidentally happens to be when I'm able/willing to start getting my goals going and I've been super nervous about it being too late to do those and a family. I grew up in a super religious state and so my peers (until I moved) all were married with kids at 25 at the latest. Thank you all for your insightful answers!
>>
>>17487982
I'd say 40. Maybe 35. My mom was 46 when she had me and it was fine except that I suck dicks at sports because my parents would/could never play with me and do physical stuff. But they also worked 12+ hour days so I bet it wasn't even their age.

The thing is, you can be pretty young and able up into your 70s these days, but the odds of something bad happening to your health jump up moderately in your 50s and you don't want to be trying to care for a small child and run the risk that you'll suddenly become disabled. Especially if you're trying to do it on your own.
>>
>>17489702
The 50s are brutal physically even if you work out, and for fucks sake do cardio!

You will (if not a shitbag) be experienced and smarter, but your physical health will decline unless you are a very rare niche case. Don't believe popular media. 50 isn't the new 40, it's just a better 50 than it used to be.

Not looking forward to 60 fo' damn sure.

My parents had me in their late 30s so we were prosperous, but they couldn't relate to much due to age disconnect. I lucked out and had excellent parents though.
>>
I'm almost 30, yeah I could get a women and have children but my experience says the deck is stacked against me. Even with my masters I work 2 part time jobs, and live with my parents. I know I should get a better job but the market is still pretty garbage depending on where you look. I just want to save up enough to buy some land, build a cabin and a garage to save on the expenses of buying an actual house live out my days in said cabin.
>>
fucking breeders
>>
>>17489760
Or, you know, apply for every interesting job you can find because you have an advanced degree, choose the best acceptance, live somewhere nice, don't isolate yourself from people, actually ask a girl out, start a family, and choose a path that's actually rewarding. You could to that instead of buying a fucking cabin and isolating yourself like a bitch. Just a thought.
>>
>adopting

never
ever
>>
>>17490663
What if you have really shitty genetics or you and your SO can't reproduce for any reason?
>>
>>17489760
Are you me?
>>
>>17488021
this scares the shit out of me. A chick just looking at me and seeing my job compiled with my parents affluence. Im a CS student and will go into some sort of development job which make above average salary.

Im not the best looking guy, but I do work out 5x a week for 3 years and im 10% body fat.

>Im already thinking of ideas to tell girls what i do when they ask for my job that doesnt scream i make good money.
>>
>>17489774
Fuck this dude. Just because his idea of what a rewarding life would be differs from yours, doesn't make your goals any less valid or worthwhile. He's obviously just insecure about making the wrong choices, and is trying to re-do what he saw on Keeping Up w/ the Kardashians.
>>
>>17489765
I know right? gross.
>>
>>17490663
Tough to tell whether you're from /r9k/ or /pol/, but either way, leave the cancer in the containment boards.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.