[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I smoked weed for 12 months, and during that time it wasn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: green dog.jpg (51KB, 500x338px) Image search: [Google]
green dog.jpg
51KB, 500x338px
I smoked weed for 12 months, and during that time it wasn't even every day, more like just a few times a week, and not even every week. Anyway, this continued throughout the aforementioned duration.

Before that time, I smoked for half a year, but only when someone, a friend or so would have some on them, so that was like, maybe once or twice a month. I haven't smoked for 5 months now, and already feeling a lot better. But I fear one thing, that I did permanent damage to my lungs and brain.

Back when I smoked, I had trouble remembering stuff, obviously. Now after quitting, I can remember a lot more and all that, but my concentration is still, almost nonexistent. I lose focus and forget what I was supposed to do almost as easily as back when I smoked.

I'm also an asthmatic (asthmatic bronchitis), and my lungs were already fucked to begin with, but I decided to be dumb enough and proceed to damage them further. My friends filled my head with stories like "Holy shit this is the best shit ever, weed has no harm whatsoever, your lungs will be fine!" etc. You get the point. Now I'm scared because ex. when I sneeze, my lungs become very irritated and start itching sort of, and I start wheezing and shit for like 5 minutes. I haven't had this happen back before smoking.

Will this go away? Will my concentration ever go back to previous state? I feel like I am relearning a lot of stuff, maybe because a lot of it was fried when smoking.
>>
>>17487103
I have a friend who has asthma and he smokes weed and cigs. What the fuck is with that? I never understood that logic or lack of.

Maybe your memory has always been shit.
>>
Idk, I've never smoked more than a month at a time. And i usually only smoked at night and went to bed. If you fucked your brain you fucked your brain. Not much you can do about it at this point.
>>
Well yes SMOKING marijuana is going to fuck up your lungs, I figured that one would be obvious. Yes, it has some health properties to it, to which I will not mention here. However, you must remember, with all things, even "herbs", to use caution and common sense.

I believe you asked about you regaining your concentration back, correct? If this doesn't prove to be permanent, what you must understand is that it will take a significant amount of time. I mean significant, I'd say around a few months or a year, perhaps more, depending on the exact depth at which you smoked. One must be extremely cautious with things that alter your perception, they alter the brain in more ways than most realize in larger doses. My advice to you is try to do brain exercises to help restore your mental faculties.
>>
>>17487216
Yeah, I know. But I was told it has "relieving properties", similar to when you take a hit from the inhaler. Retarded I know.

>>17487241
Well, I read somewhere you're able to grow new brain cells. Like, that it really actually just happens on a daily basis, exercise, sleep etc. It's a completely new study, and I might be wrong. I'm just saying what I heard. On the other hand, regarding fucked brain chemistry, you might be right. I still haven't gotten rid of visual snow I picked up from smoking.

>>17487262
It is obvious, I didn't realize it would have such a "huge" impact. I'm not saying my breathing is so bad I'm struggling to stay alive, just that it feels impaired from time to time, especially obvious when my lungs get irritated from laughing hard or sneezing. It happened before too from strong emotions, but not from sneezing. Maybe it just needs a bit more time to heal up completely. It's definitely not that bad.

I am doing math and physics on a daily basis, I think that's good enough exercise for my brain. Regarding the intensity of smoking, as I've said, it definitely wasn't as frequent as you would think of an amount a typical pothead would smoke, not even close. But yeah, it definitely will take some more time I suppose, for all of my cognitive functions to be back to top notch.
>>
Start living healthy. Go do sports a few times a week, take your multivitamins and omega 3 caps
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.